If you are a PS4 owner and now want to delete your PS4 in some marketplace or to family or friends, you may want to know how to initialize PS4 before selling it. Also, if you want to learn how to recover the PSN account after initialization, stay tuned till the end of this article. This article will provide you with more information regarding hard reset delete PS4 and resolving all your queries like does initializing PS4 delete PSN account and how to recover PSN account after initialization.
Does Initializing PS4 Delete PSN Account?
Read this article till the end to learn if the PSN account gets deleted after initializing your PS4 and the steps to rebuild the database and initialize your PS4 in a detailed manner using the pictures for a better understanding.
Restoring default settings on PS4 simply means if you restore default settings, it returns the PS4 system to its original factory defaults. Content on the console storage, such as games, apps, screenshots, videos, and saved data, won’t be deleted if the default settings are restored. During restoring default settings, a fresh database of all the material on the system is built after scanning the drive.
Sometimes, when you try to play games on your PS4 and an alert message like The database is corrupted pops up, it is possible that your PS4 hard drive is corrupted. And the methods to fix a corrupted PS4 hard drive are listed below.
Method 1: Clean Game CD
Simply eject your game disk and wipe it with a clean soft microfiber cloth. It will remove any dust or dirt from the disk, causing the corrupted error. After cleaning the disk, reinsert it back into your PS4.
You can follow the upcoming steps to rebuild your database using safe mode in PS4.
1. Press the Power button for 3 seconds to enter Safe Mode.
2. Then, press and hold the Power button until you hear the second beep. Now, PS4 starts in Safe Mode.
3. Use a USB cable to connect your DualShock 4 controller to the PS4 device and press the PS4 button on your DualShock 4 controller.
4. Press the X button from the controller.
5. Then, select the Rebuild Database option, as highlighted below.
6. Be patient until the process gets over and PS4 boots up.
7. Now, reconnect your PlayStation and check if you have fixed the corrupted PS4 hard drive issue.
You will have to read more to find out if initializing PS4 delete PSN account.
Below are the steps mentioned to initialize PS4.
Note: Don’t Power off your PS4 while the initialization process is going on. It’s crucial to keep in mind to backup all saved information before factory resetting your device. All of your data will be lost if you perform a factory reset on your PlayStation, forcing you to restart your games from scratch if you haven’t previously backed up your save data.
1. Select Settings from the main menu PS4.
2. Scroll all the way down and select the Initialization option.
3. Under the initialization menu, choose Initialize PS4.
4. Then, to perform a factory reset, you have to select the Full option, as shown below.
5. Now, select the Initialize option.
6. Lastly, select Yes to start the Initialization process on your PS4.
Note: It may take around 2 hours to factory reset your device.
Also Read: How Can You Change Your Email on PS4
Method 4: Reinstall Specific Game
If you think that you are facing a problem only while you play a specific game, chances are high that these game files are corrupted, and they are needed to be removed from your PS4 system. You can reinstall the game from the disc, your Library, or the PSN account. All your saved game data will be recovered, so, no need to worry. Keep reading to find out whether initializing a PS4 delete PSN account.
If your PS4 is experiencing severe problems with which you can no longer effectively enjoy gaming, you can factory reset the device to update the system. Here is a guide that will show you how to Factory reset a PS4 in a few simple steps.
Note: Don’t Power off your PS4 while the initialization process is going on.
1. Launch the PS4 Settings.
2. Then, select the Initialization > Initialize PS4 options.
3. Choose the Full option from the menu for performing a factory reset.
4. Then, select Initialize, as shown below.
5. Finally, select Yes. It will start your initialization process on your PS4 and it will take around 2 hours to factory reset your device.
Also Read: How to Deactivate Primary PS4 Console
Yes, a hard reset on your PS4 deletes all settings and data saved on the PS4 system. Make sure not to accidentally erase any vital data because this operation cannot be reversed. Once you hard reset your PS4, the content on the console storage, such as games, apps, screenshots, videos, and saved data will all be lost and cannot be recovered. So, now you know that initializing PS4 does not delete PSN account.
Yes, you should factory reset or initialize PS4 before selling it in any marketplace or giving it to any of your family and friends. All of your data, including your PlayStation account, connected social accounts, games, etc., will get erased. Your personal data will get into the wrong hands if you don’t initialize your PS4. It will be worth the extra hour of waiting if the PS4 might still have your personal information like your credit card details etc. Also, your PS4 will start up like a brand-new console after the procedure of initializing is finished.
Yes, initializing process on your PS4 is also a solution for corrupted data on your PS4. But all your data will be lost and cannot be recovered, so you have to be careful.
Yes, you will still have your PSN account if you initialize your PS4. If you have performed a quick initialization process on your PS4, none of your saved information will get deleted. But if you perform a full initialization process or a factory reset, your PSN account from your PS4 will certainly get deleted. But still, you can sign back into your PSN account from your PS4 using your registered email address and password to download all your purchased games.
No, you don’t lose all your games if you initialize your PS4. All your games and PS+ subscription are linked to your PSN account and not just to your PS4 console. After the initialization process, you have to log in to your PSN account on your PS4 console and download all your purchased games again on your PS4. If you remember your PSN account credentials then you can get back all your games easily. But you will have to start your games from the beginning because all your process and game data will be lost unless you have stored it on your PS+ cloud storage or other external storage devices.
Steps to Recover PSN account after initialization if your PS4 has just gone through the initialization process.
Note: To get all your purchased games and saved data back, you should have the account data saved on PS+ cloud storage.
1. Sign in to your PSN account on your PS4 and open your Settings on your PS4.
2. Scroll down and select the Application Saved Data Management.
3. Then, choose Saved Data in Online Storage.
4. Proceed to select the Download to System Storage option.
5. Now, select the desired files and Download them to your PS4 system storage.
Also Read: How to Unban PSN Account
After you initialize your PS4, the first thing you should do is to log in to your PSN account on your PS4 console and redownload all your purchased games. You can get all your games and data back as all your games and PS+ subscription are linked to your PSN account and not just to your PS4 console.
If your PS4 is freezing or skipping frames, this might be because:
- Corrupt files and folders in your PS4 system
- No free storage on your hard disk
- Faulty hard disk
Hard drive space can be cleared or formatted. Additionally, try initializing or factory resetting it, updating the software, and rebuilding the PS4 database, as mentioned above in this article in detail.
- How to Search for Username on TikTok
- Fix DS4 Windows Could Not Open in Windows 10
- How to Perform PSP Vita Hard Reset
- 10 Ways to Fix PS4 Keeps Turning Off
We hope that you learned about does initializing PS4 delete PSN account and hard reset delete PS4. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Let us know what you want to learn about next.