Among other online battle video games, Call of Duty: Warzone 2 by Activision is one of the most followed by players around the world. The game has also been considered one of the most realistic of all. However, even Warzone 2 is not devoid of some glitches and error in-game that occur from time to time. Warzone 2 error code Diver is one such error that makes the game unplayable. The guide below will help you in knowing what does code Diver mean in Warzone and how can it be fixed by attempting some easy and doable methods. Also you will know how to fix Modern Warfare 2 error code Diver in PC. So, without wasting any time further, let us dive into clearing the Diver error.
How to Fix Call of Duty Warzone 2 Error Code Diver
Here, you will get to know about how to fix Warzone 2 error code Diver and fix Modern Warfare 2 error code Diver in PC.
One of the most effective methods to fix this issue in Warzone 2 is to update the device drivers as follows:
1. Open the Device Manager.
2. Expand the devices whose drivers are outdated.
3. Select the outdated driver and right-click on it.
4. Finally, click on Update driver option.
5. Update all your device drivers by following the above steps.
What Causes Warzone 2 Error Code Diver?
The Diver error code in Warzone 2 appears for players when a critical feature of the game fails to perform its activity and shuts down the entire session. This error code is commonly reported on a PC or PS4. Also, in some cases, this error code has been reported to occur after or during the game update. The said error can interrupt your gameplay due to the following reasons:
- Network Problem: Router misconfiguration restricting Warzone’s access to an essential online source or ISP hindrance to the traffic essential for Warzone can be a prominent reason behind the error code.
- Outdated Game Version: If you have not updated the game in a long time, its outdated version can also interrupt leading to the Diver error code.
- System’s Security Application Interference: The antivirus or firewall security system of your device can lead to error code Diver by blocking the game’s access to an essential online resource.
- Corrupt System Files: Corrupt system files due to a sudden power failure or other reasons can also restrict Warzone’s access to a resource vital for its operation which further results in an error code.
- Corrupt Installation of Game Files: You can also encounter the Diver error code if the installation of its files has gone corrupt.
What does Code Diver Mean in Warzone?
The Diver error code in Warzone appears primarily for players when a critical feature of the game fails to perform its activity and shuts down the entire session. This game-breaking bug does not let users access Warzone.
What is Diver Error Modern Warfare 2?
The Diver error code in Modern Warfare 2 comes up when there are technical issues preventing game players from completing downloads of new updates. These pending updates can be fixed with a simple game restart.
Now that you are aware of what is Diver error Modern Warfare 2, it is time to fix this error code as this game-interfering bug cannot be entertained for long periods of time. You can follow the below-listed tested and tried troubleshooting methods for resolving this recurring error prompt that is interfering with Warzone 2:
Method 1: Restart Game
To start with, restarting the game is a simple yet extremely simple method to fix the Diver error code. This is because this error may arise due to a temporary glitch or bug in the game. Performing a simple restart may fix this issue easily for you. To restart the game freshly, perform the steps below:
1. First, close Warzone on your PC or exit the game.
2. Then, launch Task Manager on your system to end all the processes.
3. Finally, launch the game to check if it is working fine.
To know more about how you can end all tasks in the Task Manager utility of your PC check our guide on How to End Task in Windows 10.
Method 2: Reset Router
If your router is not properly configured or if its firmware is corrupt, you might encounter Warzone 2 error code Diver. Therefore, to fix this issue, try resetting the router to factory default with the help of the steps given below:
Note: All the settings and setups including black-listed connections, forwarded ports, credentials, and more will be erased on performing a router reset.
1. Open router settings with the help of the default gateway IP address and Login using your credentials.
2. Now, note down the configuration settings.
3. Next, press and hold the reset button on the router for 10-30 seconds.
4. The router will turn off and turn back on automatically. When the lights begin to blink, release the button.
5. Now, re-enter the configuration details you noted earlier for the router on the webpage.
Method 3: Change Regional Server
To fix Warzone 2 error code Diver, you can also try selecting a different regional server of Warzone. This is to eliminate the possibility of a glitch in the regional server of Warzone. So, changing the regional server is the best bet which you can attempt with the help of the following steps:
1. First, open the Battle.net launcher and select COD Warzone in it.
2. Next, click on the globe icon and select a different region from the mini-menu.
3. Now, click on Play to launch the game and check if it working fine without the error code.
Method 4: Update Warzone 2
Warzone might also encounter the Diver error code if it is not updated to the latest build causing incompatibility with other OS modules. Therefore, to fix Modern Warfare 2 error code Diver in PC, update Warzone to the latest version with the help of the following steps:
1. Close Warzone 2 and end Warzone-related processes in the Task Manager with the help of Method 1 given above.
2. Now, launch Battle.net and select Warzone 2 in it.
3. Next, click on Options and select Check for Updates from the drop-down menu.
Wait for the update to get downloaded and launch the game to check if the Diver error has been fixed.
Method 5: Verify Integrity of Game Files
Next, verifying the integrity of game files is important to fix Warzone 2 error code Diver from your device. Doing so will reinstall any missing game features, the absence of which is affecting the game and leading to the Diver error code. You can check our dedicated guide on How to Verify Integrity of Game Files on Steam for more.
Method 6: Disable Antivirus Temporarily (If Applicable)
Your system’s security software like an antivirus application or firewall can hinder the operation of the game and block its access to essential online sources that result in the Diver error code. Therefore, to fix the error code Diver in PC, make sure to disable these security applications. You can read our exclusive guide on How to Disable Antivirus Temporarily on Windows 10 for more help on this method.
Also, give a quick read on our guide, How to Disable Windows 10 Firewall to play Warzone on your PC without any interruption.
Method 7: Delete Modern Warfare Contents
You can also encounter the Diver error code if the essential game files are corrupt or if certain game configuration files are corrupt. Therefore, to fix Modern Warfare 2 error code Diver in PC, delete Modern Warfare contents and resolve the error.
Note: Back up the files of Modern Warfare on your PC.
1. First, close or exit Warzone on your PC.
2. Now, hit the Windows + R keys together to open the Run dialog box.
3. Type documents and hit the Enter key.
4. Now, navigate to the Call of Duty Modern Warfare folder and right-click on it to Delete its contents.
5. Next, launch Warzone and check if it is operating fine.
6. Finally, paste the old files back into the Modern Warfare folder.
Also Read: How to Use SAE Killstreak in MW2
Method 8: Reinstall Warzone 2
Finally, if nothing works out for you, as a last resort try to uninstall and then reinstall Warzone on your PC to fix corrupt game installation files and further resolve the Diver error code. You can reinstall Warzone with the help of the steps given below:
1. Open the Settings app on your computer by pressing the Windows + I keys simultaneouly.
2. Now, click on the Apps setting.
3. Next, locate and click on Call of Duty Warzone from the apps list and select Uninstall.
4. Click on the Uninstall pop-up to confirm the process.
5. Now, reboot the PC.
6. Next, launch the Call of Duty Warzone’s official website.
7. Now, download the game on your PC and launch it to check if the Diver error code has been resolved.
Method 9: Contact Support Team
If none of the methods solve Warzone 2 error code Diver by visiting the Activision support page.
- How to Convert Private Channel to Public in Teams
- Can You Play Super Smash Bros on Xbox One?
- How to Enable Crossplay on Warzone
- Fix Warzone 2 Audio Issues on PC
Finally, with this, our guide on Warzone 2 error code Diver comes to an end. We hope that the methods explained above helped you out thoroughly in fixing the Diver error code. You can also share your queries or suggestions in the comments section below.