At one time or the other, we have heard our parents tell us, and we have told our children too. Those words still ring in my ears: Study while others are sleeping, work while others are loafing, prepare while others are playing, and dream while others wish. But all work and no play make Jack a dull boy. It is therefore important to understand that games, like studies, are also essential in life for the complete development of the mind and the body. Gaming is a therapy that fosters creativity and is the only legal activity by which you can kill stupids. With advancements in technology, nowadays, everyone loves to wale of their spare time playing science fiction games on their electronic devices. To help foster this mindset that allows creativity to grow constructively, we list below some of the most sought-after spaceship-building games you will enjoy playing on your devices, like PCs, laptops, and mobile phones. Read till the end to know about some of best space games on PC.
- Best Spaceship Building Games on PC
- 1. Stellaris
- 2. Kerbal Space Program
- 3. FTL: Faster Than Light
- 4. Eve Online
- 5. No Man’s Sky
- 6. Outer Wilds
- 7. The Outer Worlds
- 8. Elite Dangerous
- 9. Distant Worlds: Universe
- 10. Star Wars: TIE Fighter Special Edition
- 11. Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
- 12. Surviving Mars
- 13. Endless Space 2
- 14. Mass Effect
- 15. Destiny 2
- 16. Observation
- 17. EverSpace
- 18. Starbound
- 19. Space Engineers
- 20. House of the Dying Sun
- 21. Homeworld Remastered Collection
- 22. Empyrion
- 23. Rebel Galaxy
- 24. X3: Terran Conflict
- 25. Eve Valkyrie (Shut Down)
Best Spaceship Building Games on PC
So, get your spacesuits on to drift into the infinite outer cosmic space, exposing yourself to the ruthless elements of the cosmic world. Take the help of the various available games on Windows PC listed below, explore strange planets, see weird animals in outer space, and get lost in the pleasures of gaming, enjoying your spare time to the fullest. Continue reading!
Stellaris is a turn-based and real-time strategical 4X game that exploits, explores, expands, and exterminates. This game developed by Paradox Development Studio involves building an empire based on overall economic and technological developments across the globe. It lets you play space-oriented games, creating almost any alien you can imagine. It is considered in the list of best spaceship building games due to an array of options it provides, as detailed below:
- It gives you the enjoyment of building wormhole stations and flying through a network of hyperplanes, across the galaxy, in plenty of exploding spaceships.
- It invents hyper-intelligent lizards that take the help of robots, whether they are fighting the enemy or tilling the land for farming.
- The game is regularly updated with different versions of games, keeping players glued to their mouse or game pad.
- It has its Stellaris guide that helps beginners, giving tips and making them learn the best tricks of the games to enjoy playing to their fullest.
- It is available on multiple platforms like Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Linux, Microsoft Windows, and the Macintosh operating systems at the cost of $39.99.
2. Kerbal Space Program
Kerbal Space Program, developed in the year 2015 by the team members of Developer Squad, is considered one of the most fun and best space games on PC due to the following reasons:
- It enables you to build ridiculous rockets and launch tiny green men into space.
- The game taxes your brains, making you properly apply the rules of physics which you have learned in your school and college days.
- It is available on multiple platforms, i.e., PC, Xbox One, PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, Microsoft Windows, Macintosh OS, Linux, Wii U, and many more.
- It provides the most satisfying achievements and experiences to those who carefully plan and pay attention to every minutest detail the game offers.
- Kerbel Space Program is not all about hard rocket science. It is a lot more about being an entertaining community-enriched sandbox game, which with the physics know-how, enables you to have fun and muck around with some cool rockets in outer space.
- On the whole, it is an entertaining community-enriched sandbox game that enables you to drift into the infinite outer cosmic space to have fun with some cool rockets in outer space.
- The game is available for $39.99.
Also Read: Fix An Error Occurred While Starting Roblox
3. FTL: Faster Than Light
Faster Than Light, abbreviated as FTL, is one of the best indie games ever made. Developed by a team of Subset Games in the year 2012, it is another gem in the list of the best spaceship-building games of 2022 due to the following reasons:
- It is an interesting journey of a spaceship that drives you through different randomly generated enemy space sectors.
- It simulates real life, using the permadeath feature wherein a character cannot reappear after being killed, similar to a dead soldier on a battlefield, but the game continues as usual.
- It enables you to build your battleship team from the many choices available between the eight different species depending on the strengths and weaknesses of the species.
- It enables you to acquire the most intricate and highest quality future technology for self-use.
- It enables you to guide your crew as teleporters and fills enemy battleships with your soldiers.
- Though this game began its journey as a kick starter, it slowly and steadily gained popularity. It became one of the most wanted games to be ranked amongst best spaceship building games on PC, available to play on Android and iOS systems.
- You get access to the fanciest future technology of weird and wonderful weapons and tools.
- It also provides a kick and adrenaline build-up while playing and facing challenges of new worlds and races, flying in different types of spaceships, and facing sudden random and violent space encounters.
- You can buy this game for $9.99.
4. Eve Online
Eve Online is unquestionably one of the best spaceship building games on PC and one of the most interesting games developed by CCP Games in 2003. The game enjoys its popularity due to the mechanics that govern and guide the player’s response to its various aspects detailed below:
- It enables the players to form alliances and allows thousands of players to play the game online simultaneously.
- In this game, the whole economy is governed by the players’ actions. Each player has their own goals, perspectives, and interests.
- Its player community takes the help of the user interface and available graphics to weave great stories while playing the games, which also act as a bit of advice, besides making the games more fun to play.
- The game keeps its players embroiled in new legacies by regularly updating itself with new features and an extensive supply chain of miners, traders, researchers, and manufacturers, thereby building new stories and keeping the players’ interests alive.
- On the whole, Eve Online is a preeminent space game, having a following of half a million plus players on the mega-server.
Also Read: Fix Forza Horizon 3 Not Starting Issue
5. No Man’s Sky
No Man’s Sky is another game on the list of the many spaceship building games developed by Hello Games, with a lot on offer regarding space exploration. Its desire to explore the unknown makes it a very interesting game with the following options to its credit:
- It offers vast interstellar space to explore over 18 quintillion planets in its infinite galaxies.
- It enables VR compatibility, i.e., Virtual Reality, delivering some of the best and most immersive graphic experiences in PC gaming.
- It also encourages physics-based simulations with more than 30 hours of stories showing swirling snow due to strong air currents, large fires engulfing environments, and much more.
- Ultrawide has a customizable Field of View (FoV) option, customizing the appearance to make the desktop look better, enabling more playing field than on a standard screen.
- It also enables multiplayer gaming wherein up to 32 players can join a single server playing space-faring adventures with their family and friends.
- It is available for $59.99 and is compatible with platforms like PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PS4, PS5, and more. It is expected to be on Nintendo Switch by 7 October 2022.
- This game had a bumpy ride since its launch in 2016, but the desire to explore the unknown forms an excellent attraction for its enthusiasts. With its best space simulations, it has become one of the greatest comeback stories of recent times.
6. Outer Wilds
Developed by Möbius Digital, the Outer Wilds game should not be confused with another similar-sounding game named The Outer Worlds. It is considered one of the best spaceship building games on PC due to the following options it has on display for its users:
- As a first-time astronaut, it enables you to unravel distinct planets and galaxies in outer space.
- It allows you to enjoy the endless secrets of space where you see planets orbit around the sun and comets follow predetermined paths in real time.
- You become an astronaut anthropologist exploring ruins across your solar system, finding other spacefarers and mysterious alien races like the Nomai, and a lot more.
- It is compatible with multiple platforms like PC, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and others and is available for ₹1,997.
- It is an awesome space game with endless secrets to discover and keep you looped in until you have inserted every piece of the puzzle in its right place, to where it belongs.
7. The Outer Worlds
The Outer Worlds game came into existence in the year 2019, developed by a team of the Obsidian Entertainment group. Though its name sounds quite similar to the above Outer Wild game, it takes you on a different trajectory into outer space. It gives you the best value for your time and is considered in the list of best spaceship building games due to the following reasons:
- It is another space adventure game that offers a very colorful user interface.
- It is a comedic action RPG, i.e., a role-playing game that offers Fallout-style action reminding you of the Cold War era of the post-World War II United States of America.
- It enables you to solve the mystery of the space offering the best value for the spare time at hand.
- It is a clever space detective game that allows you to play using fanciful and colorful characters.
- Its biggest disadvantage is its Corporation style of functioning as it becomes time-consuming following rigid formalities and protocols of that system.
- On the whole, if we overlook this drawback, Outer World is undoubtedly the true stellar stuff that will hop around the solar system, choose dialogues, shoot up aliens and do anything and everything that suits your fantasy.
- It is available on PC, Xbox One, PS4, PS5, and Nintendo Switch at the cost of ₹2,990.
8. Elite Dangerous
Elite Dangerous game from the Elite series, evolved by Frontier Developments, is a massive playground of galaxies. It has been in existence for the last 30 years, in either the alpha or beta form. It is considered in the list of best spaceship building games on PC due to the following reasons detailed as below:
- It is a hermetically-sealed escape capsule that sells the fantasy of space travel to all people across the globe.
- It uses space anomalies and gargantuan suns to make the game exciting and mind-boggling for its users.
- It boots up the engine and offers mods to make a living via trading, smuggling, mining, hunting, exploring, or dog-fighting.
- It makes use of multiple sounds, launch pads, and Artificial Intelligence to propel you into space to fight your inter-stellar wars in the most engaging ways.
- It also has a guide that enables newcomers to learn about the game and play it to their best advantage.
- This space game enables credits and free updates besides enjoying compatibility with multiple platforms like PC, Xbox One, PS4, and many more.
- In totality, it’s a multi-faceted game that uses the whole galaxy as its playground.
- The game can be bought for $29.99.
9. Distant Worlds: Universe
As the name suggests, Distant Worlds: Universe is another 4X game that takes you into the distant world of stars and galaxies. It is an exploration game liked by all people of different age groups due to the following merits it has on display, as detailed below:
- It enables you to have fun with various subjects, from military matters to colonization, and keep a keen eye on your bank account.
- It also can be played as a trade game wherein one vessel spends the whole time searching for good deals and diplomatic opportunities.
- This mind-boggling 4X space game is a DLC (Downloadable Content) in one package that caters to the needs of all, whether it be the traders busy doing their businesses or the aggressive pirates robbing ships and much more.
- It enables you to break the game into small manageable chunks so that you enjoy a startling and fanciful space exploration.
- Its extremely competent AI allows you to curate the game so that you become a part of such a massive empire that not only sounds daunting but also enables you to make the best use of its unparalleled automation system.
- It permits you to become a plain and simple spaceship captain, creating your galaxies, seeing empires rise and fall, transforming tourist traps into war zones besides mastering everything while watching the universe evolve.
- It is compatible with PC and available at the cost of ₹2,526.99.
10. Star Wars: TIE Fighter Special Edition
Star Wars: TIE Fighter Special Edition game was developed in the year 2006 by Petroglyph, a studio of Westwood Veterans. This real-time strategy game is considered in the list of best spaceship building games on PC due to its following merits:
- This is an excellent space flight simulator that lets players explore outer space with the help of its well-streamlined user interface to their heart’s content.
- It enables the player to take up the role of the domineering star-fighter pilot during space combats.
- You can use laser cannons and ion cannons that serve as short-range weapons in addition to missiles or torpedoes for additional range and firepower.
- Besides space wars, it also undertakes other works like escorting other craft, inspecting damaged spaceships, and undertaking quick repairs so that you can continue your combats for an ultimate win over your enemy.
- It enables you to take the help of a beginner’s guide if you are first-hand at the game.
- It uses VR support combined with modern-day graphics to make the space wars and dog-fights more intriguing and intensely involving.
- All-in-all, it is an excellent game that keeps your brain churning and has also been named the best Fantasy Simulation winning umpteen awards in various categories from multiple publications like IGN, PC Games, Strategy Plus, and so on.
- You can buy the game for $9.99, which is compatible with Windows, Linux, and Mac devices.
11. Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
Developed by Ironclad Games in 2008, Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion is another real-time strategy game of galactic conquests mixing all the 4X elements: exploit, explore, expand and exterminate. This orbital laser light show is ranked in the list of best spaceship building games due to its following exploits:
- It intricately uses the restrictive lanes philosophy in war combats, forcing fleets to travel down predetermined paths where they can be made sitting ducks of their powerful Titan-class combat battleships.
- It uses its other war armories like a host of support vessels, carriers, tiny fighters, and bombers surrounding worlds and enemy fleets to carry out its annexure plans.
- It chokes these restrictive lanes blocking exits, ensuring the trapping of enemy fleets and battleships like babes in the woods.
- It makes use of the latest mods and RTS, i.e., real-time strategies, rather than the TBS, i.e., turn-based strategy, enabling you to play out your Star Wars or Battlestar Galactica fantasies.
- It also goes into the minute details of mapping and research of enemy capabilities and systems like frigates, corvettes, cruisers, capital ships, etc.
- The PC game is available for $39.99.
12. Surviving Mars
Surviving Mars was developed by Haemimont Games in the year 2018, and as the name suggests, this game depicts the will to inhabit a new planet. The entire humanity heads to Mars. It is considered to be another game in the list of best spaceship building games on PC due to the following challenges it depicts:
- It is a game that depicts that the planet Earth no longer remains a place worth inhabiting after a catastrophically destructive disaster.
- The entire earthlings shift to Mars with you in the driver’s seat as their leader, guiding them to start afresh and build a new colony there.
- It is pertinent and of paramount importance that you have to ensure an inexhaustive supply of oxygen as their chief in settling the people. It could otherwise be disastrous and be the death knell for the entire human race.
- It must be ensured that you have the power to keep everything within control and well monitored, which, if left unchecked, could become catastrophic for every citizen on this otherwise ruthless planet.
- This game is available on Windows, Linux, macOS, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 for £35/$40.
- In a nutshell, this is one of the most interesting and challenging games that call for all your strength, skills, and experience in totally alien, adverse, and unknown conditions.
Also Read: Fix Star Citizen Crashing in Windows 10
13. Endless Space 2
Developed by Amplitude Studios in the year 2017, Endless Space 2 is another stylish game that is considered in this list of the best games due to the following reasons:
- It is a strategically designed game blended with a beautiful presentation of galactic conquests in outer space.
- It enables you to explore the mysterious star systems in the backdrop of a sci-fi universe where you can enjoy each battle with a well-implemented 3D spectator system.
- Its excellent soundtrack and dramatic cinematography are a phenomenal artwork of shipbuilding and combat systems.
- This science fiction leaves nothing to the imagination and enables the use of its tutorial pop-ups, shorthand, and symbols at a very nominal cost of just $39.99.
- Despite its launch in 2017, this game is still going strong even today, to be reckoned in the list of best spaceship building games on PC.
14. Mass Effect
Another generic masterpiece developed by Bioware in 2010, Mass Effect is a neat bundle of fizzing and swooshing spaceships that provides the ultimate experience to space explorers and is one of the best games due to the following reasons:
- It is a compelling narrative of a suicide mission, wherein you pilot a spaceship as the boss/captain on board the spaceship on a classic cosmos voyage.
- It enables you to go on a memorable mission to explore the galaxy comprising vast cosmic islands of stars, gas, dust, and other dark matter held together in outer space.
- It enables you to jump across bizarre planets, taking you on alien-seducing space adventures, combating weird aliens, and having lots of fun.
- This favorite gaming adventure is available on multiple platforms like PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PlayStation PS3 and PS4 for $24.60.
15. Destiny 2
Developed by Bungie in the year 2017, it is another favorite on the list of best spaceship building games on PC due to the following features to its credit:
- Destiny 2 is an interesting mix of big fights, tough raids, tons of loot, and a host of special effects giving sci-fi fans an adrenaline kick to go on and on in pursuit of fun.
- It takes you to some of the prettiest alien landscapes on PC, doing multiple tasks simultaneously across various planets so that you can loot and shoot to your heart’s content.
- This free-to-play, multiplayer game is available to play on multiple devices like your computer, mobile phone, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, PS5, and even on your big TV screen using the right input device.
Also Read: Fix Sea of Thieves Not Downloading Error
This game developed in the year 2019 by No Code is one of the most intriguing games considered in this list due to the following reasons:
- Observation is an interesting game with a host of unique puzzles to solve.
- In this adventure game, you help the hero of the game, Dr. Emma Fisher, to get the spaceship, whose systems have malfunctioned and have broken away from its Earth orbit.
- You need to get the spaceship back on course with the help of AI using CCTV cameras, freely-controlled drones, and other environmental clues available en route.
- This interesting sci-fi thriller keeps you on your toes and is available to enjoy on multiple platforms like PC, PS4, and Xbox One for $24.99.
This game, developed in 2017 by Rockfish Games, is another space combat game considered in the list of best spaceship building games on PC due to the following reasons:
- EverSpace enables you to control your spaceship in your mission to fight against your enemies during your cosmic travel.
- It enables you to make use of several state-of-the-art arms and ammunition during play to overcome your adversaries.
- It uses NPC, i.e., a non-player character, not controlled by a player, to give you tasks that you complete and earn awards to help you venture furthermore boldly into outer space.
- It is available on multiple platforms like Windows, Linux, PlayStation 4, macOS, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One for £27,99.
Starbound is another gem among the best space games developed by Chucklefish games in the year 2013 and is considered in this list due to the following reasons:
- It enables you to hop onto millions of planets in outer space with a mission to explore them, keeping in mind the idea of inhabitation.
- It enables them to explore these planets regarding their suitability for farming and planting crops for food and money, besides other activities like mining, hunting, etc., to help trade flourish and sustain life and growth.
- It enables the use of multiple weapons like swords, axes, guns, bows and arrows, bombs, rocket launchers, and special power weapons like the two-handed broadsword for their safety and security.
- This game, full of quests and missions, is available to play on Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs besides other platforms like PS4 and Xbox One for $13.99.
19. Space Engineers
This is another game in the list of the best space building games was developed by Keen Software House in the year 2013 due to the following reasons given below:
- As the name Space Engineers suggests, it enables the engineer an extensive set of tools to help make a world full of resources for the sustainability of life in space.
- It enables you to explore outer space using maps and gravity generators to walk safely on the surface of a bigger asteroid in outer space.
- This game comprising several research ventures and probes is available to play on multiple platforms like Windows and Xbox One for £16,99.
Also Read: Fix Halo Infinite Keeps Crashing on Startup
20. House of the Dying Sun
Initially called by the name Enemy Star-fighter, House of the Dying Sun is one of the best space games on PC. This action illustration was released on 2 November 2016 by Marauder Interactive and is currently a single-player game. Below, you can find a few features provided by this game:
- This game follows a plot wherein the player has to chase his dying empire’s foes, upgrading his warships by stacking new weapons and enhancing his abilities.
- Requiring minimum storage of 2 GB in the system, this game comes with additional VR support, which helps to provide a completely different experience to all its players.
- This supports Windows systems and can be easily purchased from different platforms for $19.99. One such platform is the Steam platform.
- Even though this is one of best space games on PC and has a positive response, some users still consider the duration of this game, which could be something that could be worked.
21. Homeworld Remastered Collection
Developed by Gearbox Software, Homeworld Remastered Collection is a game released on 25 February 2015 and is considered one of the best spaceship games on PC for the following features:
- This app has high graphic effects and supports HD, UHD, and 4K resolutions, in addition to new audio settings with the old songs in the mix.
- The game allows players to build more than 100 spaceships and battle with them.
- HRC comes with a feature wherein players can not only control the fleet of ships but can also build an armada amongst a minimum of 30 single-player missions.
- This game also has free access to games like Homeworld Classic and Homeworld Classic 2.
- This game is available on Steam to purchase for $34.99.
Also Read: Fix Error Code Beaver in Destiny
Eleon game studios published Empyrion, which is an open sandbox adventurous game. This game comes with an additional concept wherein the players end up landing on a planet where they have to survive in unfavorable conditions.
- The player has to adapt to the environment of the new setting he is pushed into and finish the game.
- In addition to this, the games with 3D benefits, where the player has to build some strong ships and enormously vast space stations to exploit all sets of different planets and unravel the mysteries of Empyrion.
- A minimum of 10 GB of storage is recommended to play this game, and a dual processor of 2.5 GHz is usually suggested. The OS is expected to be at least Windows 7, 8, or 10, which is of type 64-bit.
- The game is available for £16,99 on Steam.
23. Rebel Galaxy
Initially released in the year 2015, Rebel Galaxy is a single-player combat game that came live on websites like Steam and GOG.com. This game comes with a concept where the player becomes part of a space combat setup and has to combat the ships in a random universe.
- The ships of the players will always remain in a 2-D setup, whereas all the non-player ships and fighter planes can have a 3-D setup which helps to give a real feel to all the gamers.
- This game is compatible with Windows and OS X (i.e., Mac), Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 and available for $19.99.
- A prequel of the game has also been launched recently by the name: Rebel Galaxy Prequel seeing the reception of Rebel galaxy.
24. X3: Terran Conflict
Based on X3: Reunion, X3: Terran Conflict is another game that can be considered the best spaceship building game. Released in 2008 by the German developer Egosoft, it was first released for the European market and is currently available on Steam.
- This single-player game is a space-based simulator that allows the player to explore a continuously changing environment.
- The player can also acquire multiple assets like stations, ships, and much more.
- In this game, the player can pilot all the ships owned manually, or the player is privileged to give orders to each ship to perform tasks.
- This is a very well-accepted game available at $15.99. It is worth giving this game a try.
- The game is compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
25. Eve Valkyrie (Shut Down)
Eve Valkyrie was developed by Owen O’Brien in the year 2016 by Eve creators CCP Games team. It is another interesting game due to its many classic features that engross the player. It is considered one of best spaceship building games due to its following notable features, as detailed below:
- It enables the player to take up the role of a pilot of his space shuttle to embark on a voyage of outer space.
- This spaceship building game enables you to travel through outer space, sitting in the pretty cockpit of your spaceship in pursuit of the unknown.
- It simulates dog fights with warring sounds like the intensifying gunshot sounds of firearms spewing fire, the muffled roar of spacecraft making surveillance sorties in their airspace, etc., syncing with action on screen.
- In addition to sound effects, it also touches upon art and animations wherein you see spacecraft hurtling through space at break-neck speeds shooting down or chasing away the enemy space shuttles that violate your airspace, and so on.
- This is one of the best VR, i.e., virtual reality games and a space flight simulator that incorporates many mighty and famous space battles.
- The game is worth the amount ($29.99) since you get glued to your PC, mobile phone, or tablet screen without even blinking an eyelid.
Note: Unfortunately, as on August 5th 2022, EVE: Valkyrie’s servers were turned off, social media profiles were closed, and website went offline.
- Fix Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SIM Card Error
- Fix Fate Grand Order Error 43 on Android
- 32 Best Games Like Legend of Zelda for Android
- 30 Best Fallout 3 Mods for Enhanced Gameplay
We hope this article on best spaceship building games was helpful. If you have any queries or suggestions, please drop them in the comments section below.