Cult of the Lamb is one of the best single-player online action adventure games available for macOS, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows (on Steam), Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. Although it is a famous game enjoyed by thousands of users, many users have complained that Cult of the Lamb freezing after ritual issue. Cult of the Lamb crashing issue annoys many users due to internet connectivity issues or corrupt gaming files. Many gamers might experience Cult of the Lamb keeps freezing due to outdated Steam and the game files. In rare cases Cult of the Lamb ritual freeze might occur due to an unreliable VPN service.
- How to Fix Cult of the Lamb Keeps Freezing or Crashing on PC
- What Causes Cult of the Lamb Freezing Problem?
- Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
- Method 2: Run Cult of the Lamb as Administrator
- Method 3: Verify Integrity of Game Files
- Method 4: Update Cult of the Lamb
- Method 5: Disable Full-Screen Optimizations
- Method 6: Update .NET Framework
- Method 7: Update DirectX
- Method 8: Disable Steam Overlay
- Method 9: Repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
- Method 10: Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
How to Fix Cult of the Lamb Keeps Freezing or Crashing on PC
If you are facing these issues on your Windows 10 PC, this guide will help you fix the problem with effective troubleshooting methods.
What Causes Cult of the Lamb Freezing Problem?
In this section, we will come through the reasons that contribute to Cult of the Lamb freezing issue on your PC.
- Game requirements are not met by the PC.
- Internet connectivity issues.
- VPN and Proxy server settings are not correct and compatible
- DNS settings are not appropriate.
- Game mode is not turned on.
- The game is not set to high performance on your Windows 10 PC
- The Steam, Cult of the Lamb, drivers, operating system, .NET framework, DirectX, and BIOS are not updated to their latest versions.
- Your system may lack the necessary Microsoft Visual C++ re-distributable files.
- The VPN service is not compatible with the game.
In this section, you will learn the list of troubleshooting hacks that will help you fix the discussed issue on your Windows 10 PC.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Here are some of basic steps you can follow to solve Cult of the Lamb freezing after ritual issue.
1A. Check Server Status and Game Requirements
Before you start with any troubleshooting methods, check the Cult of the Lamb servers is normally functioning without any issues. Also, make sure that your PC meets the requirements of the game. Else, consider upgrading your computer.
Minimum System Requirements
- CPU: Intel Core i3-3240 (2 * 3400); AMD FX-4300 (4 * 3800)
- RAM: 4 GB
- OS: Windows 7 or later
- VIDEO CARD: GeForce GTX 560 Ti (1024 VRAM); Radeon HD 7750 (1024 VRAM)
- PIXEL SHADER: 5.0
- VERTEX SHADER: 5.0
- FREE DISK SPACE: 4 GB
- DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 1024 MB
Recommended System Requirements
- CPU: Intel Core i5-3470
- RAM: 8 GB
- OS: Windows 10
- VIDEO CARD: GeForce GTX 1050 (2048 VRAM); Radeon R9 380 (2048 VRAM)
- PIXEL SHADER: 5.1
- VERTEX SHADER: 5.1
- FREE DISK SPACE: 4 GB
- DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 2048 MB
1B. Troubleshoot Network Connection
The next method to resolve Cult of the Lamb ritual freeze is to fix network connectivity problems in your PC. The glitch in the Internet Connection can be fixed by resetting the Wi-Fi Router. Read our guide to troubleshoot network connectivity problems on Windows 10.
1C. Change VPN and Proxy Server Settings
The freezing issue is also due to the geo-restrictions imposed on the region or due to the ISP error, you can try using a VPN service on your PC. You can use the link provided here to add a VPN service on your PC to fix the problem in the Cult of the Lamb with the geo-restrictions and ISP error.
If the VPN Service and proxy are enabled on your PC, you may not be able to fix the issue. You can try disabling the VPN and Proxy using the steps given in the reference file.
Also Read: 21 Best Free VPN for Windows 10
1D. Flush DNS Cache
To fix Cult of the Lamb crashing issue, you can flush the DNS or Domain Name System cache of the Wi-Fi network. You can implement the steps provided in the link given here to flush the DNS cache of your Network connection on your PC.
1E. Change DNS Server Address
Another option to fix the issue with the DNS or Domain Name System is to change the DNS Server address. You can follow the steps in the link provided here to change the DNS Server address on your PC.
1F. Turn on Game Mode
The game mode option available on the PC is used to prioritize and improve the gaming experience and reduce unnecessary interruptions. The game mode gives priority access to resources for the games you are playing, while other background running applications get fewer resources. Therefore, follow the below steps to turn on the game mode to optimize the play in games.
1. Press the Windows + I keys together to open Settings.
2. Locate the Gaming option as illustrated below in system settings.
3. Select the Game mode option in the left pane and turn on the Game Mode toggle.
4. Once the Game mode is enabled on your PC, relaunch the game.
1G. Run Malware scan
Presence of a virus or malware attack will result in gaming problems in your computer. If in case, the virus attack is very severe, you cannot connect to any online game continuously at all. To resolve the problem, you have to remove the virus or malware completely from your Windows 10 computer.
You are advised to scan your computer as instructed in our guide How do I Run a Virus Scan on my Computer?
Also, if you want to remove malware from your computer, check our guide How to Remove Malware from your PC in Windows 10. Once you have removed all the viruses from your computer, connect to your game and check if you face the freezing issue again or not.
1H. Set High Performance
You can also optimize your Cult of the Lamb game when setting your high-performance power plan settings. These power plans are developed to manage the power settings on portable settings. Follow the below-mentioned instructions to use high-performance power plan settings in your computer.
1. Press the Windows + I keys together to open Windows Settings.
2. Now, scroll down the list and click on System as highlighted below.
3. Now, select the Power & sleep option and click on Additional power settings under Related settings.
4. Now, choose the High-performance option under High additional plans as shown in the below picture.
Now you have optimized your system, check if you have fixed the discussed issue.
Also Read: Fix Device Manager Power Management Issue
1I. Run SFC/ DISM scan
If there are any missing or damaged files on your Windows 10 PC, you will face the discussed Cult of the Lamb freezing issue. Yet, you are repairing these corrupt files by using inbuilt utilities namely, System File Checker and Deployment Image Servicing and Management.
Read our guide on How to Repair System Files on Windows 10 and follow the steps as instructed to repair all your corrupt files.
1J. Run Check Disk Utility Scan (chkdsk)
Windows users might not be able to associate various error faces with a hard disk, but one or other cause is related to it. So running a check disk is always recommended as it can easily fix the issue. And that is why Windows OS comes with an in-built utility tool called chkdsk. Chkdsk is basic Windows utility software that scans for hard disk, USB, or external drive for errors & can fix file-system errors. CHKDSK basically makes sure that the disk is healthy by inspecting the physical structure of the disk. It repairs problems related to lost clusters, bad sectors, directory errors, and cross-linked files.
Read our guide to Check Disk for Errors Using chkdsk to find and remove disk errors.
1K. Close Unwanted Programs on Windows 10
If you run any other advanced game in the background in addition to the Cult of the Lamb game, this will lead to crashing problems on your PC. Several background apps consume a lot of CPU resources, and if you want to resolve it, you have close all other background programs and applications as instructed in our guide How to End Task in Windows 10.
1L. Update Graphics Drivers
Graphical drivers help heavy graphical images and video processing applications simplify their tasks. If you face any launching conflicts while launching a game like the Cult of the Lamb game, make sure you use an updated version of device drivers, as they serve as a link between the hardware and the Operating System of your PC. Many users have suggested that updating drivers has fixed the discussed issue. Read and implement the steps instructed in our guide 4 Ways to Update Graphics Drivers in Windows 10 to do so.
1M. Roll Back Graphics Drivers
Sometimes, the current version of graphics drivers may cause any launching conflicts and in this case, you have to restore previous versions of installed drivers. This process is called rollback of drivers and you can easily roll back your computer drivers to their previous state by following our guide How to Rollback Drivers on Windows 10.
Save your changes and check if you got fix for Cult of the Lamb crashing issue.
1N. Reinstall GPU Driver
If you still face Cult of the Lamb ritual freeze after updating your GPU drivers, then reinstall device drivers to fix any incompatibility issues. You can easily reinstall Graphical drivers as instructed in our guide How to Uninstall and Reinstall Drivers on Windows 10.
1O. Update Windows
Also, if there are any bugs in your PC, they can only be fixed after a Windows update. Microsoft releases regular updates to fix all these bugs thereby fixing Cult of the Lamb freezing after ritual issue.
Hence, ensure if you have updated your Windows Operating System and if there are any updates pending in action, use our guide How to Download and Install Windows 10 Latest Update
After updating your Windows Operating System, check whether you can access the game without any issues.
1P. Disable AV Security Suite
Some incompatible antivirus programs installed in your computer will cause Cult of the Lamb keeps freezing issue. To avoid conflicts, you must ensure the security settings of your Windows 10 computer and check if they are stable or not. To find whether the antivirus suite is the reason for the discussed issue, disable it once and try connecting to a network.
Read our guide on How to Disable Antivirus Temporarily on Windows 10 and follow the instructions to disable your Antivirus program temporarily on your PC.
If you have a fix for your problem after disabling the antivirus program in your computer, you are advised to uninstall the program completely from your PC.
Read our guide Force Uninstall Programs which won’t Uninstall In Windows 10 to uninstall your antivirus program in your computer.
Method 2: Run Cult of the Lamb as Administrator
If the Cult of the Lamb game does not have required administrative privileges, a few essential features of the game will be limited causing you freezing issues whenever you open the game or install any updates. Follow the below-mentioned instructions to run the game as an administrator.
1. Right-click on the Cult of the Lamb shortcut on the desktop.
2. Then, select the Properties option.
3. Now, move to the Compatibility tab and click on Run this program as an administrator.
4. Finally, click on Apply > OK to save the changes.
Also Read: Fix Steam Error 53 in Windows 10
Method 3: Verify Integrity of Game Files
We have seen many cases in which the game files are either missing or corrupt or it had incomplete installations. Users could also experience Cult of the Lamb freezing issue if they are interrupted by the update process or if the game files are being moved. In this method, you will be opening Steam and using the built-in function for verifying the integrity of the game. It will be replaced if the application finds something. Follow the steps discussed in our guide, How to Verify Integrity of Game Files on Steam.
Note: You should perform similar steps if you are using different launching software.
Method 4: Update Cult of the Lamb
If you use an outdated Steam application, you cannot access any games smoothly. Hence always make sure you use an updated version of Steam and the Cult of the Lamb game before launching it.
1. Hit Windows key and type Steam, then click on Open.
2. Now, click on Steam in the top left corner of the screen followed by Check for Steam Client Updates… as highlighted below.
3. If you have any new updates to be downloaded, install them and ensure your Steam client is up-to-date.
4. Now, relaunch Steam and check if the issue is solved now.
Likewise, it is always essential that your game run at its latest version to avoid any conflicts. Until your game is updated, you cannot log in to the Cult of the Lamb servers successfully.
To update your game, follow the below-mentioned steps.
1. Launch Steam and navigate to LIBRARY.
2. Now, click on HOME and search for the Cult of the Lamb.
3. Then, right-click on the game and select the Properties… option.
4. Now, switch to the UPDATES tab and check if any updates are pending in action. If so, follow the on-screen instructions to download the latest updates.
After an update, check if Cult of the Lamb freezing issue is fixed.
Also Read: Fix Steam Error Code 51 in Windows 10
Method 5: Disable Full-Screen Optimizations
Few users have suggested that disabling full-screen optimizations on PC has helped them fix Cult of the Lamb keeps freezing issue. Follow as instructed.
1. Navigate to the Steam LIBRARY menu.
2. Now, right-click on the Cult of the Lamb game and click on Properties… option.
3. Now, switch to the GENERAL tab and click on SET LAUNCH OPTIONS… as depicted.
4. Now, a new window will be opened with an advanced user warning. To open the game in windowed mode, type the –windowed parameter.
5. Now, save the changes by clicking OK and exit from the Properties window.
6. Now, relaunch the game and ensure that it runs in windowed mode.
Note: You can also navigate to SET LAUNCH OPTIONS… again and type the following parameters instead of the last parameter.
–windowed -w 1024
7. Now, save the changes by clicking on OK.
Method 6: Update .NET Framework
.NET framework in Windows 10 computer is essential for uninterrupted service of modern apps and games. Many games have an auto-update feature for the .NET framework, and thus it will be updated automatically whenever an update is available. In another case, if an update prompts in your PC, you can manually install the latest version of the .NET framework, as discussed below, to fix Cult of the Lamb crashing issue.
1. Check for new updates for .NET framework from the official Microsoft website.
2. If there are any updates, click on the corresponding/recommended link and click Download .NET Framework 4.8 Runtime option.
Note: Do not click on Download .NET Framework 4.8 Developer Pack as it is used by software developers.
3. Go to My downloads, double-click on the setup file to run the downloaded file, and follow the on-screen instructions to install the .NET framework successfully on your Windows PC. Once done, check if you have fixed Cult of the Lamb freezing after ritual issue or not.
Method 7: Update DirectX
To enjoy a seamless multimedia experience on the Cult of the Lamb game, you have to make sure whether DirectX is installed, and it is updated to its latest version. DirectX helps you improve the visual media experience for graphical games and applications especially. It is worth updating DirectX needed for this game by following our guide to update DirectX in Windows 10.
Method 8: Disable Steam Overlay
The Steam Overlay is a piece of Steam that allows the users to access friends list, web browser and allows in-game purchasing. It is a significant tool, yet it sometimes triggers Cult of the Lamb keeps crashing issue. If you want to solve this problem, then turn off the Steam game overlay as instructed in our guide How to Disable Steam Overlay in Windows 10.
Method 9: Repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
Alternately, you can try to repair the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages to fix Cult of the Lamb ritual freeze issue as instructed in our guide to Repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.
Method 10: Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
If the previous method of repairing the Microsoft C++ Visual Redistributable did not fix Cult of the Lamb crashing issue, then you will have to reinstall the redistributable. Follow the given steps in our guide How to Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable to uninstall & then install these again.
- How to Delete Vine Account
- How to Find Someone’s IP on Discord
- Fix World of Warcraft Unable to Validate Game Version
- 12 Fixes for Civilization 5 Not Launching Errors
We hope that this guide was helpful and you could fix Cult of the Lamb freezing issue on your device. Let us know which method worked for you the best to solve Cult of the Lamb crashing problem. Also, if you have any queries/suggestions regarding this article, then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.