Since its release, World of Warcraft has been the talk of the town and it surely remains outstanding in other popular streaming games. Yet, like all games and applications, World of Warcraft is also not without errors. It has its own faults and one of the most commonly reported problems is WOW error 51900101. This causes the game to disconnect randomly and it will rush you to start from the beginning. This problem is associated with the game crashing problems too. If you are struggling with how to resolve this issue on your Windows 10 PC, this guide will help you a lot to fix the same. All the methods mentioned in this guide will help you attain a stable connection to the game without any flaws. So, continue reading!
How to Fix World of Warcraft Error 51900101 in Windows 10
There are so many reasons associated with World of Warcraft 51900101 on your Windows 10 PC. Yet, a few significant reasons are listed below.
- Battle.net lacks admin access.
- Corrupt data in the game installation folder.
- Editing permissions are missing.
- Antivirus program blocks a few features of the game or the game itself.
- Windows Defender Firewall is blocking the program.
- Outdated Operating System and PC drivers.
- Corrupt game data.
Now, move ahead to the next section to learn the troubleshooting methods for WOW 51900101 or 51900314 error. Read and implement the below-discussed methods in your Windows 10 computer for WOW Error 51900101 fix and to prevent the same.
Basic Troubleshooting Methods
1. Restart PC
The general trick to resolve all the temporary glitches associated with World of Warcraft is to restart your computer. You can restart your PC by following the steps.
1. Navigate to Windows Power User menu by pressing the Windows and X keys simultaneously.
2. Select Shut down or sign out.
3. Finally, click Restart.
Once you have restarted your game, check if you can access the game without any errors.
2. Check Game Requirements
If you are facing WOW 51900101 issue on start-up, you have to check the basic requirements of the game and ensure that your PC satisfies them.
- OS: Windows 7 64-bit.
- CPU: Intel Core i5-760, AMD FX-8100.
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 2GB, AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB, or Intel HD Graphics 530 (45W TDP with 8 GB System RAM).
- RAM: 4 GB RAM (8GB for integrated graphics like Intel HD Graphics series).
- Storage: 70GB available space 7200 RPM HDD.
3. Ensure Proper Network Connection
Unstable internet connection leads to WOW error 51900101, also if there are any obstacles between your router and your computer, they may interfere with the wireless signal and will cause intermittent connection problems. You can run a Speedtest to know the optimum level of network speed required for the proper connection.
Ensure that your device satisfies the below criteria.
- Find the Signal strength of your network and if it is very low, clear all the obstructions in between the way.
- Avoid too many devices connected to the same network.
- Always buy a modem/router verified by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and they are free of conflicts.
- Do not use Old, broken, or damaged cables. Replace the cables if necessary.
- Make sure the wires from the modem to the router and the modem to the wall are stable and out of disturbance.
If there are any internet connectivity issues, check our guide How to Troubleshoot Network Connectivity Problems on Windows 10 to troubleshoot the same.
4. Update Windows
You can also eradicate bugs in your computer and game by updating your Operating System. Always ensure if you have updated your Windows Operating System and if there are any updates pending in action, use our guide How to Download and Install Windows 10 Latest Update
After updating your Windows Operating System, check whether you can connect to your WOW game server without any errors.
Also Read: Fix Windows 10 Activation error 0x80072ee7
5. Update Graphics Drivers
World of Warcraft, being a graphical intensive game, your graphics driver is essential important for your gaming experience. If the drivers are outdated or faulty, make sure you update them. You can search for the newest releases of drivers from its official websites or you can update them manually. Follow our guide 4 Ways to Update Graphics Drivers in Windows 10 to update your driver and check if you have fixed WOW error 51900101.
6. Roll Back GPU Driver Updates
Sometimes, the current version of GPU drivers may cause WOW error 51900101 and, in this case, you have to restore previous versions of installed drivers. This process is called Roll Back of drivers and you can easily roll back your computer drivers to their previous state by following our guide How to Rollback Drivers on Windows 10.
7. Reinstall Graphics Drivers
If you still face World of Warcraft 51900101 after updating your Graphical drivers, then reinstall device drivers to fix any incompatibility issues. There are several ways to reinstall drivers on your computer. Yet, you can easily reinstall Graphical drivers as instructed in our guide How to Uninstall and Reinstall Drivers on Windows 10.
After reinstalling GPU drivers, check if you can access World of Warcraft without any errors.
Also Read: Fix Graphics Card Not Detected on Windows 10
8. Temporarily Disable Antivirus (If Applicable)
Some incompatible antivirus programs installed in your computer will cause WOW error 51900101. To avoid conflicts, you must ensure the security settings of your Windows 10 computer and check if they are stable or not. To find whether the antivirus suite is the reason for WOW error code 5190010, disable it once and try connecting to a network. Read our guide on How to Disable Antivirus Temporarily on Windows 10 and follow the instructions to disable your Antivirus program temporarily on your PC.
If you have a fix for your problem after disabling the antivirus program in your computer, you are advised to uninstall the program completely from your PC. Read our guide Force Uninstall Programs which won’t Uninstall In Windows 10 to uninstall your antivirus program in your computer.
Method 1: Run WoW as Administrator
This is one of the most common reasons that cause WOW 51900101 in your Windows 10 PC. Certain permissions and features can only be accessed if you have granted admin rights to the World of Warcraft game. In this scenario, you can fix WOW error code 51900101 by following the below-listed instructions.
1. Right-click on World of Warcraft shortcut on the Desktop or navigate the installation directory and right-click on it.
2. Now, select Properties.
3. Then, switch Compatibility tab and check the box Run this program as an administrator.
4. Finally, click Apply > OK to save changes.
Method 2: Close Background Tasks
Several users have confirmed that WOW error 51900101 can be resolved by closing all the background tasks running on your PC. To implement the task, follow our guide How to End Task in Windows 10, and proceed as instructed.
Once you have closed all the background processes, check if you were able to fix WOW 64 exe application error or error code 5190010 in WOW.
Method 3: Rename Cache, Interface and WTF Folders
There are few gaming files residing in folders like Cache, Interface and WTF that are responsible to store the basic information on the game, progress, and settings. If they are corrupt, you will face WOW error code 5190010. So, you are advised to rename the folders and check if it works.
1. Close all processes running in the background as instructed in the above method and press the Windows + E keys together to open File Explorer.
2. Now, navigate to following location path as depicted.
C:\Program Files (x86) \World of Warcraft
3. Now, find the following folders and right-click on them. Then, select Rename as shown.
4. Now, Rename the folders to something like Cacheold, Interfaceold, WTFold respectively.
5. Once you have renamed these folders, relaunch the game and check if you can fix error code 5190010 in your Windows 10 PC.
Method 4: Delete WOW Cache Folder
Several users face WOW error 51900101 during the starup and this issue could be resolved when the cache folder is removed completely from your computer. All the temporary files of the game will be deleted and the next successive startup will launch the game without any errors. If renaming the folders doesn’t work for you, the below-listed instructions will help you do so.
1. Go to the World of Warcraft folder as instructed in the above Method 3.
2. Then, right-click on Cache folder and select Delete option as shown.
Check if you have fixed World of Warcraft 51900101 error.
Method 5: Change Read-Only Attribute
The World of Warcraft game will run without any errors when you have granted proper custom attributes settings in UAC (User Account Control). If in case, the game and its components have only read-only components, you cannot modify or update World of Warcraft. This results in WOW 51900101 on your PC. In this event, change the read-only attribute for the game as instructed below.
1. Launch File Explorer and open the World of Warcraft folder.
2. Now, right-click Wow.exe setup file and select Properties.
3. Now, switch to General tab and uncheck the box next to Read-only next to Attributes section as shown.
4. Then, click Apply > OK to save changes.
Method 6: Repair System Files
If there are any missing or damaged files on your Windows 10 PC, you will face WOW error 51900101. Yet, you are repairing these corrupt files by using inbuilt utilities namely, System File Checker and Deployment Image Servicing and Management. Read our guide on How to Repair System Files on Windows 10 and follow the steps as instructed to repair all your corrupt files.
Once After completing the scan, it will show either of these messages:
- Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
- Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
Wait for the Verification 100 % completed statement and check if your computer is capable of fixing WOW error code 5190010.
Method 7: Run Full Disk Cleanup
Few users have suggested that clearing some disk space on PC has helped them sort out WOW error code 5190010. This will enable your computer to install new files whenever needed which will help you fix the problem.
If there is minimum available space in your computer contributing to the discussed error code in WOW, follow our guide to use Disk Cleanup in Windows 10 that helps you clear all unnecessary files in your computer.
Method 8: Run Blizzard Repair Tool
If you still couldn’t fix WOW error 51900101, there may be some chances that your PC has some damaged gaming files in it. Damaged files may fill your computer due to an over protective antivirus suite or due to an update failure. Fortunately, you can resolve all these corrupt gaming files automatically with the help of a built-in tool of Blizzard. Here are a few instructions to run the Battle.net Repair tool.
1. As you did earlier, navigate to the directory of the Wow.exe setup file and select Run as administrator option as shown.
2. If you are prompted by User Account Control window, click Yes to proceed.
3. Now, switch to Games tab at the top corner of the window and then select World of Warcraft from the list.
4. Then, click Options followed by Scan & Repair from the drop-down list.
5. In the next prompt, click Begin Scan and wait until the process gets completed.
6. Finally, restart your game and check if you can fix WOW 51900101 error.
Also Read: How to Fix WOW Error #134 Fatal Condition
Method 9: Modify Windows Defender Firewall Settings
You will also face WOW 51900101, due to an over-reactive or over-protective antivirus suite in your Windows 10 computer. This prevents the connection link between the game launcher and the server. So, to fix this problem, you can whitelist World of Warcraft in your Firewall settings or disable the problem temporarily.
Option I: Whitelist World of Warcraft
To allow World of Warcraft in your Windows Defender Firewall, follow our guide Allow or Block Apps through the Windows Firewall and implement the steps as instructed.
Option II: Disable Firewall (Not Recommended)
If you do not know how to disable Windows Defender Firewall, our guide How to Disable Windows 10 Firewall will help you do so.
Option III: Create New Rule in Firewall
1. Hit Windows key and type Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security. Then, click Run as administrator as depicted below.
2. Now, in left pane, click on Inbound Rules as depicted.
3. Then, in right pane, click New rule… as shown.
4. Now, make sure you select the Program option under What type of rule would you like to create? menu and click Next> as shown.
5. Then, click Browse… button corresponding to This program path: as shown.
6. Then, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86) \World of Warcraft path and double-click on setup file. Then, click on the Open button.
7. Then, click Next > in the New Inbound Rule Wizard window as shown.
8. Now, select the radio button next to Allow the connection and click Next > as depicted.
9. Make sure Domain, Private, Public boxes are selected and click Next > as shown.
10. Finally, add a name to your new rule and click Finish.
All done! Check if you have fixed error code 5190010 in WOW is fixed or not.
Also Read: 17 Ways to Fix Dota 2 Disk Write Error
Method 10: Reinstall World of Warcraft
Any misconfigured files in World of Warcraft will lead to WOW 51900101 even if you have followed all the above discussed methods and updated all the pending actions. So, in this case, you have no other option than to reinstall the game. Here is how you do it.
1. Hit Windows key and type Apps & features. Then, click Open.
2. Now, search World of Warcraft in the list and click on it. Then, select Uninstall.
3. If you are prompted, again click Uninstall.
4. Then, visit Blizzard official site to download World of Warcraft for Windows PC.
5. Then, click Download for Windows and wait until the game gets installed in your PC.
6. Navigate to My downloads in File Explorer and double-click on the setup file to run the application.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the game in your Windows 10 PC.
8. Finally, relaunch the game and now you will have fixed WOW error code 5190010.
- Fix Windows Cant Find One of the Files in This Theme
- How to Hack Candy Crush Saga on Android Without Root
- Fix Twitch App Not Detecting WOW Game and Addons
- Fix WoW Takes Forever to Launch in Windows 10
We hope that this guide was helpful and you could fix WOW error 51900101 in Windows 10. Let us know which method worked for you the best. Also, if you have any queries/suggestions regarding this article, then feel free to drop them in the comments section.