Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable is a Dynamic Link Library (DLL) that installs run-time components of Visual C++ libraries. These components are required for many applications and programs including games that are built using Microsoft C and C++ tools. However, it can encounter several issues from time to time. Hence, you should learn how to repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable using Microsoft Visual C++ repair tool.
Table of Contents
How to Repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable is a package with a set of libraries that help many programs, applications and games to operate. Many Microsoft apps are built around the Visual Studio framework which results in the dependency of the program on Visual Studio. MSVC package includes and installs:
- Standard C++
- C++ AMP
- MFC and
Need for Microsoft Visual C++ Repair
Visual Studio adds dependency DLL files to the project which are needed by apps or programs on your PC to run.
- When these DLL files are not found for some reason, various errors can be encountered. Thus, repairing Microsoft Visual C++ becomes necessary, if certain DLL files are not found.
- Also, if MSVC++ packages are deleted or uninstalled from the PC, it can result in the need to use the Microsoft Visual C++ repair tool. Therefore, it is advised to not delete MSVC package files from the system.
If you are facing issues with the MSVC++ package on your PC, then there are a few things that you can do for Microsoft Visual C++ repair. From downloading the package to repairing it, follow the elaborative steps given below for the same.
Step I: Downloading Latest Version of MSVC++
The first thing to check in case of facing an issue with an app or game is the current version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. If you are using an older version, then it is time for you to install the latest one and repair all the previously installed MSVCR files. You can download & update MSVC++ Redistributable using the following steps:
1. Open the Windows search bar on your PC, enter System Information in it, and click on Open as shown.
2. Now, check the System Type in it. In this illustration, it is Windows 10 64-bit PC.
3. Next, open your web browser and visit Download Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable webpage.
4. Open the MSVC++ download link, and click on the compatible package (as per version shown in Notes column) to install it on your PC.
Also Read: How to Fix StartupCheckLibrary.dll missing on Windows 10
Step II: Using Microsoft Visual C++ Repair Tool
Most Windows PCs come pre-installed with almost all the necessary packages of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. But sometimes, DLL files for some applications can go missing and can cause issues in running them. This usually happens due to newly installed apps or games that are not able to bind with MSVCR files. In such a situation, the best thing to do is to repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable as follows:
1. Click the Windows key, type Apps & features in the search box, and click on Open.
2. Now, search and locate Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package.
3. Click on the package and select Modify option shown highlighted below.
4. Click on Yes in the User Account Control prompt.
5. Select Repair in the following pop-up window.
6. Now, repeat steps 3 & 4 for each C++ entry from the package.
7. Now, restart the PC to complete the repair process.
8. Launch the game or application that was previously creating issues and check if the repair has resolved problems.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Where can I find installed Visual Redistributable C++?
Ans. You can find Visual Studio 2022 redistributable files in the %VCINSTALLDIR%Redist\MSVC\v142 folder. While for the latest version of Visual Studio 2019, you can find Visual Redistributable C++ in the %VCINSTALLDIR%Redist\MSVC\v142 folder.
Q2. What to do in case of failed installation of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package?
Ans. In case of failed installation of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package, you can take the help of the Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter to help resolve issues.
Q3. What is the use of Microsoft C++ Redistributable?
Ans. Microsoft C++ Redistributable helps to standardize aspects of software development. Redistributable allows other programs to call on the libraries needed on user’s PC. It helps in creating Windows applications in programming languages like C, C++, and C++/CLI.
Q4. Are all the files of Microsoft Visual C++ necessary?
Ans. Yes, all the files of Microsoft Visual C++ are necessary. It is a set of runtime library files, each of which is used by many programs that are present on a PC. Uninstalling or deleting any of these files can interfere with the program or an application and can stop them from working.
Q5. Is Microsoft Visual C++ safe for my PC?
Ans. Yes, Microsoft Visual C++ is completely safe for your PC. It is a Microsoft tool and is not harmful to PC in any way.
- How to Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
- How to Add Windows Firewall Rule
- How to Fix Runtime Error C++ on Windows 10
- How to fix Vcruntime140.dll Not Found error on Windows 11
Indeed, a Windows PC needs Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package to run most of its programs, and even a part of Windows itself. But some technical issues are inevitable if some of the package files are deleted or go missing, in which case to repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable becomes important. We hope that our guide helped you in doing so with ease and fruitful results. If you have further suggestions about the same or any queries, then leave them down in the comments section.