Websites have become necessary to build a brand and spread the word about it. Beginners find it extremely challenging to build an entire website under a budget. Yes, if you want to run a website you will require a Web Hosting Service which costs you a lot of money. The learners who are in the learning or testing process, wouldn’t want to spend that much money. Thus, the best free website hosting companies come into play. This blog will tell you the basics of web hosting and the best free website hosting solutions for students. By the end of the blog, you will have all the information you need to make an informed decision when you buy a hosting service. We have curated this blog for school and college goers to find free web hosting for students. So read through and we will make sure you find your free domain and hosting for 1 year.
Table of Contents
Best Free Website Hosting Services
In this article, we have briefly explained website hosting and listed the best free web hosting for students and also the premium price plans in detail.
What Is Website Hosting?
Hosting is the home of your website. If you have a website you would need to host it somewhere and that is exactly what web hosting is. A hosting-providing company will allocate space on a web server for your website. Web Hosting is known as the service which provides storage space on a server for your website. When you upload your website to such servers then it becomes accessible to the users via the internet. The users had to enter the web address or the domain name of their site into the web browser. The computer then gets connected to the servers and displays all the web pages. These hosts make several files that contain a website and its codes, images, content, graphics, etc. Every website visited by a user is hosted on some or the other hosting platform. You can either rent or buy this space to house your website on the internet.
What is the Need for Free Website Hosting Sites?
Free web Hosting is known to be the safest choice when it comes to quickly just bringing your project up on the web at no cost.
- Many small-scale and non-profit organizations can take advantage of Free Website Hosting facilities by setting up a simple website and they can post news and events updates or also can connect with attendees.
- Free Web Hosting is very beneficial for beginners, learners, and students. It is indeed a very amazing way of creating, learning, and also developing in the best possible way. Here, you can create your free website, and build your first blog.
- You can use the facilities and can do whatever you like at no cost. If a student is running a free website, it will benefit them by learning the fundamentals of how to create, build and maintain websites on the internet.
These Websites are considered to be highly reputed and are known as great places for learners and beginners to start their websites.
Bluehost is a leading web hosting service provider. It is best for WordPress Hosting, it is the best web host to create small business websites, and personal websites as well as write blogs. They provide shared hosting, reseller, virtual private servers (VPS), and dedicated servers. Bluehost offers high-quality packages and top-performing servers.
- This site provides 10GB SSD storage.
- It gives 24/7 customer support.
- It offers custom themes.
- It provides unlimited bandwidth.
- Users are given a free domain name.
- They provide users with site builders, email addresses, SSL certificates, SEO tools.
- Unlimited disk space is enjoyed by the users
Hostinger is a one-stop solution for your website creation and hosting. It is a low-expense hosting company. It was Established in 2004, Hostinger is known to be an employee-owned Web hosting and Internet domain registration company. It has quickly made an international user base that is spread across 39 countries from risk-free beginner hosting to advanced VPS cloud infrastructure.
- It starts at just $1.99 per month.
- Free weekly backups are provided to the users.
- Free SSL certificates are given to the users.
- 30-day money-back guarantee for users if they do not have a good experience.
- Users can create up to 100 websites.
- It provides users with 1 click install for CMS software.
- It provides 24/7/365 live chat support to its customers.
- This site provides Auto Installer (WordPress, Joomla, etc)
- It has a User-Friendly Custom Panel.
Read further to know about free domain and hosting for 1-year.
Also Read: Top 20 Best Domain Name Generators
SiteGround is an easy solution for hosting websites, it is perfect for creating websites for your small and/or home businesses. It is also recommended by WordPress for creating and hosting user websites.
- They provide website builders for ease of creating a website from scratch.
- They have data centers all across the world.
- They provide users with a 99% uptime guarantee.
- They provide security plugins and ultra-fast PHP.
DreamHost is a host for about 1.5 million websites. They are recommended by WordPress for the ease that they provide while creating and hosting a website.
- Users enjoy Unlimited bandwidth.
- Free Privacy Protection for users draws a lot of attention.
- This service provides 24/7 In-house Support for users.
- They provide users with a 100% uptime guarantee.
HostGator is one of the leading best free website hosting service providers. They have been growing in the market since 2002. Reliability in web hosting and excellent customer support are the biggest reasons for its amazing growth.
- Users access free domains and unlimited subdomains.
- Free HTTPS and SSL are provided to the users.
- Users can enjoy unmetered bandwidth and unlimited storage.
- Unlimited FTP accounts and email addresses are also given.
Read further to know the free domain and hosting for 1-year
WordPress.com is considered to be the leading platform for free website hosting for students. This site gives you an easy-to-use interface to host your website. Moreover, you can even monetize your site by placing the affiliate links or you can also use their WordAds program. Also, there is not any time limit in this plan you can use it as long as you want. Here are the features of this free web hosting service for students.
- WordPress.com subdomain is given to the users.
- Users are allotted 3GB of storage.
- Free aesthetic templates are given to the users to design beautiful websites.
- It has a plugin architecture.
Wix is known as one of the leading players in the web-development fields which provides free website hosting along with many other features. It is a drag-and-drop website builder. It provides the user with an easy and user-friendly dashboard to create and design their website. Moreover, there is no need for any kind of installation process as the site is being hosted automatically just after it gets published. Below are a few features of this free web hosting service for students.
- Users get Wix.com as the subdomain.
- Beautiful templates for creating aesthetic websites are given to the user.
- 500 MB of disk space is allocated for users’ storage.
- Users can enjoy 500 MB of bandwidth.
- Wix helps users in the Global content delivery network.
- Free SSL and security monitoring are provided to the users.
- Knowledge base and customer support are very strong.
- Decent load times are a plus point for the users.
GoDaddy is the largest domain name registrar in the world, proving amazing web hosting solutions for new website creators’ everyday needs.
- They provide a 30-day free trial.
- They have a user-friendly drag-and-drop website creation system.
- They provide users with a website builder.
- Unique and beautiful templates are an aid to users who struggle with website designs.
Also Read: Top 34 Best Web Testing Tool
Squarespace is a user-friendly website creation and hosting platform in which you need 0 technical skills. It works on a very engaging drag-and-drop feature so that everyone finds it pretty easy. Following are a few features of this free web hosting service for students.
- They are restricted to a 14-day free trial period for the users.
- Users get access to the website builder for ease of creating a website from scratch.
- Limitations on public access to the website are there so it remains only restricted to users who are trying it out to learn.
10. Google Cloud Hosting
Google Cloud Hosting is a web hosting platform that provides free domain and hosting for 1-year. It targets large businesses to host their websites but there is no restriction on that. All you need is a google account to get started.
- It offers unlimited storage and extensive documentation support.
- The free trial lasts for 12 months.
AWS (Amazon Web Services) is a part of Amazon that basically engages in cloud computing services and web service providers. It is a very learning platform for students and web developers who are just beginning their journey in web designing and hosting. It provides free domain and hosting for 1-year. Here are a few features of this free web hosting service for students.
- It is a 12-month free service provider.
- It is the best platform for users who are willing to master their development skills.
Googiehost made their brand similar sounding to Googlehost to grab more attention and traffic towards their website. It is one of the great web hosting service providers for the last 8 years in this industry.
- The site offers CMS installers.
- They offer all PHP versions.
- They provide users with 1GB of disk space for storage.
- They give the user 1 domain and 2 subdomains.
- 2 MySQL databases are set up for the user.
- 2 Email accounts and an SSL certificate are also given to the user.
Weebly is one of the top web hosting service providers. Weebly works under its parent company- Square inc. It provides the users with fantastic in-built features so that the users are free from the hassle of installing different software
- Storage up to 500MB is given to the user.
- Weebly.com Subdomains are provided to users.
- Users enjoy Free SSL security.
- Various Free Templates are provided for the ease of designing the website.
- Free SEO optimization is done for the user so that they can rank in google searches.
AwardSpace is also considered to be the best free website hosting provider which offers high-end server technology. The amazing part about this website is that it is ad-free and there is no need to place unwanted ads on your website. The user can easily start with the website to get hosted with Awardspace, all that is need to be done is choose any of two CMS and do the installation for the same.
- Storage up to 1GB is given to the user.
- The user gets One Free Domain (with a dx.am extension) and 3 Free Subdomains.
- One-Click CMS Installer (WordPress or Joomla) for the user’s convenience.
- Users get an Absolute Ad-Free experience.
- Web-based File Manager is given to the users.
Also Read: 16 Best Ad Blocking Extension for Chrome
InfinityFree is powered by iFastNet. It is the best free website hosting service that boasts a 99.9% uptime guarantee. This site provides access to the Softaculous Script Installer to set up WordPress. InfinityFree doesn’t offer domain registration, but you can use one which you’ve acquired from another registrar. As it is free this can be considered to be a good free web hosting for students.
- It promises a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- It provides free subdomains.
- No ads are displayed on the users’ websites.
- It lets you have as many primary web addresses as you want.
- InfinityFree offers an auto-installer with more than 400 different apps, including WordPress.
- It gives you 5 GB disk space.
- Users can enjoy Unlimited bandwidth.
- The website makers have access to 400 MySQL databases.
- Knowledge base support is provided to the user.
ByetHost is a part of Byet Internet, which hosts more than 1 million websites. This site offers users solid support for its free plan, which is very rare. ByetHost provides a self-service knowledge base and video tutorials, and a ticketing system is also available. Moreover, the user receives usage statistics such as disk space, daily hits, and bandwidth usage. This data can be found in VistaPanel, which is known to be ByteHost’s free hosting panel.
- It lets the user access 5 subdomains.
- 1 GB disk space is provided to the user.
- 50 GB monthly transfers are allowed by the hosting service providers.
- One MySQL database is also given to the user.
- It provides 24/7 support via a ticket system and knowledge base.
- It provides usage stats for disk space, bandwidth usage, and daily hits.
Also Read: Top 10 Best People Search Websites
000webhost is a popular free web hosting provider, it is owned by Hostinger. It is considered to be one of the best free website hosting service provider. This site comes with the Zyro website builder, which makes designing your site less intimidating. Similar to InfinityFree, visitors that come to your website won’t see ads, but the ads will be there in the WordPress dashboard. This free website hosting doesn’t require a credit card to set up, and you can use it as long as you want.
- One website can be hosted by the user.
- 300 MB of disk space is provided for the user’s website.
- 3 GB of bandwidth is allotted to each user.
- One MySQL database is given to the user.
- A community forum for all the users to interact and discuss is also there.
- Visitors to your website won’t see ads running on the user’s website.
FreeWebHostingArea is known as a volunteer-maintained free hosting service. If you want to use FreeWebHostingArea you must have at least one visitor per month on your free site. It can get deleted if you’re inactive as if you drop below this metric. Moreover, it also doesn’t allow private projects, APIs, and password-protected websites. As it is free it becomes a good option of free web hosting for students.
- 1.5 GB disk space is given to the user.
- Unmetered traffic is allowed on the user’s website.
- MySQL databases are allotted to the user.
- Free email support is also given to the user.
- Your free site must have at least one visitor per month.
FreeHostia has a cluster platform to provide more reliability in free web hosting for students. This site provides both paid and free hosting. The free plan of this site is called Chocolate. It provides access to a website builder complete with templates. If you got stuck and have an issue, you can get the solution to your support ticket in one hour, also available with the free plan.
- Five websites per user are allowed.
- 250 MB of disk space is allotted to each user.
- 6 GB bandwidth is provided to the users.
- Users are given access to One MySQL database.
- FAQ and ticket support system helps the users have a better experience with website designing.
- A complete website builder with templates is given to the user for easier website creation.
Freehosting is a fantastic free website hosting service provider which lets you bring your domain name and if you do not have one don’t worry FreeHosting can also register one for you. Following are the features of this free web hosting service for students.
- Users can create and host only One website.
- 10 GB disk space for the website is given.
- Users can enjoy Unmetered bandwidth.
- One MySQL database is allotted to the user.
- Ticket support system for user’s ease.
- SSL certification is provided to the user.
Note: FreeHosting does not offer services for users in Brazil, Cuba, Iran, Sudan, Syria, or Vietnam.
Kinsta is an application, database, and managed WordPress hosting service provider. They cater to 55000+ users. They are powered by the Google Cloud Platform.
- They have 26 data centers around the globe.
- Users are benefitted as it supports most programming languages.
- They provide users with the best security.
- They help users get maximum efficiency as they use GKE.
- Free CDN, free Letsencrypt SSL, staging environments, and automatic daily backups are also given to users for ease of working.
HostPapa was founded in 2006 and is a Canadian-based hosting company. They offer shared reseller, and virtual private server (VPS) hosting. Besides shared hosting, it provides Managed WordPress, VPS, and Reseller hosting. That is why it has one of best free website hosting services for students.
- This site gives a free SSL certificate.
- This site provides 100 GB of SSD storage.
- It offers a control panel.
- It provides you with free website transfer.
- It provides 100 Email accounts.
Also Read: 26 Best Data Mining Software
This site is considered to be free hosting and domain services for personal websites. HyperPHP has a few ways that make launching a new website very easily. Firstly, it offers a free domain transfer. This site also offers an automatic script installer, which the user can access through VistaPanel.
- This site offers 1GB of disk space.
- It provides a MySQL database.
- It offers free tech support and community forums.
Web.com provides you with very straightforward hosting plans which are divided into three tiers with the choice of web builder or WordPress. Although the most amazing part of Web.com builder plans is providing a free hour of support with a walkthrough of the web builder software, it also provides professional web design advice for your particular type of site.
- It offers a year of domain name registration.
- It provides professional email addresses.
- They provide 24/7 chat support.
- It offers unlimited bandwidth.
20i is a UK-based web hosting provider that has been available for only a few years. This website provides many similar features when compared to other plans. It offers you an ad-free experience. Moreover, you’re free to run ads on your site to earn money.
- This site provides 10GB of disk space.
- It offers 250MB bandwidth.
This web hosting provides websites with 24/7 security and threat detection, WAF, SSL, and also a dedicated security team. It has a built-in CDN, by which you can save your time, money, and resources by leaving web monitoring and server management to HubSpot.
- It has a built-in CDN and content hosting.
- It offers free security features with WAF and SSL.
- It allows access to mobile-friendly custom themes.
- It has award-winning customer support.
Also Read: 17 Best Mobile Testing Tools
Rather than calling it a free website, it is considered to be almost free. It is also one of free web hosting service for students. Dreamnix doesn’t take the information for your credit card until you want to pay for any services.
- This site offers SSD-powered servers.
- It has an auto installer (WordPress).
- It provides Ad-free hosting service.
- It gives PHP & MySQL database support.
Web Hosting Price Plans
Even though we provided you with the list of the best free website hosting service providers, but still you can opt for these paid plans to enjoy extended features as the above-mentioned free hosting services come with some limitations.
|S. No.||Web hosting service providers||Available plans with price|
|3||SiteGround||$3.99 per month|
|8||GoDaddy||Upto $2 per month|
|10||Google Cloud Hosting||Pay per product|
|11||AWS||Pay as per you go|
|12||GoogieHost||$1 for 3 months|
|17||000webhost||Upto $2 per month|
|20||FreeHosting||$7.99 for paid hosting package|
These best free website hosting service providers are a viable option when we talk about low-budget web hosting, but you should keep in mind that your options are limited because it is free you should stay aware of the data that you put up on the websites you are hosting here. From our side, our best picks are- Bluehost, Weebly, Wix, and AwardSpace, for their amazing facilities and ease of use. Even though these free options work amazingly, we always prefer that if you are going for some serious project and a website for that you should choose a cheaper plan from these web hosting service providers as they help you with better security of your data, more storage space, access to more databases, supportive customer service and many more amazing facilities like these, which will help you grow your website and provide you with the ease of creating and hosting your website.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What are the reasons behind free web hosting?
Ans. Free website hosting is a marketing gimmick which means that there are terms and conditions applied to its usage.
Since they are providing you with free hosting space there may be frequent downtimes because service level agreements aren’t present. There can be a limitation on server space, the speed at which the website runs, movement of traffic on the website, uptime guarantees, and provision to take backups. These companies may also run their advertisements on your website to cover the costs. Free website hosting exists only because they help the service provider to engage more users, it becomes profitable by later selling the customer expensive packages for their future web hosting needs.
Q2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of free website hosting?
Ans. There are way more disadvantages than advantages to free website hosting. The major advantage is that it’s free, you really don’t pay anything for it. This might be a considerable choice if you are starting off with no budget or just trying it out for yourself to know how to create a website but it’s always advisable to pick a cheaper plan from a suitable web hosting service provider than going for a free host.
There are quite a few disadvantages to free website hosting. Performance in a paid version is far better than in the free version, you could face major security issues, lack of customer support is there and few free service providers don’t even offer customer support, majority of the time you have to fend for yourself if there’s some trouble with the website. All in all, you should prefer going for a cheaper web hosting service provider rather than a free one.
Q3. Is it safe to use free website hosting?
Ans. Free website hosting is safe depending upon the service provider you choose, but you will face a lot of issues with stability and support. This means you cannot be sure of any backups that will be made or will whatever little backup you could take is reliable or not, so you bear the pain of saving and downloading your own data as you require. The free website hosting companies are not bad or unreliable, but with paid services, you are sure about stability, support, and reliability.
Even though free website hosting can be a good start for small hobby websites and beginners, any website that needs to be put out and that has the contact information of the owners of the website or be it anyone needs to have a paid web hosting service. It will give your website extra protection from hackers, and it also looks professional if you don’t have unnecessary website advertisements or credits on your website.
Q4. How do we choose and test the best free website hosting services?
Ans. Our test team reviews all service providers by signing up and opting for a plan to check out what this web hosting provider offers their new users; we also check how easy it is to navigate around their websites and dashboards to create a working website. We are also keen to know the amount of customer service provided. We look into the details of what you get and what you don’t and rank each web hosting provider. These rankings are based on the quality of the features that users will use, and how transparent the web hosting company is on what the user would get in service the opt for.
Q5. Is free website hosting good?
Ans. Of course, free website hosting is a good option for beginners and for hobby websites or those who are just testing it out. But for those who are actually looking forward to a well-working website that would be up for business you need to get a cheap hosting solution even if you are a little tight on the budget. Even though these are free solutions, there are major setbacks to them. You have very limited options as to what you can do, most websites aren’t secured properly there can be a breach of security which could lead to you losing out on information, and if anything goes wrong with the website you are on your own there is a lack of customer support.
- How to Delete Outlook Account
- 18 Best Free VPNs for Windows 11
- 17 Best Free Domain and Hosting Sites
- 31 Best Web Scraping Tools
It’s better to choose a cheap web hosting provider than opt for the free version. Still, it’s ultimately up to you, free website hosting is not bad they can prove to be adequate for some situations, like free website hosting for students sounds like a steal. We hope this guide helped you to find out best free website hosting service. Please share your queries or suggestions in the comment section below.