Roku is a media device manufacturer; the company has a strong presence in the American market and sells televisions, media players, and even streaming services. Roku devices are generally well reviewed and are high-quality. However, many users often find issues with their devices. One of the common issues that people experience is Roku low power error in their Roku electronic devices. Roku stick power and Roku low power issues are caused by various reasons and are generally easy to resolve.
- How to Fix Roku Low Power Error
- Method 1: Restart Roku Device
- Method 2: Use Roku Powercord/Adapter
- Method 3: Clear Roku Device Cache
- Method 4: Replace USB Cable
- Method 5: Try Different USB Port
- Method 6: Use Direct Wall Outlet
- Method 7: Remove Extensions
- Method 8: Cool Down Overheated Roku Device
- Method 9: Reset Roku Device
How to Fix Roku Low Power Error
There can be multiple reasons for Roku low power error; some of the main reasons are mentioned below.
- Often errors can occur due to improper loading of the device
- It is also possible for this error to occur due to adapter and power cord issues
- Your device’s Cache memory can also cause power errors
- USB cables and ports can also cause the issue
- Due to voltage fluctuations, the Roku device may often show power errors
- Extensions may also cause power errors and several other issues
- Overheating of the device causes the device to work slowly
- Technical glitches can also cause power errors
The following guide will provide you with methods to fix the power issues in your Roku device.
Method 1: Restart Roku Device
Mostly Roku low power error is caused by improper loading of the device. To avoid an error due to the loading of the device, you can simply restart your Roku device. Follow the below-mentioned instructions to restart your Roku device safely.
1. Switch Off your Roku device.
2. Wait for a couple of minutes.
3. Finally, relaunch your Roku device.
If a minor loading problem caused the error, restarting your device will most likely fix the issue. If you continue to have Roku low power issues in your device, try the following method.
Method 2: Use Roku Powercord/Adapter
Using an alternate power cord and adapter may cause Roku stick power and Roku low power errors. Always use an original Roku powercord and adapter to avoid any errors related to low power in your Roku device.
Method 3: Clear Roku Device Cache
Often, the reason for your Roku device not functioning properly is not related to power issues at all. If the device crashes frequently, this can be due to excessive Cache memory. You may want to clear the Cache from your Roku device. Clearing Cache memory can be a complicated process; however, you can safely clear Roku Cache memory by following the below-mentioned steps
1. Press the Home button from your Roku device remote.
2. Press the following buttons quickly, one after another.
- Home button five times
- Up button 1 time
- Rewind button 2 times
- Finally, the Fast Forward button 2 times
Your Roku device will Reboot, maybe once or twice.
3. Wait for a few seconds to reboot Roku device.
For most users clearing cache solved Roku low power problems. If you receive the same Roku stick low power error again, move on to the next method.
Also Read: Fix Roku Error Code 018
Method 4: Replace USB Cable
Sometimes Roku low power error can be caused by a faulty USB cable. If none of the previous methods helps recover your device, try changing your USB cable. There are various types of USB cables that you can work with. However, getting an original Roku USB cable is best to avoid any configuration issues.
Method 5: Try Different USB Port
A Roku device comes with plenty of USB port options. It is possible that the port you are trying to insert the USB cable cannot configure. When a USB port can’t read a cable, your device will not function. In some cases, your device may have Roku low power issues. To avoid these issues, you can simply change the USB port and try to fit the cable in a different port.
Method 6: Use Direct Wall Outlet
The fluctuation in the voltage may cause Roku low power error; you can try to connect the Roku device to a direct wall outlet to ensure a proper voltage to the device.
Note: Connecting any electric device directly to a wall outlet can be dangerous in some cases, ensuring the outlet is safe to use and receives a uniform voltage.
Method 7: Remove Extensions
If you have connected your Roku device to extensions, then a malfunctioning extension can cause overheating of the device. Extensions can also cause various other issues on Roku devices, so avoiding extensions is best.
Method 8: Cool Down Overheated Roku Device
If you have been using your Roku device continuously for a long time, it may start to overheat. An overheated Roku device may slow down and display many issues, including Roku stick power and low power error. Therefore, if overheated, it is advised to let your device cool down.
Method 9: Reset Roku Device
If none of those mentioned above methods works, and you continue to receive the same error, try resetting your Roku device settings. Resetting your Roku device will factory restore the settings and clear any technical issues causing Roku low power error. You can follow the below-mentioned steps to reset your Roku device safely.
1. Go to Roku Home Screen.
2. Locate and select Settings.
3. Now go to the System Options.
4. Locate and select Advanced System Settings.
5. Navigate to, select Factory Reset, then select Factory Reset Everything.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How can I resolve low power issues in my Roku device?
Ans. You can use various methods to resolve the low power issues on a Roku device, such as changing the adapter or USB cable.
Q2. What causes power issues in Roku devices?
Ans. There can be multiple reasons for power issues to occur in Roku devices, such as voltage fluctuations, excessive Cache memory, faulty USB cables, etc.
Q3. Can I use a USB cable to plug into the Roku device?
Ans. Yes, you can use a USB cable to plug into a Roku device; usually, Roku devices come with multiple USB ports.
- Fix Valheim Keeps Crashing in Windows 10
- Fix Hulu Error 5005 in Windows 10
- Fix Disney Plus Not Working on Roku
- How to Cancel My Roku Account Subscriptions
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to fix Roku low power error on your device. Let us know which method worked for you the best. If you have any suggestions, please write them in the comment section below.