Available for the Xbox, PlayStation, and Windows, Call of Duty: Warzone is a multiplayer combat arena with at least 150 players. The advantageous part of this game is the support of cross-platform play between Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Black Ops, and Call of Duty: Vanguard. In this article, we will take a look at how to enable crossplay and add friends on Warzone.
How to Enable Crossplay on Warzone
Warzone is a part of the earlier released version of COD-Modern Warfare and is also connected to the Black Ops and Vanguard iterations of Call of Duty. Also, the user would not need to purchase all three titles to experience Warzone. In this article, you will be knowing the ways to enable crossplay on Call of Duty Warzone and how to add friends on Warzone crossplay.
Introduction to Cross-platform Play
With a self-evident meaning, the cross-platform play says all about the term itself. Cross-platform play or simply Crossplay are terms used in relation to online gaming when a game is compatible with multiple hardware integrations and players from these various device line-ups can play the game simultaneously without having to walk any further. To put it simply in layman’s terms, Crossplay is a featured concept where players can connect with each other and play the same game regardless of the variations in devices they use. Even on different operating systems, software, and hardware support, the game runs smoothly and is interactive. For example: If one player owns a PlayStation 5 and another player has an Xbox series X, they both can play the same game with each other on their respective devices, conditionally the game is supported by both devices.
Crossplay for Call of Duty: Warzone
Call of Duty: Warzone was released as a real-time strategy game compatible with devices like PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows PC. The most anticipated game of its time that still holds the height of its popularity, Warzone recently announced its launch for Android and iOS devices soon this year. Call of Duty: Warzone is a multiplayer game that integrates Crossplay. There are no less than ten million active players on COD: Warzone around the world, so cross-platform support is a significant component of the game’s popularity.
Also Read: What are the Best Free Cross Platform Games?
Steps to Enable Crossplay on Warzone
As Warzone supports Crossplay, a player can enable it to match up with other players on different hardware platforms as well. These are the following steps to enable Crossplay:
1. Launch the Warzone game on your device.
2. Click on the Options button on the home screen of the game and go to SETTINGS.
3. Move to the ACCOUNT & NETWORK menu and click on it.
4. Enable the Crossplay option.
How to Enable Crossplay on Xbox Devices
On Xbox devices, the user does not have access to enable or disable Crossplay from within a game. Directly within the Xbox settings, these changes are to be applied to all games that support Crossplay.
1. Press the Xbox guide button.
2. Swipe right to the Profile & system option.
3. Click on the Settings option from the menu.
4. From the list in the left pane, click on Account.
5. On the right, you will find a list of available options. Navigate to Privacy & online safety.
6. Enter your password.
7. Click on Xbox Privacy from the menu.
8. Hit View details & customize.
9. Now, click on Communication and multiplayer.
10. Move right to You can join cross-network play section.
11. Check if it is blocked. If Crossplay is disabled, this is the case.
12. To enable Crossplay, change it to Allow.
13. Close the game completely and re-enter the game for the settings to take effect.
How to Enable Crossplay on a PlayStation
These are the steps that you can use to enable crossplay on Warzone while playing Call of Duty on a PlayStation.
1. Launch the Warzone game on your PlayStation.
2. Hit the options button in the top-right corner.
3. Press R1 and keep pressing to navigate to the gear icon.
4. Click on the Gear icon to get to the settings menu.
5. Scroll down and click on Account & Network.
6. Turn on the toggle for the Crossplay option.
7. Enable Crossplay Communication as well.
Read the next section to know how to add friends on Warzone crossplay.
Also Read: Do You Need Xbox Live to Play Warzone?
How to Add Friends on Warzone
Friends can be added to the Call of Duty: Warzone by sending and accepting friend requests.
How to add friends on Warzone? One would need to look for one’s own Activision ID under the Rank at the top right corner of the multiplayer screen for the numbers, e.g., Username#1234567.
Note: If the user does not find the ID, he or she can hit the options button and scroll over to the accounts page and ensure Display unique ID is enabled.
Option I: Send Friend Request on Warzone
You will need an Activision ID of the other player to send him or her a friend request to add on Warzone. Ask them to send you the ID by taking a snapshot or by text.
1. To send a friend request, head over to the Social menu.
2. Click on the Add Friends option under the Friends tab.
3. The page opens in two tabs. Under the Add Friends tab, in the box type in your friend Activision ID and click on Done.
4. Once you are able to see the ID written in the box, click on the send icon.
The Friend request will be sent to your online friends or recently met players.
Option II: Accept Friend Request on Warzone
If you just sent your Activision ID to your friend, asking him/her to send you a friend request, you can accept that.
1. Head to the Social Menu.
2. Under the Friends tab of the Social menu, click on Friend Requests.
3. Tab to the Friend requests menu.
4. Accept the friend requests directly to have new friends added.
Option III: Send Request to Recent Players
There is one more option on Warzone to add friends to those who recently had a party, i.e., played the game. This is by sending a friend request to players you connected through the invite link in past matches.
1. Go to the Social Menu.
2. Tab over to the Recent Players menu.
3. The page will show all the players you have played with in recent times. Click on the name of the player.
4. Click on the Friend Request option to send them a friend request.
Option IV: Invite Friends for Crossplay Match
Now that you have your friends added, many users enquire about how to add friends on Warzone crossplay. To invite your friend for a party and crossplay a match:
1. Head to the Social Menu on the Call of Duty: Warzone. This would show your friends currently online and playing the game on the same platform as you are on. To add friends using other devices,
2. Tab and move to the Party menu.
3. Hit on the Quick Invite option.
4. From the Invite Players tab, select the friends you want to send the party Invitation to.
5. Send them the Invitation and ask them to join the party.
Hence, this is how to add friends on Warzone crossplay.
How to Disable Crossplay on Warzone
This has been widespread word of mouth that gamers who use a keyboard and mouse to play a game gain a better advantage of shortcuts and hit, shoot, kill, and move around the game smoother than the players that play on exclusive gaming consoles. Thus, these types of gamers usually choose to disable Crossplay on Call of Duty: Warzone and other cross-platform-enabled games. Disabling crossplay for a game or on a device brackets the reach of the players to the ones who use the same hardware integration as them. For players using a PC to play a game, there is no way to disable cross-platform gaming for them. But, gaming consoles allow users to disable it.
Option I: On PlayStation
1. Launch Call of Duty: Warzone.
2. In the upper right corner, hit the options button using the controller.
3. Navigate to the gear icon and click on it for Settings.
4. Scroll down to Account & Network.
5. Toggle the Crossplay option displayed at first and turn it off.
Option II: On Xbox
1. Click the gear icon and from the menu hit the General Settings option.
2. Click on Account.
3. On the right, you will find a list of available options. Navigate to Privacy & online safety.
4. Enter your password.
5. Click on Xbox Privacy from the menu.
6. Go to View details & customize.
7. Select Communication and multiplayer.
8. Move right to You can join cross-network play section and block it.
- How to Rejoin Fortnite Crew
- 12 Common Infinite Warfare Errors and Fixes
- Fix Warzone 2 Audio Issues on PC
- Fix Dev Error 6634 in Call of Duty Warzone
Crossplay games have been a popular genre in multiplayer gaming zones with millions of gamers playing and monetizing every single day. With Call of Duty: Warzone running across different hardware platforms, it has a wide audience reach, making it a cult classic among gamers. The game has 150 players dropping on the same map to struggle, shoot, and battle, creating a massive user base that enables it to impact every continent. We hope that this article could guide you on how to enable crossplay on Warzone. If you have any queries or suggestions, then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.