Using the most trusted platform to gain access to an all-rounder app makes us feel at ease. The most popular and well-known platform, which is Microsoft, has come up with the initiative to give out Visual Studio download for Windows 10. This app seems to be a major path to breakthrough for all people who are aspiring to develop their apps. Additionally, the developed code of the app, which is Visual Studio free download for Windows 10, has also become a true necessity. Read the article to learn the method to install the two discussed apps, and you can begin your coding journey.
How to Download Visual Studio for Windows 10
Visual Studio app comprises a programming language suite to make the process simpler, faster, and easier for app development. It is a Python Integrated Development Environment (IDE) from Microsoft to allow designing, developing, deploying, debugging, and running applications using the source code editor which is Visual Studio free. In this article, we bring you a perfect guide that will help you to download Microsoft Visual Studio for Windows 10 in detail.
Steps to Download Visual Studio for Windows 10
The method to download and install the Visual Studio app on your Windows 10 PC is explained below.
Note: We have used the Google Chrome web browser to download the app.
Step I: Download Visual Studio 2022
The first step is to download the Visual Studio app using your default web browser.
1. Press the Windows key, type Google Chrome, and click on Open.
2. Open the website of Microsoft Visual Studio, click on the More drop-down menu, and click on the Downloads option.
Note: You can see if your PC specifications have similar system requirements.
3. Click on the Free download button.
Note: The paid version of Visual Studio download for Windows 10 has only a free trial while you can use the Community Edition without having to worry about the expiry date.
4. Double-click on the VisualStudioSetup.exe file at the bottom.
5. Click on the Yes button.
6. Click on the Continue button.
7. After installing, click .NET desktop environment option in the Desktop & Mobiles section of the Workload tab and then click on Install.
Note 1: It is best to keep the Install while downloading option in the drop-down menu.
Note 2: This would require about 7.67 GB of space on your PC and 2.2 GB of Internet Data Connection. Read the guides on the methods to clean up the storage space on your PC and the methods to fix Network connectivity issues.
Wait till the Downloading and Installing processes are complete.
Note: If you would like to halt the download process for a while, you can click on the Pause button and then click on the Resume button to continue. However, in some cases, this might lead to downloading the software again and is not recommended until it is needed.
Step II: Configure Visual Studio App
The next step is to configure the basic settings of the Visual Studio app.
1. Click on the Launch button.
2. Click on the Skip this for now. option.
Note: If you will be using the app repeatedly, you can either click on the Sign In button to sign in to your existing account. Alternatively, you can click on the Create an account button to create a new account.
3. Click General option, then choose Light and click on the Start Visual Studio button.
What is Visual Studio Code?
Similar to Visual Studio download for Windows 10, the back-end code of the app, which is, VS Code or Visual Code is a free, lightweight, and powerful source code editor.
- Along with features like debugging and intelligent code completion, it also supports other essential features like snippets, code refactoring, syntax highlighting, and built-in Git commands.
- Edit-build-debug cycle benefits to reducing time in searching for options.
- Adding new themes, languages, debuggers, and connections to additional services can be done by using the extensible and customizable extension.
- Building cloud applications and cross-platform web can be done with the code editor-centric development tool.
- It is used on most platforms including Windows, Linux, or Mac.
User Setup vs System Setup
There are two options for Visual Studio Code download for Windows 10 PC, namely-
- User Setup: saves the file to Local AppData and does not require Administrator permission.
- System Setup: saves the file to Program Files and requires Administrator permission.
Highlights of Visual Studio 2022 Version
The highlights of the 2022 version of Visual Studio download for Windows 10 are listed below in this section. Also, like previous versions, there is a positive answer to the question of is Visual Studio free.
- Faster and more lightweight
- More approachable, easy amendment of errors, and easy sharing of files
- Find in Files feature searches even Orchard Core
- Full support for .net 6 and its unified framework for web, client, and mobile apps for developers
- Compatible with Windows 11 platform
- Upholds C++ workload and C++20 tooling with fresh productivity details
- Easy coding with IntelliSense and CodeLens, and enhanced IntelliCode
- Single suite permits projects hosted on different Git repositories
Specifications of Visual Studio App
The specifications of the Visual Studio app downloaded from Visual Studio Installer are as stated below.
- Version- 2022
- Operating System- Windows XP, Windows 10, and 11
- Processor- 8 GHz Quad-core or better
- RAM– 2 to 2.5 GB minimum (recommended to have 8 GB)
- Free Space– 800 MB minimum for basic installation
- Resolution– works best at 1366 x768 WXGA or higher
- Additional requirements- .net framework 4.5, Microsoft Edge, and high-speed Internet Connection
- Language- developed in English language and also available in Czech, German, Spanish, and more
How to Download Visual Studio Code for Windows 10
The method to perform Visual Studio Code download for Windows 10 on your PC is explained below. This is mostly similar to Visual Studio download for Windows 10.
Step I: Download Visual Studio Code App
The method to download and install the Visual Studio Code app using Google Chrome is explained.
1. Launch the Google Chrome browser from the Windows Search bar.
2. Open Microsoft Visual Studio Code download and click on the download button on the Windows option.
Note: It is recommended to have a PC with a 64-bit Operating System and x86 architecture.
3. Double-click on the VSCodeUserSetup.exe file at the bottom.
4. Click the Yes button on the UAC window to grant Administrative privileges.
5. Select the I accept the agreement option and then click on the Next button.
6. Click on the Next button.
Note 1: You can save the software to another location using the Browse… button, but it is recommended to have the original download location.
Note 2: It is required to have a minimum of 353.2 MB of free disk space.
7. Click on the Next button.
Note: If you want the installation files in another folder, click on the Browse… button and select the particular folder.
8. Select Add to PATH (requires shell restart) options, and click on the Next button.
Note: You can select other options based on your convenience and the edition chosen in Visual Studio download on Windows 10.
9. Click on the Install button.
10. Click on the Finish button.
Note: Make sure you tick Launch visual code option.
11. Open the Visual Studio Code app.
12. Set the theme to Light, and click on the back arrow at the top.
Pro Tip: How to Uninstall Visual Studio and other Apps
The methods to uninstall the app and other coding apps are given in this section.
You can use Visual Studio Installer app to uninstall the Visual Studio 2022 app is given below. However, this can be only used to uninstall or modify the Visual Studio apps.
1. Hit the Windows key, type Visual Studio Installer, and click on Open.
2. Click on the More button and click on Uninstall.
3. Click on the OK button.
4. Wait until the app is uninstalled, and restart the PC.
- 22 Best Self Care Apps for Free
- How to Post a YouTube Video on LinkedIn
- Microsoft Lists VS Planner: What to Use?
- Fix Unable to Start Program Visual Studio Access is Denied
The method of Visual Studio download for Windows 10 is explained in the article. Kindly let us know of your suggestions and queries in the comments section for us to revert with an answer.