When you face Warzone Dev Error 6634 on your Windows 10 PC, you will be thrown out of your game. Also, you will lose your gameplay and you just need to start your loot again. There are so many reasons that your Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game crashes on your computer including internet connectivity issues or antivirus protection. If you are looking for troubleshooting hacks to fix Call of Duty Dev error 6634, this guide is for you. The methods in this guide will help you troubleshoot Warzone error 6634 within simple solutions.
- How to Fix Dev Error 6634 in Call of Duty Warzone
- What Causes Dev Error 6634 on Windows 10?
- Basic Troubleshooting Steps
- Method 1: Run Warzone as Administrator
- Method 2: Verify Integrity of Game Files
- Method 3: Update Steam and Warzone Game
- Method 4: Update .NET Framework
- Method 5: Update DirectX
- Method 6: Disable Steam Overlay
- Method 7: Repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
- Method 8: Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
- Method 9: Modify Windows Defender Firewall Setting
- Method 10: Temporarily Disable Antivirus (If Applicable)
How to Fix Dev Error 6634 in Call of Duty Warzone
Continue reading this guide to solve Call of Duty Warzone 6634 error.
What Causes Dev Error 6634 on Windows 10?
There are so many reasons associated with Warzone dev error 6634 on your Windows 10 PC. Yet, a few significant reasons are listed below.
- The game lacks admin access
- Corrupt data in the game installation folder
- Editing permissions are missing
- Antivirus program blocks a few features of the game or the game itself
- Windows Defender Firewall is blocking the program
- Outdated Operating System and PC drivers
- Corrupt game data
Now, move ahead to the next section to learn the troubleshooting methods for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare error 6634.
Read and implement the below-discussed methods in your Windows 10 computer for resolving Warzone error 6634 and prevent the same.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Here are the basic steps you can follow to solve the issue.
1. Check Game Requirements
If you are facing Warzone error 6634 on startup, you have to check the basic requirements of the game and ensure that your PC satisfies them.
|Minimum Requirements||Recommended Requirements|
|CPU: Intel Core i3-4340 or AMD FX-6300||CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K or AMD Ryzen R5 1600X Processor|
|CPU SPEED: Info||CPU SPEED: Info|
|RAM: 8 GB||RAM: 12 GB|
|OS: Windows 7 64-Bit (SP1) or Windows 10 64-Bit (1709 or later)||OS: Windows 10 64 Bit (latest Service Pack)|
|VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 or AMD Radeon HD 7950||VIDEO CARD: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB / GTX 1660 6GB or AMD Radeon R9 390 / AMD RX 580|
|PIXEL SHADER: 5.0||PIXEL SHADER: 5.1|
|VERTEX SHADER: 5.0||VERTEX SHADER: 5.1|
|SOUND CARD: Yes||SOUND CARD: Yes|
|FREE DISK SPACE: 175 GB||FREE DISK SPACE: 175 GB|
|DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 2048 MB||DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 4096 MB|
2. Restart PC
The general trick to resolve all the temporary glitches associated with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is to restart your computer. You can restart your PC by following the steps.
1. Navigate to the Windows Power User menu by pressing the Windows and X keys simultaneously.
2. Select Shut down or sign out.
3. Finally, click on Restart.
Once you have restarted your game, check if you can play the game without any errors.
3. Ensure Proper Network Connection
An unstable internet connection leads to Warzone dev error 6634. Also, if there are any obstacles between your router and your computer, they may interfere with the wireless signal and will cause intermittent connection problems.
You can visit fast.com page to know the optimum level of network speed required for the proper connection.
Ensure that your device satisfies the below criteria.
- Find the signal strength of your network and if it is very low, clear all the obstructions in between the way.
- Avoid too many devices connected to the same network.
- Always buy a modem/router verified by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and they are free of conflicts.
- Do not use old, broken, or damaged cables. Replace the cables if necessary.
- Make sure the wires from the modem to the router and the modem to the wall are stable and out of disturbance.
If there are any internet connectivity issues, check our guide How to Troubleshoot Network Connectivity Problems on Windows 10 to troubleshoot the same.
4. Close Background Tasks
Several users have confirmed that Dev Error 6634 can be resolved by closing all the background tasks running on your PC. To implement the task, follow our guide How to End Task in Windows 10, and proceed as instructed.
Once you have closed all the background processes, check if you were able to fix Call of Duty: Modern Warfare error 6634.
5. Run System File Checker & DISM
If there are any missing or damaged files on your Windows 10 PC, you will face Dev Error 6634. Yet, you are repairing these corrupt files by using inbuilt utilities namely, System File Checker and Deployment Image Servicing and Management.
Read our guide on How to Repair System Files on Windows 10 and follow the steps as instructed to repair all your corrupt files.
Check if your computer is capable of fixing Call of Duty Dev error 6634.
6. Run Full Disk Cleanup
A few users have suggested that clearing some disk space in the PC has helped them sort out Dev Error 6634. This will enable your computer to install new files whenever needed which will help you fix the problem.
If there is minimum available space in your computer contributing to the discussed error code in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Follow our guide 10 Ways to Free Up Hard Disk Space On Windows which helps you clear all unnecessary files in your computer.
7. Update Windows
You can also eradicate bugs in your computer and game by updating your Operating System. Always ensure that you have updated your Windows Operating System and if any updates are pending in action, use our guide How to Download and Install Windows 10 Latest Update
After updating your Windows Operating System, check whether you can connect to your Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game server without any errors.
8. Update Graphics Drivers
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, being a graphical intensive game, your graphics driver is essential important for your gaming experience. If the drivers are outdated or faulty, make sure you update them. You can search for the newest releases of drivers from its official websites or you can update them manually.
Follow our guide 4 Ways to Update Graphics Drivers in Windows 10 to update your driver and check if you have fixed Warfare error 6634.
9. Roll Back GPU Drivers
Sometimes, the current version of GPU drivers may cause Warzone error 6634 and in this case, you have to restore previous versions of installed drivers. This process is called rollback of drivers and you can easily roll back your computer drivers to their previous state by following our guide How to Rollback Drivers on Windows 10.
10. Reinstall Graphics Drivers
If you still face Warfare error 6634 after updating your Graphical drivers, then reinstall device drivers to fix any incompatibility issues. There are several ways to reinstall drivers on your computer. Yet, you can easily reinstall Graphical drivers as instructed in our guide How to Uninstall and Reinstall Drivers on Windows 10.
After reinstalling GPU drivers, check if you can access Call of Duty: Modern Warfare without any errors.
11. Clear DNS Cache & Data
Few users have suggested that clearing the DNS cache and data on your PC has helped them fix Call of Duty error 6634. Follow as instructed.
1. Hit the Windows key and type cmd. Then, click on Open.
2. Now, type the following commands one by one. Hit Enter key after each command.
ipconfig/flushdns ipconfig/registerdns ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew netsh winsock reset
3. Wait for the commands to be executed and restart your PC.
Method 1: Run Warzone as Administrator
This is one of the most common reasons that cause Warzone dev error 6634 in your Windows 10 PC. Certain permissions and features can only be accessed if you have granted admin rights to Call of Duty: Warzone game. In this scenario, you can fix the discussed error by following the below-listed instructions.
1. Right-click on the Call of Duty: Warzone shortcut on the desktop or navigate the installation directory and right-click on it.
2. Now, select the Properties option.
3. Then, switch to the Compatibility tab and check the box Run this program as an administrator.
4. Finally, click on Apply and OK to save the changes.
Check if you have fixed the discussed Warzone dev error 6634 code.
Method 2: Verify Integrity of Game Files
We have seen many cases in which the game files are either missing or corrupt or it had incomplete installations. Users could also experience Call of Duty Dev error 6634 if they are interrupted by the update process or if the game files are being moved. In this method, you will be opening Steam and using the built-in function for verifying the integrity of the game. Read our guide on how to verify integrity of game files on Steam.
Method 3: Update Steam and Warzone Game
If you use an outdated Steam application, you cannot access any games smoothly. Hence always make sure you use an updated version of Steam and the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game before launching it.
1. Hit Windows key and type Steam, then click on Open.
2. Now, click on Steam in the top left corner of the screen followed by Check for Steam Client Updates… as highlighted below.
3. If you have any new updates to be downloaded, install them and ensure your Steam client is up-to-date.
4. Now, relaunch Steam and check if the issue is solved now.
Likewise, it is always essential that your game run at its latest version to avoid any conflicts. Until your game is updated, you cannot log in to the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare servers successfully.
To update your game, follow the below-mentioned steps.
1. Launch Steam and navigate to LIBRARY.
2. Now, click on HOME and search for the Call of Duty: Warzone.
3. Then, right-click on the game and select the Properties… option.
4. Now, switch to the UPDATES tab and check if any updates are pending in action. If so, follow the on-screen instructions to download the latest updates.
After an update, check if Call of Duty error 6634 is fixed.
Method 4: Update .NET Framework
.NET framework in Windows 10 computer is essential for uninterrupted service of modern apps and games. Many games have an auto-update feature for the .NET framework, and thus it will be updated automatically whenever an update is available. In another case, if an update prompts in your PC, you can manually install the latest version of the .NET framework, as discussed below, to fix Call of Duty error 6634.
1. Check for new updates for .NET framework from the official Microsoft website.
2. If there are any updates, click on the corresponding/recommended link and click Download .NET Framework 4.8 Runtime option.
Note: Do not click on Download .NET Framework 4.8 Developer Pack as it is used by software developers.
3. Go to My downloads, double-click on the setup file to run the downloaded file, and follow the on-screen instructions to install the .NET framework successfully on your Windows PC.
Also Read: Fix Infinite Warfare Error Bamberga
Method 5: Update DirectX
To enjoy a seamless multimedia experience on the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game. You have to make sure whether DirectX is installed, and it is updated to its latest version. DirectX helps you improve the visual media experience for graphical games and applications especially. It is worth updating DirectX needed for this game by following our guide, How to update DirectX in Windows 10.
Method 6: Disable Steam Overlay
The Steam Overlay is a piece of Steam that allows the users to access friends list, web browser and allows in-game purchasing. It is a significant tool, yet it sometimes triggers Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 6634 error. If you want to solve this problem, then turn off the Steam game overlay.
1. Launch Steam and click on LIBRARY.
2. Now, right-click on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and click on Properties.
3. Now, switch to the GENERAL tab and uncheck the box containing Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
4. Finally, relaunch the game and check if Warzone error 6634is solved.
Also Read: How Do You Unlink a Call of Duty Account
Method 7: Repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
Alternately, you can try to repair the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages to fix Warzone dev error 6634 as instructed in our guide How to Repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.
Method 8: Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
If the previous method of repairing the Microsoft C++ Visual Redistributable did not fix Call of Duty: Modern Warfare error 6634. Then, you will have to reinstall the redistributable. Follow the given steps in our guide How to Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable to uninstall & then install these again.
Method 9: Modify Windows Defender Firewall Setting
You will also face Dev Error 6634, due to an over-reactive or over-protective antivirus suite in your Windows 10 computer. This prevents the connection link between the game launcher and the server. So, to fix this problem, you can whitelist Call of Duty: Modern Warfare in your Firewall settings or disable the problem temporarily.
Option I: Whitelist Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
To allow Call of Duty: Modern Warfare in your Windows Defender Firewall. Follow our guide Allow or Block Apps through the Windows Firewall and implement the steps as instructed.
Option II: Disable Firewall (Not Recommended)
If you do not know how to disable Windows Defender Firewall, our guide How to Disable Windows 10 Firewall will help you do so.
Option III: Create New Rule in Firewall
1. Hit the Windows key and type Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security. Then, click on Open.
2. Now, in the left pane, click on Inbound Rules as depicted.
3. Then, in the right pane, click on New rule… as shown.
4. Now, make sure you select the Program option under What type of rule would you like to create? menu and click on Next> as shown.
5. Then, click on the Browse… button corresponding to This program path: as shown.
6. Then, navigate to the C:\Program Files (x86)\ Call of Duty: Modern Warfare path and double-click on setup file. Now, click on the Open button.
7. Then, click on Next > in the New Inbound Rule Wizard window as shown.
8. Now, select the radio button next to Allow the connection and click on Next > as depicted.
9. Make sure Domain, Private, Public boxes are selected and click on Next > as shown.
10. Finally, add a name to your new rule and click on Finish.
Also Read: Do You Need Xbox Live to Play Warzone?
Method 10: Temporarily Disable Antivirus (If Applicable)
Some incompatible antivirus programs installed in your computer will cause Call of Duty Dev error 6634. To avoid conflicts, you must ensure the security settings of your Windows 10 computer and check if they are stable or not. To find whether the antivirus suite is the reason for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare error 6634, disable it once and try connecting to a network.
Read our guide on How to Disable Antivirus Temporarily on Windows 10 and follow the instructions to disable your Antivirus program temporarily on your PC.
If you have a fix for your problem after disabling the antivirus program in your computer, you are advised to uninstall the program completely from your PC. Read our guide Force Uninstall Programs which won’t Uninstall in Windows 10 to uninstall your antivirus program in your computer.
- Fix YouTube Music Not Playing Next Song
- Fix Cult of the Lamb Keeps Freezing or Crashing on PC
- Can You Get Warzone Aimbot on Xbox One?
- Fix Call of Duty Warzone Dev Error 6635 in Windows 10
We hope that this guide was helpful and you could fix Dev Error 6634 on your Windows PC. Let us know which method worked for you the best. Also, if you have any queries/suggestions, then feel free to drop them in the comments section.