PS Vita or Sony PlayStation Vita is one of the best-selling portable gaming consoles in the gaming community. Users can play over 1300 games and stream PS4 and PS3 games via Remote Play. And PS Vita also offers a touch screen. Are you a PS Vita owner stuck with problems like PS Vita not turning on? Also, do you want to know how PSP Vita hard reset is done? Read this article till the end if you are someone looking for tips about the same. This helpful guide will teach you how to restore PS Vita system and reset a frozen PS Vita in step by step manner.
- How to Perform PSP Vita Hard Reset
- Why is Your PS Vita Not Turning On?
- How Do You Fix a Black Screen on a PS Vita?
- Why is Your PS Vita Flashing Green?
- Why is Your PS Vita Light Blinking Blue?
- How Do You Put Your PS Vita into Recovery Mode?
- What Happens If You Restore PS Vita System?
- How to Put PSP Vita in Safe Mode?
- Is There a Reset Button on PS Vita?
- How Do You Reset a Frozen PS Vita?
- How Do You Soft Reset a PS Vita?
- How to Hard Factory Reset Your PS Vita?
- How Do You Reset Your PSP to Factory Settings?
- How Do You Wipe Your PS Vita Before Selling It?
How to Perform PSP Vita Hard Reset
You can perform a hard reset from the Format menu settings on your PSP Vita. Keep reading further to find the steps explaining the same in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
There could be many reasons why your PS Vita not turning on. The most common ones include:
- Battery not charged or damaged
- System glitches
- A software bug or a tampering-related error appearing at random times
Battery not charged or is damaged or software bug or a tampering-related error cause a black screen on a PS Vita. Since you know the reasons for this issue, follow the below troubleshooting methods to resolve the issue:
Method 1: Inspect Battery
1. Make sure if the PS battery is working normally or not.
2. Plug the PS Vita into the charger and analyze whether the charging process is going smoothly.
Method 2: Perform Hard Reset
You can perform a hard reset on PS Vita from the Settings menu. Read and follow the below mentioned steps to do the same:
1. On your PS Vita, select Settings from the home menu.
2. Then, choose Format from the menu list.
3. Hit the Restore This System option from the menu.
4. Select Restore and then, Yes on the folllowing screen to confirm PSP Vita hard reset.
Note: You will also be asked if you want to format the memory card present on the PS Vita. If yes, then select Yes > Format from the following confirmation screens.
Now, wait for the PS Vita to reset the system. After the reset is successfully completed, you will encounter the Language selection screen.
Also Read: When is Sombra Coming to PS4?
The green flashing light on PS Vita indicates that your device is on standby mode and an application or feature supporting auto-start is switched on.
Blinking blue light on PS Vita indicates that the user is about to remove a disc or has recently inserted one. Also, this flashing blue light is also known as the Blue Light of Death which can be easily solved by restarting the PS Vita system.
To access recovery mode in your PS Vita, follow the steps given below:
Note: Make sure your PS Vita is powered off and not in standby mode.
1. Hold the power button for 2 secs and then select Power Off.
2. Press and hold R + PS + Power buttons simultaneously for 5 secs to open the Recovery menu. This will put your PS Vita into recovery mode.
3. From here, you will be able to perform any of the below listed functions.
Also Read: How to Hard and Soft Reset Roku
When you restore PS Vita system, all settings are restored to their default settings. All data from system storage and the internal memory card will also be deleted. This operation is like a factory reset for PS Vita.
Safe mode and Recovery mode in PS Vita are the same thing, and to access safe mode in your PS Vita, follow the steps given below:
Note: Make sure your PS Vita is powered off and not in standby mode.
1. Hold the power button for 2 secs.
2. Then, on the subsequent screen, choose Power Off.
3. Press and hold the R button + PS button + Power button for 5 secs on your PS Vita.
4. The Recovery menu will open up on your PS Vita screen with various options and it will put your PS Vita into safe mode.
No, there is no physical reset button on the PS Vita. Still, you can easily perform PSP Vita hard reset function by accessing the Recovery menu.
You can press and hold the Power button until PS Vita’s frozen screen turns black and hit the Power button again to restart it. But if your PS Vita keeps freezing again, you must enter Safe mode and restore the PS Vita system. Steps to reset a frozen PS Vita are listed below:
1. Press R + PS + Power buttons for 5 secs simultaneously to open the Recovery menu.
2. From the menu, choose Restart the PS Vita System.
3. Choose Yes to confirm and reset a frozen PS Vita.
A soft reset is like switching the PS Vita on immediately after powering it off. The easy steps to soft reset a PS Vita are :
1. Press the power button for around 5 sec until the screen turns black and the PS button stops glowing blue.
2. After a few secs, press the Power button to turn on the PS Vita.
You have to access Safe mode or Recovery mode. To perform a PSP vita hard reset, follow these simple steps:
1. Press the R button + PS button + Power button simultaneously for 5 seconds to open the Recovery screen.
2. Choose Restore the PS Vita System >Yes.
After a few secs, your PS Vita will restart automatically.
Also Read: How To Hard Reset Any Android Device
To reset your PSP to factory setting or perform a complete factory rest on PSP, follow these easy steps:
1. Open XMB main menu, which can be accessed by pressing the Home button on the PSP.
2. Select Setting > Format option.
3. Now, choose the Restore This System option.
4. Choose Restore.
5. Select Yes twice to confirm.
Also Read: How to Factory Reset Surface Pro 3
If you want to sell your PS Vita, then it is necessary to wipe your PS Vita so that there is personal data present on your device. Steps to prepare your PS Vita before selling it are given below:
Note: Check if your PS Vita has any game CD or memory card. If yes, remove them as they can be sold separately.
1. Press the Home button to open the XMB main menu.
2. Select Settings.
3. Choose the Format > Restore This System options.
4. Choose Restore > Yes to confirm.
5. Again, select Yes to continue.
With this, your PS Vita is ready to be sold, and you don’t have to worry about privacy issues.
- What Does In Progress Mean on Quadpay?
- How to Deactivate Suspended PlayStation Account
- How to Reset Windows 10 Without Losing Data
- Fix PS4 (PlayStation 4) Turning Off By Itself
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to understand how to perform PSP Vita hard reset when PS Vita not turning on and restore the PS Vita system. If you have any queries or suggestions, feel free to share them with us in the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.