Minecraft is a popular sandbox video game among gamers. In the game, players may design their planet and concentrate on creating and surviving. Furthermore, there is a strong community that allows several people to connect and converse on the same planet. When you try to join your friends’ worlds but get the notification unable to connect to world Minecraft then it becomes pretty unpleasant. When trying to join a server, several users have received the message unable to connect to world Minecraft. Either the user is unable to connect to the outside world on a single occasion or the problem happens regularly. In this article, we’ll cover all the possible reasons why this problem occurs, as well as the solutions that may be used to resolve it. Also, as the answers are sorted by difficulty and efficacy, start from the top and work your way down.
- How to Fix Unable to Connect to World Minecraft in Windows 10
- Method 1: Re-add Friend
- Method 2: Enable Multiplayer Mode
- Method 3: Update Windows and Minecraft
- Method 4: Update Network Driver
- Method 5: Disable Windows Firewall (Not Recommended)
- Method 6: Use VPN Server
- Method 7: Create New User Account
- Method 8: Reset Internet Explorer Settings
- Method 9: Install Minecraft Java Edition
How to Fix Unable to Connect to World Minecraft in Windows 10
We established that the problem of being unable to connect to World Minecraft is caused by a lot of reasons ranging from network issues to faulty Minecraft configurations after getting many reports from users. Here are a few possibilities for why you’re encountering this problem:
- Firewall: On Windows, the firewall is renowned for blocking various apps and services that aren’t needed. If your firewall is configured incorrectly, the game will be unable to connect to the servers and hence load the world.
- False Positive: It’s been reported that certain antivirus software flags validated programs as a danger. This might be the situation if you’re playing Minecraft on your PC.
- A problem with the friend list: We observed behavior in the game in which players had problems with their friend list. It appeared to be tainted since they were able to link others’ worlds but not their own. You may re-add your friend here.
- Permissions: Xbox platforms (including the Xbox software for Windows) offer a function that allows you to turn off multiplayer connections. If this is enabled, you will be unable to connect to the outside world.
- Problems with the Internet Service Provider (ISP): In certain circumstances, your ISP may be the source of the problem. When connecting to another world, we can get around this by utilizing a VPN.
- Corrupt Microsoft Account: Your Microsoft account setups on your computer may be corrupt, though this is quite unlikely. But because the most fundamental stage of Account authentication fails, so your game will be unable to connect to the servers.
- Internet Explorer: Internet Explorer settings are replicated in other Windows programs and games, as advanced Windows users may already be aware. The game will not be able to connect if these settings are causing problems.
- Bugs: This is a possibility that must be considered. Applications on the Windows Store are rife with flaws, and upgrading to the most recent version of the game may resolve the problem since Microsoft has released multiple updates along the road.
Method 1: Re-add Friend
We’ll try in-game solutions first before moving on to technological ways to address the problem. If you still want to be a part of a stranger world, remove them as a friend and re-add them. Some players have benefited from this change.
The friend list in Minecraft is kept to your account and not locally. You will not be able to connect to your friend planet if there is a problem or corruption in the friend list. In comparison to strangers in the game, friends have various conversations and world mechanisms.
1. You’ll need the username of a friend to delete them from your Friend list. After you’ve double-checked the username, type the following command and hit the Enter key.
/f remove <username>
2. After you’ve deleted a friend, you may re-invite them either through the Xbox app on Windows or through the game itself.
Note: Before attempting this approach, you should try visiting the worlds of other strangers. If you can, it signifies your friend list has an issue, and you can proceed.
Method 2: Enable Multiplayer Mode
The game in the Windows version is another typical cause of Minecraft unable to connect to world issues in Minecraft. When you download Minecraft from the Microsoft Store, your Xbox account manages all of the privacy and multiplayer options. Minecraft should only be downloaded through the Microsoft Store for the optimal gaming experience. The multiplayer and privacy settings in the game are controlled by your Xbox account. In addition, multiplayer options can be enabled or disabled on Xbox. If this option is deactivated, you will be unable to connect to any world in Minecraft due to a lack of authorization. Follow these instructions to repair the multiplayer setting in Minecraft.
1. Go to the official Xbox website using your web browser.
2. Sign in to your Microsoft account using your credentials.
3. Click on the Account manager.
4. Click on the three-dotted icon and then click on Xbox settings.
5. Click on Privacy & online safety.
6. Now, select the Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety tab.
7. Scroll down and click on the allow button for You can join multiplayer games.
8. Click on submit and then exit.
6. Log into Minecraft again after restarting your computer.
Check to see whether the problem of being unable to connect to world Minecraft has been addressed.
Method 3: Update Windows and Minecraft
You must upgrade Windows and Minecraft to the most recent versions before we try any other alternatives. This was a problem that affected several versions of Windows, according to Microsoft engineers, and potential patches were given for both Windows and Minecraft. We’ll check your Windows and Microsoft Store settings to make sure they’re both updated to the most recent version in this solution. Read our guide on How to Download and Install Windows 10 Latest Update to do so.
We’ll go on to install the updates for Minecraft now that we’ve completed the Windows updates. We’re going to presume you downloaded the game through the Microsoft Store.
1. Search for Microsoft Store in the Windows search bar and click on Open.
2. Click on the Library icon at the bottom left of the screen.
3. Click on Get updates.
4. Click on Update all.
5. Wait for the updates to be downloaded to your Windows 10 PC and make sure you get Your apps and games are up to date prompt.
6. Restart your computer and launch Minecraft after it has been updated. Check to see whether the problem of being unable to connect to world Minecraft has been resolved.
Method 4: Update Network Driver
A faulty or outdated network driver might potentially cause Minecraft to be unable to connect to the world. As a result, you must update your network driver. Read our guide on How to update Network adapter drivers on Windows 10.
Also Read: How to Use Minecraft Colors Codes
Method 5: Disable Windows Firewall (Not Recommended)
The Windows Firewall filters all of your traffic before passing it through by performing several checks. The Firewall is in charge of keeping track of your online activities. However, the Firewall is renowned for incorrectly filtering legal data and screening it. The Minecraft unable to connect to world issue might occur if Minecraft is not permitted via the Firewall. You can access the internet, but you can’t connect worlds. Check your Firewall settings to make sure the Minecraft executable file javaw.exe is permitted. To finish the operation, disable the Firewall. Read our guide on How to Disable Windows 10 Firewall.
After turning off Windows Defender Firewall, follow the below points.
- If you’re using another packet analyzer or game booster, make sure you turn it off as well. These game-boosting programs have also been reported to slow down your internet traffic.
- Before continuing, ensure sure you reboot your PC completely after making the adjustments.
- To avoid any further issues, try running Minecraft as administrator by right-clicking it and selecting the Run as administrator option.
Method 6: Use VPN Server
Using a VPN on your computer is another option to consider before moving on to alternatives. The error Unable to connect to the world might be caused by internet problems. These circumstances might impair your connection to your friends’ world because servers are crowded or your location has particular limitations that could disrupt the connection, and so on. When you use a VPN, you may spoof your ISP and access the game by pretending to be in another country. This will help you go over all of the obstacles and address the problem with your ISP blocking the game.
However, there is a catch; unless you have VPN access, which most organizations or firms provide to their employees, you may need to download a VPN program from the internet. Because of the geographical shift, the Minecraft program may require you to authenticate your account again once you’ve set up your VPN. After that, check to see whether the issue of Minecraft being unable to connect to world has been resolved and you can connect to your friend world. Read our guide on How to set up a VPN on Windows 10 to do so.
Also Read: How to Use Minecraft Colors Codes
Method 7: Create New User Account
User profiles are known to become corrupt, and apps frequently encounter difficulties and fail to respond to circumstances such as the one at hand. You can try making a new user account and check whether Minecraft works there. If it does, your user account was corrupted, and you may proceed to move all of your data to the new account while deleting the old one.
Note: Before proceeding, make a backup of all of your data files to a safe location.
1. Press the Windows + I keys together to open Settings.
2. Click on Accounts.
3. Now, on the left side of the window, select the Family and other users option.
4. Select Add someone else to this PC.
5. Click on I don’t have this person sign-in information in the new window that appears.
6. Select Add a user without Microsoft.
7. Fill in all of the required information and select a simple password that you will remember.
8. Check to see that this new local account is operational and includes all of the features you require.
9. Your local account has now been established.
10. Log in to your account and start a Minecraft game. Check to see whether it works correctly there.
Method 8: Reset Internet Explorer Settings
Because you’re using the Microsoft Store version of Minecraft, it’s safe to assume that it’s following Windows’ internet rules and preferences. Internet Explorer is used by Windows to establish these options. We’ll go to the internet settings and reset the Internet Explorer settings in this method before checking to see whether the problem of being unable to connect to world minecraft has been resolved.
1. Press Windows + R keys together to launch the Run dialog box.
2. Type inetcpl.cpl and hit the Enter key to open Internet Properties.
3. When you’re in Internet Properties, go to the Advanced tab and select Reset under Reset Internet Explorer settings.
4. After making modifications, reboot the PC and relaunch Minecraft.
Check to see whether the problem of being unable to connect to world minecraft has been addressed.
Method 9: Install Minecraft Java Edition
If the above methods do not work and the Minecraft is unable to connect to world issue persists, you need to install Minecraft Java Edition. There are now two computer setups available. To begin, go to the Microsoft Store and download Java Edition. Second, you have the option of using Minecraft standalone Java Edition. The majority of users stated that the Java edition met their needs flawlessly. The procedure for uninstalling the current version of Minecraft and installing the Java version is outlined below.
1. Open the Run dialog box.
2. Delete the Minecraft folder.
3. Hit the Windows key, type %localappdata% and click on Open.
4. Similarly, delete the Minecraft folder again.
5. Launch the Run dialog box and type appwiz.cpl and press Enter key to open Programs and Features.
6. Scroll down and right-click on Minecraft, and select Uninstall from the menu that appears.
7. Then, restart the PC after uninstalling it.
8. Now go to the official Minecraft website and download the executable somewhere accessible.
9. After the installation, restart the PC to see if the problem of being unable to connect to world minecraft has been addressed.
- How to Unroot Android TV Box
- Fix Skyrim Won’t Launch in Windows 10
- Fix Diablo 3 Error Code 1016 on Windows 10
- How to Enable Minecraft Controller Support
We hope you found this information useful and that you were able to resolve how to fix unable to connect to world Minecraft in Windows 10. Please let us know which technique was the most beneficial for you. Make sure to use the form below if you have any queries or comments.