Halo Infinite is one of the best first-person shooter games published by Xbox Game Studios. Unlike other installations of the series, you can enjoy the multiplayer version of this game for free. Although the internet world celebrates its release, few users have reported the crashing issues of the game on PC. If you are also facing Halo Infinite keeps crashing PC issue, this guide helps you a lot to fix the problem. So, continue reading!
- How to Fix Halo Infinite Keeps Crashing on Startup in Windows 10
- Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
- Method 2: Run Halo Infinite as Administrator
- Method 3: Change Game Priority
- Method 4: Set High Performance
- Method 5: Update Steam & Halo Infinite Game
- Method 6: Disable Full-Screen Optimizations
- Method 7: Disable In-Game Overlay
- Method 8: Check DLC Files
- Method 9: Verify Integrity of Game Files
- Method 10: Update DirectX
- Method 11: Repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
- Method 12: Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++
How to Fix Halo Infinite Keeps Crashing on Startup in Windows 10
If you are vexed by Halo Infinite keeps crashing on startup in your Windows 10 computer, here are a few possible reasons why you must analyze them carefully to sort out the problem.
- PC does not meet the basic requirements of the game.
- Some other background program is interfering with the game.
- You are using an unverified version of drivers.
- The graphics settings of the game are misconfigured and the DLL files of the Steam client are corrupt.
- Presence of malware and viruses.
- The .NET framework and operating system are not updated to their latest version.
- The DirectX version is not up-to-date.
- Any misconfigured or corrupt installation files of the game also causes the problem.
- The Microsoft C++ redistributable files are not compatible with the game and PC.
Here are a few possible troubleshooting methods that will help you fix Halo Infinite crashing issue. Follow them as demonstrated in the same order and if you are lucky, you may attain a solution for your problem within the first few steps itself!
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
Before going through the advanced troubleshooting methods, follow these basic methods to fix the issue.
1A. Restart PC
The general trick to resolve all the temporary glitches associated with Halo Infinite is to restart your computer. You can restart your PC by following the steps.
1. Navigate to the Windows Power User menu by pressing the Windows and X keys simultaneously.
2. Select Shut down or sign out.
3. Finally, click on Restart.
Once you have restarted your game, check if you can access the game without any errors.
1B. Check Game Requirements
If you are facing Halo Infinite crashing issue on start-up, you have to check the basic requirements of the game and ensure that your PC satisfies them.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system.
- OS: Windows 10 RS5 x64
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 or Intel i5-4440
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: AMD RX 570 or Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti
- DirectX: Version 12
- Storage: 50 GB available space
1C. Ensure Proper Network Connection
Unstable internet connection leads to Halo Infinite to crash, also if there are any obstacles between your router and your computer, they may interfere with the wireless signal and will cause intermittent connection problems. You can run a Speed test to know the optimum level of network speed required for the proper connection.
Ensure that your device satisfies the below criteria.
- Find the Signal strength of your network and if it is very low, clear all the obstructions in between the way.
- Avoid too many devices connected to the same network.
- Always buy a modem/router verified by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and they are free of conflicts.
- Do not use old, broken, or damaged cables. Replace the cables if necessary.
- Make sure the wires from the modem to the router and the modem to the wall are stable and out of disturbance.
If there are any internet connectivity issues, check our guide How to Troubleshoot Network Connectivity Problems on Windows 10 to troubleshoot the same.
1D. Stop Overclocking
Follow these points to stop overclocking.
- Every high-end computer is built with the option of Overclocking which helps in outputting more juice than your specifications that you already have. Running the graphics card or processor faster than the default speed refers to overclocking.
- When this happens, your computer will reach the maximum temperature after a particular time. The computer detects this and adjusts the clock speed to the normal speed until it is cooled down. The clock speed is increased again after they cool down.
- This increases the performance of your computer and is a great help if you don’t have a powerful computer.
- It must be noted that all the games do not support overclocking. The same applies to Halo Infinite. So, you must try disabling all overclocking on your computer and try launching the game. If it launches well, the issue is fixed.
1E. Exit Unwanted Background Apps
Several background processes running on your PC may interfere with Halo Infinite processes. These programs may contribute to the Halo Infinite keeps crashing PC issue. Follow our guide How to End Task in Windows 10 to exit from all background processes.
1F. Update Windows
You can also eradicate bugs in your computer and game by updating your Operating System. Always ensure if you have updated your Windows Operating System and if any updates are pending in action, use our guide How to Download and Install Windows 10 Latest Update
After updating your Windows Operating System, check whether you can connect to your Halo Infinite game server without any errors.
1G. Update Graphics Drivers
Halo Infinite is a graphically intensive game. Your graphics driver is essentially important for your gaming experience. If the drivers are outdated or faulty, make sure you update them. You can search for the newest releases of drivers from its official websites or you can update them manually. Follow our guide 4 Ways to Update Graphics Drivers in Windows 10 to update your driver and check if you have fixed Halo Infinite crashing issues or not.
1H. Roll Back GPU Driver Updates
Sometimes, the current version of GPU drivers may cause Halo Infinite game to crash and, in this case, you have to restore previous versions of installed drivers. This process is called Roll Back of drivers and you can easily roll back your computer drivers to their previous state by following our guide How to Rollback Drivers on Windows 10.
1I. Reinstall Graphics Drivers
If you still face Halo Infinite crashing issue after updating your Graphical drivers, then reinstall device drivers to fix any incompatibility issues. There are several ways to reinstall drivers on your computer. Yet, you can easily reinstall Graphical drivers as instructed in our guide How to Uninstall and Reinstall Drivers on Windows 10.
After reinstalling GPU drivers, check if you can access Halo Infinite without any errors.
1J. Temporarily Disable Antivirus (If Applicable)
Some incompatible antivirus programs installed on your computer will cause Halo Infinite to crash. To avoid conflicts, you must ensure the security settings of your Windows 10 computer and check if they are stable or not. To find whether the antivirus suite is the reason for Halo Infinite crashing issue, disable it once and try connecting to a network. Read our guide on How to Disable Antivirus Temporarily on Windows 10 and follow the instructions to disable your Antivirus program temporarily on your PC.
If you have a fix for your problem after disabling the antivirus program on your computer, you are advised to uninstall the program completely from your PC. Read our guide Force Uninstall Programs which won’t Uninstall in Windows 10 to uninstall your antivirus program on your computer.
1K. Disable Windows Firewall (Not Recommended)
At times, Windows Defender Firewall on your computer may prevent the game from being opened due to some security reasons. In this case, Halo Infinite may not open due to Windows Defender Firewall. If you don’t know how to disable the Windows Defender Firewall, go through our guide How to Disable Windows 10 Firewall, and follow the instructions that are given.
You can follow this guide Allow or Block Apps through the Windows Firewall to allow the app.
Make sure to enable the Firewall suite again after fixing Halo Infinite keeps crashing PC problem as a computer without a firewall program is a threat.
1L. Run Malware Scan
The presence of a virus or malware attack will result in gaming problems on your computer. If in case, the virus attack is very severe, you cannot connect to any online game continuously at all. To resolve the problem, you have to remove the virus or malware completely from your Windows 10 computer. You are advised to scan your computer as instructed in our guide How do I Run a Virus Scan on my Computer?
Also, if you want to remove malware from your computer, check our guide How to Remove Malware from your PC in Windows 10. Once you have removed all the viruses from your computer, connect to your game and check if you face Halo Infinite crashing issue again.
1M. Extend System Partition
You will not be able to launch the Halo Infinite game on your computer if there is insufficient space in the system partition. There are many ways to increase the memory space in your computer, but this might not be helpful in every situation. You have to extend the system reserved partition for fixing Halo infinite keeps crashing PC issue. There are many third-party tools to extend the system reserved partition but, it is preferable to do it manually. Follow the steps given in this article How to Extend System Drive Partition (C:) in Windows 10.
Method 2: Run Halo Infinite as Administrator
Certain permissions and features can only be accessed if you have granted admin rights to the Halo Infinite game. In this scenario, you can fix the discussed issue by following the below-listed instructions.
1. Right-click on Halo Infinite shortcut on the Desktop.
Note: You can also navigate to the installation directory and right-click on it.
2. Now, select Properties option.
3. Then, switch to Compatibility tab and check the box Run this program as an administrator.
4. Finally, click on Apply > OK to save the changes.
Method 3: Change Game Priority
The preference of an application or process tells the computer the importance and if it should be given preference over the others while allocating the resources. The priority of every application is normal except the system processes, by default. Halo Infinite might crash if it didn’t get enough resources.
1. Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together to open Task Manager.
2. Now, search for Halo Infinite process.
3. Right-click on Halo Infinite Process, then set the priority to High Priority.
Note: Change the priority with great caution as changing the priority of the process carelessly could make your system extremely slow or unstable.
4. Close the Task Manager and check whether Halo Infinite on Windows 10 issue is solved.
Method 4: Set High Performance
You can also optimize your game when setting your high-performance power plan settings. These power plans are developed to manage the power settings on portable settings. Follow the below-mentioned instructions to use high-performance power plan settings in your system.
1. Press the Windows + I keys together to open Windows Settings.
2. Now, click on System setting.
3. Now, select the Power & sleep option and click on Additional power settings under Related settings.
4. Now, choose the High performance option under High additional plans as shown in the below picture.
Now you have optimized your system, check if you have fixed Halo Infinite keeps crashing on startup issue.
Also Read: Fix Steam Content File Locked Error
Method 5: Update Steam & Halo Infinite Game
If you use an outdated Steam application, you cannot access any games smoothly. Hence, always make sure you use an updated version of Steam and Halo Infinite game before launching it.
1. Hit the Windows key and type Steam. Then, click on Open.
2. Now, click on Steam in the top left corner followed by Check for Steam Client Updates… as highlighted below.
3. If you have any new updates to be downloaded, install them and ensure your Steam client is up-to-date.
4. Now, relaunch Steam and check if the issue is solved now.
Likewise, it is always essential that your game run at its latest version to avoid any conflicts. Until your game is updated, you cannot log in to Halo Infinite servers successfully. To update your game, follow the below-mentioned steps.
1. Launch Steam and navigate to LIBRARY.
2. Now, click on HOME and search for Halo Infinite.
3. Then, right-click on the game and select the Properties… option.
4. Now, switch to UPDATES tab and check if any updates are pending in action. If so, follow the on-screen instructions to download the latest updates.
Method 6: Disable Full-Screen Optimizations
Few users have suggested that disabling full-screen optimizations on PC has helped them fix Halo Infinite keeps crashing PC issue. Follow as instructed.
1. Launch Steam app and click on LIBRARY menu.
2. Now, right-click on Halo Infinite game and click on Properties.
3. Now, switch to GENERAL tab and click on SET LAUNCH OPTIONS… as depicted.
4. Now, a new window will be opened. To open the game in windowed mode, type the –windowed parameter.
5. Now, save the changes by clicking OK and exit from the Properties window.
6. Now, relaunch the game.
Note: Ensure that it runs in windowed mode. Else, navigate to SET LAUNCH OPTIONS… again and type the following parameters instead of the last parameter.
–windowed -w 1024
Method 7: Disable In-Game Overlay
The Steam Overlay is a piece of Steam that allows the users to access friends list, and web browser and allows in-game purchasing. It is a significant tool, yet it sometimes triggers Halo Infinite keeps crashing on startup issues. If you want to solve this problem, then turn off the Steam game overlay.
1. Open the Steam app and go to LIBRARY menu.
2. Now, right-click on Halo Infinite and click on Properties...
3. Now, switch to the GENERAL tab and uncheck the box containing Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
4. Finally, relaunch the game and check if the Halo Infinite launching issue is solved.
Method 8: Check DLC Files
Halo Infinite comes with a lot of DLCs files yet many of them do not work well in the beta version of Steam. Some users have suggested that disabling a few specific DLC files like Multiplayer High-Res Textures. Follow these instructions to toggle off this setting on your Windows 10 PC.
1. Launch the Steam app and navigate to LIBRARY menu.
2. Now, right-click on Halo Infinite game and click on Properties…
3. Now, go to the left pane and click on DLC. Then, uncheck the box next to Multiplayer High-Res Textures.
4. Finally, relaunch your game.
Also Read: Fix Error Code 118 Steam in Windows 10
Method 9: Verify Integrity of Game Files
We have seen many cases in which the game files are either missing or corrupt or it had incomplete installations. Users could also experience Halo Infinite keeps crashing PC issue if they are interrupted by the update process or if the game files are being moved. In this method, you will be opening Steam and using the built-in function for verifying the integrity of the game. It will be replaced if the application finds something. Follow our guide on how to verify integrity of game files on Steam.
Note: You should perform similar steps if you are using different publishing software.
Method 10: Update DirectX
To enjoy a seamless multimedia experience on Halo Infinite, you have to make sure whether DirectX is installed, and it is updated to its latest version. DirectX helps you improve the visual media experience for graphical games and applications especially. It is worth updating DirectX needed for this game as follows:
1. Hit the Windows + R keys simultaneously to launch the Run dialog box.
2. Type dxdiag and press the Enter key to open DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
3. Check the DirectX Version, if it contains DirectX 12 or not.
4. If you do not have DirectX 12 in your system, download and install it from the DirectX download page by following the on-screen instructions.
After installing DirectX, check if Halo Infinite keeps crashing PC issue occurs again.
Note: Ensure Check for WHQL digital signatures box is checked in System tab and in all tabs, check that WHQL Logo’d is set to Yes.
Method 11: Repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
Alternately, you can try to repair the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages to fix Halo infinite keeps crashing on startup as follows:
1. Press the Windows key, type Apps & features, then click on Open.
2. Search for Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package.
3. Select the package, then click on Modify option.
4. Then, click Yes on the User Account Control dialog box.
5. In the pop-up window that appears, click on Repair. Wait for the process to finish.
6. Repeat the above steps to modify all the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages.
7. Finally, restart the PC.
Note: Open the application that you were unable to open previously. If this did not work, try reinstalling the C++ redistributable instead.
Also Read: Fix Runtime Error C++ on Windows 10
Method 12: Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++
If the previous method of repairing the Microsoft C++ Visual Redistributable did not fix Halo Infinite keeps crashing issue, then you will have to reinstall the redistributable. Follow the given steps to uninstall & then install these again.
1. Open the Apps & features system settings.
2. Select the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package, then click on Uninstall option.
3. Click on Uninstall option again to confirm and remove the package.
Note: Make sure to uninstall all the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages.
4. Hit the Windows key, type Command Prompt, then click on Run as administrator.
5. Type the following command and press the Enter key.
Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
6. Once the process is complete, reboot the PC.
7. Next, visit the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable webpage to download the latest C++ package as shown here.
8. Once downloaded, open the downloaded file by double-clicking on it in My downloads. Install the package by following the on-screen instructions.
9. Once the installation is complete, finally restart the PC.
- Fix Roku Low Power Error
- Fix Valheim Keeps Crashing in Windows 10
- Fix Forza Horizon 4 Not Launching in Windows 10
- Fix World of Warcraft Error 51900101 in Windows 10
We hope that you learned about how to fix Halo Infinite keeps crashing. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Let us know what topic you want to learn about in our next article.