Discord is one of the best voice chat, messaging and gaming apps enjoyed by millions of users. But similar to all apps, Discord also has some errors and problems. The error 1105 Discord occurs when you attempt to open the Discord web app or desktop app. If you are looking out for reasons that cause error code 1105 in Discord, and want to troubleshoot the same, this guide will help you a lot.
- How to Fix Error 1105 Discord in Windows 10
- Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
- Method 2: Update Discord
- Method 3: Clear Discord Cache
- Method 4: Repair Corrupt Files
- Method 5: Run Malware Scan
- Method 6: Disable Proxy Server
- Method 7: Use Google DNS
- Method 8: Reset Voice Settings
- Method 9: Reinstall Discord
- Method 10: Use VPN Network
- Method 11: Contact Discord Support
How to Fix Error 1105 Discord in Windows 10
Here are some common reasons that cause Discord error code 1105 on your Windows 10 PC.
- Unstable internet connection
- Discord server is offline or out for maintenance
- Discord is not given proper admin rights
- Outdated Discord, drivers, and operating system
- Other applications and programs are interfering with the app
- One or more corrupt files on PC
- Proxy server connection is incompatible
- Misconfigured Discord installation files
There are different reasons why you might encounter error 1105 on Discord are the main causes of this issue. Before you step into advanced troubleshooting methods, you can follow some simple hacks that will help you fix the discussed problem within clicks.
- If you are using Discord in full-screen mode, minimize it and use it in windowed mode. This will help you prevent the slow progress of the app.
- Refresh the Discord app by pressing Ctrl + R keys altogether.
- Quit the Discord app once and relaunch the app. Right-click on the Discord icon in the system tray and select Quit Discord.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
Here are a few basic troubleshooting methods.
1A. Ensure Proper Network Connection
An unstable internet connection leads to error 1105 Discord, also if there are any obstacles between the router and the computer, they may interfere with the wireless signal and will cause intermittent connection problems. You can run a SpeedTest to know the optimum level of network speed required for the proper connection.
Ensure that your device satisfies the below criteria.
- Find the signal strength of your network and if it is very low, clear all the obstructions in between the way.
- Avoid too many devices connected to the same network.
- Always buy a modem/router verified by the Internet Service Provider (ISP) and they are free of conflicts.
- Do not use old, broken, or damaged cables. Replace the cables if necessary.
- Make sure the wires from the modem to the router and the modem to the wall are stable and out of disturbance.
If there are any internet connectivity issues, check our guide How to Troubleshoot Network Connectivity Problems on Windows 10 to troubleshoot the same.
1B. Verify Discord Status
Before checking or tweaking any other settings on your Windows 10 PC, you can check the status of the Discord server to check whether they are operational or not. If you have a Twitter account, you can check its status by following @discord to get any updates.
1. Visit the official Discord Status page.
2. Now, you have to ensure the All Systems Operational message in the main window. This will confirm there is no server maintenance activity from Discord. If you see any other messages, you have to wait until it is resolved.
1C. Run Network Troubleshooter
If you still have network problems with the app, you can improvise the connection by making use of the network troubleshooter. This will resolve error 1105 Discord. This is a systematic process and if you do not know how to run a network troubleshooter, follow the steps as instructed in our guide How to Troubleshoot Network Connectivity Problems on Windows 10 and implement the steps as instructed.
The results of the troubleshooting will guide you through the steps to fix all the diagnosed problems. Once done, check if you have fixed the issue or not.
Also Read: Fix Network Error 0x00028001 on Windows 10
1D. Modify Compatibility Settings
This method is the most trivial fix that helps you resolve Discord error 1105. To make sure Discord runs with admin rights, follow the below-listed instructions.
Step I: Run Program in Compatibility Mode
1. Navigate to the Discord file location in File Explorer.
2. Then, right-click on the Discord app and then select Properties, as depicted below.
3. Now, switch to the Compatibility tab.
4. Check the Run this program in compatibility mode for box.
5. Then, select any previous Windows version which is compatible with Discord.
6. Click Apply and OK to save these changes.
You can try various Windows versions and check if Discord error code 1105 occurs again or not. If this does not fix the issue, then try running the compatibility troubleshooter as instructed below.
Step II: Run Compatibility Troubleshooter
1. Repeat steps 1-3 as instructed in the above step and click the Run compatibility troubleshooter button as depicted.
2. Click Try recommended settings or Troubleshoot program to run the troubleshooter.
3. Click the Test the program… button and check whether the issue is fixed or not.
4. Then click Next to continue.
5A. If this setting fixes your issue, choose Yes, save these settings for this program.
5B. Alternatively if the issue persists then, follow the below-mentioned steps to fix the same.
Also Read: How to Screen Share Netflix on Discord
1E. Close Other Applications
If you run any other advanced game in the background in addition to Discord, this will lead to error 1105 Discord. Several background apps consume a lot of CPU resources, and if you want to resolve it, you have to close all other background programs and applications as instructed in our guide How to End Task in Windows 10.
1F. Update Windows
Also, if there are any bugs in your PC, they can only be fixed after a Windows update. Microsoft releases regular updates to fix all these bugs thereby sorting Discord error 1105. Hence, ensure if you have updated your Windows Operating System and if any updates are pending in action, use our guide How to Download and Install Windows 10 Latest Update
After updating your Windows Operating System, check whether you can fix the discussed error code.
1G. Update GPU Driver
If you face any launching conflicts while launching the game in Discord, make sure you use an updated version of device drivers, as they serve as a link between the hardware and Operating System of your PC. Many users have suggested that updating drivers has fixed error 1105 Discord. Read and implement the steps instructed in our guide 4 Ways to Update Graphics Drivers in Windows 10 to do so.
1H. Reinstall GPU Driver
If you still face Discord error 1105 after updating your GPU drivers, then reinstall device drivers to fix any incompatibility issues. You can easily reinstall Graphical drivers as instructed in our guide How to Uninstall and Reinstall Drivers on Windows 10.
Also Read: Fix Red Dot on Discord Icon in Windows 10
1I. Disable Antivirus Temporarily (If Applicable)
Your antivirus program may mistakenly prevent any updated features of Windows apps like Discord. Many compatibility issues are identified by several Windows users that are difficult to tolerate and rectify. You are advised to disable any inbuilt or third-party antivirus software temporarily to resolve error 1105 Discord. Read our guide on How to Disable Antivirus Temporarily on Windows 10 and follow the instructions to disable your Antivirus program temporarily on your PC.
1J. Disable Windows Defender Firewall (Not Recommended)
Sometimes, Windows Defender Firewall in your computer might prevent Discord access, for some security reasons. If in case, this feature has been blocked by Windows Defender Firewall, you have to enable it or disable the Firewall security temporarily from your computer. If you do not know how to disable Windows Defender Firewall, our guide on How to Disable Windows 10 Firewall will help you do so. You can also whitelist Discord by following our guide Allow or Block Apps through the Windows Firewall
1K. Reset Network Settings
Despite updating graphics drivers, and disabling security suites, try resetting the network settings if none of the methods has helped you fix error 1105 Discord. To do so, follow our guide on How to Reset Network Settings on Windows 10
Method 2: Update Discord
Several users have reported that Discord error 1105 can be resolved by updating the outdated Discord app. To update Discord, close all the Discord-related processes on PC, update the app and relaunch it later.
1. Hit the Windows Key, type %LocalAppData% and click on Open.
2. Now, double-click on the Discord folder to open it.
3. Now, double-click to run the Update application and wait for the process to be completed.
4. Finally, relaunch Discord app.
Also Read: Fix Discord Screen Share Audio Not Working
Method 3: Clear Discord Cache
Cleaning temporary files of Discord will help you resolve error 1105 Discord easily. Follow the below-mentioned steps to clear the Discord cache.
1. Exit from the Discord app.
2. Hit the Windows key, type %appdata% and click on Open.
3. Now, right-click on the Discord folder and select the Delete option to remove them.
4. Again, hit the Windows key and type %LocalAppData%.
5. Find the Discord folder and delete it as you did earlier.
6. Finally, restart the PC.
Now, you have successfully deleted corrupt configuration files of Discord from your PC. Next, check if you have fixed this Discord error code.
Method 4: Repair Corrupt Files
If you are experiencing Discord error 1105 very recently, there are some chances that your computer files have become corrupt or damaged. Fortunately, your Windows 10 PC has inbuilt repair tools like SFC (System File Checker) and DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) that will help you fix all the corrupt files. Read our guide on How to Repair System Files on Windows 10 and follow the steps as instructed to repair all your corrupt files.
Also Read: How to Quote Someone on Discord
Method 5: Run Malware Scan
If in case, the virus attack is very severe, you cannot connect to any network continuously at all leading to error 1105 Discord. To resolve the problem, you have to remove the virus or malware completely from your Windows 10 computer. You are advised to scan your computer as instructed in our guide How do I Run a Virus Scan on my Computer?
Also, if you want to remove malware from your computer, check our guide How to Remove Malware from your PC in Windows 10. Once you have removed all the viruses from your computer, connect to Discord and check if you face the discussed Discord error code again.
Method 6: Disable Proxy Server
Sometimes, with inappropriate network configurations on your Windows 10 computer, you will face error 1105 Discord. If you have installed any VPN service or use proxy servers on your PC, read our guide on How to Disable VPN and Proxy on Windows 10 and implement the steps as instructed in the article.
After disabling the VPN client and proxy servers, check if you have fixed the discussed error code. Still, if you face the same problem, try connecting to a mobile hotspot.
Also Read: How to Fix Discord Keeps Freezing
Method 7: Use Google DNS
Domain Name System (DNS) helps your computer establish a network connection between the client and server sides. Many technical experts have suggested that using Google DNS addresses helped them to fix Discord error code 1105. To do so, follow our guide on How to change DNS settings in Windows 10.
Method 8: Reset Voice Settings
Some users have suggested that resetting voice settings in Discord, helped them resolve Discord error code 1105. Although this might sound weird, this is worth giving a try. Follow the below-mentioned steps to implement the same.
1. Launch Discord and open Settings as instructed in the above methods.
2. Switch to the Voice and Video tab from the panel on the left.
3. Under Voice Settings, drag the input volume slider to a high value.
4. Now reset the voice settings on Discord. Scroll down on the Voice and Video screen and click on Reset Voice Settings.
5. Finally, a confirmation window will pop up; click on Okay to confirm.
Relaunch Discord to check whether you were able to fix Discord error code 1105 on Windows 10 PC.
Also Read: How to Set Up a Group DM in Discord
Method 9: Reinstall Discord
If none of the methods has helped you, then try to reinstall the software if possible. When you reinstall Discord, the configurational setup and all the settings will be refreshed, and hence there are more chances that you would attain a fix for error 1105 Discord.
1. Press the Windows + I keys together to open Windows Settings.
2. Click on Apps setting.
3. In the Apps & features tab, locate and click Discord. Then, click on Uninstall button.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation.
5. Then, press Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Manager.
6. Navigate to the following path from the address bar.
7. Right-click on Discord and select the Delete option.
8. Now go to the Discord website and click on Download for Windows button.
9. Open the downloaded DiscordSetup.exe file and install the program.
10. It will automatically update itself every time you launch the app as well.
Once, you have reinstalled Discord, all the associated problems will vanish now.
Method 10: Use VPN Network
Discord does not have servers in all countries. If you live in a country where the servers are not located, you will face Discord error 1105. Also, several users connect to the same network server, leading to connection lag. Use a Virtual Private Networking app to choose a server of your choice for the connection. Follow the given steps to connect to a VPN in Windows 10 and fix Discord error codes.
Note: You are advised to use the best VPN services like NordVPN, Hola VPN TunnelBearVPN, and SurfShark VPN, as they are efficient to use.
1. Press the Windows + I keys together to launch Settings.
2. Select Network & Internet setting.
3. Click on VPN in the left pane and then, click on Connect button corresponding to your VPN client.
4. Then, relaunch Discord.
Enjoy uninterrupted Discord service with the help of a VPN connection as instructed above.
Also Read: Fix Discord Keeps Crashing
Method 11: Contact Discord Support
If you have not been able to address the error 1105 Discord using the solutions listed above, you should contact Discord support.
1. Log in to the Discord app or website using your login details.
2. Now navigate to Submit a request page.
3. From the drop-down menu, choose the support you require and complete the form to submit the request.
4. Now, click on the Submit Request button at the bottom of the page.
Note: Indicate the Discord error code 1105 in the support ticket, as well as the action you performed that caused this error to display on the screen.
Discord support will look into this issue and will try to resolve the issue for you.
- How to Add Pictures on TikTok Video Without Slideshow
- How Do I Access My Epic Games Account
- Fix Discord Screen Share Not Working in Windows 10
- How to Switch Between Multiple Accounts on Discord
We hope that this guide was helpful and you would have learned how to fix error 1105 Discord on Windows 10. Let us know how this article has helped you the best. Also, if you have any queries/suggestions regarding this article, then feel free to drop them in the comments section.