It’s no secret that the social media frenzy has gone out of control and that makes it all the more important to take a break. If that’s the case, then one can easily deactivate their accounts. But what if there’s a particular user that’s pestering you? In such a case, the only sensible choice would be to block them. In this article, we will discuss what actually happens when you block someone on Snapchat. So if you’re interested, continue reading! Snapchat is an excellent application for putting up short content. It can be in the form of videos or photos which disappear after 24 hours. Fortunately, in case you’re not comfortable with a particular user, you can block them. Blocking is also a great way to keep spam profiles away. But have you ever wondered what happens when you block some on Snapchat? If not, then don’t worry! We will tell you about all the aspects related to blocking on Snapchat in this very article.
Table of Contents
What happens when you Block Someone on Snapchat?
What are the reasons to block someone on Snapchat?
There are several reasons why you need to know about the blocking feature on every social media platform. In this article, we are dealing with one such application, i.e., Snapchat. Following are a few reasons:
- You might want to restrict your content to a stranger who has accidentally been added to your list.
- You might receive spam notifications and snaps in some situations. One can also keep these notorious accounts away by blocking them.
- Blocking is also an excellent option to restrict your content from one user when you don’t want them to see it. You can later go ahead and unblock them once the story expires after 24 hours.
- Some people prefer to keep their Snapchat profiles private, unlike influencers. Blocking helps keep away business accounts or other public handles that may want to interact.
If you relate to any of these reasons, you need to know how to block someone on Snapchat and what happens next!
How to block someone on Snapchat?
Before knowing what happens when you block some on Snapchat, let us first take a look at the process of blocking! If you want to block someone, follow the given steps:
- Open the chat of the user that you’d like to block.
- Locate the three horizontal lines on the top left corner of the chat.
- From the menu of options that are now displayed, select ‘Block’.
- Once that’s done, the chatbox will disappear automatically.
- You can also delete a user from your friend list instead of blocking for a lesser drastic measure.
And that’s it! Blocking is as simple as that. Now that you know how to block some on Snapchat, let’s take a look at what happens next!
What happens when we block someone on Snapchat?
Now let’s say that a particular user makes you uncomfortable and so you blocked them. There are a few changes that will take place when you now open the application.
- Once you block someone, neither will they be able to view your story nor will you be able to send or receive any snaps from them.
- You also won’t be able to share any messages or chat with them.
- After blocking, both you and the blocked user will not appear in each other’s searches.
- They might still be able to view your public stories if you have only “removed” them!
Blocking reduces these chances to zero.
If we block someone on Snapchat, do the chats get deleted?
Quite commonly, lots of users end up blocking individuals when they send a wrong message. So the question is, does blocking really delete the messages?
After sending them a message, they will still be able to see the last snap you sent them. Therefore, does not affect the messages. However, an excellent alternative to follow in this case would be to block that individual.
Once you block them, the application will delete all the previous messages, and they would no longer have you in their contacts. Moreover, your profile would also not appear in the search results which means, they won’t be able to find your Snapchat until you unblock them!
One must note that all the unopened messages get deleted after 30 days. Therefore, if the user is inactive, then there’s hope that they won’t be able to open the message you accidentally sent!
Blocking as a feature saves us all from unwelcome interactions. It helps us get away from bothersome strangers and fake accounts. It bars anyone that we dislike from accessing our profiles. Blocking has an excellent utility on many social media applications, especially Snapchat.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Does blocking someone on Snapchat delete saved messages?
If you block someone else on Snapchat, their entire chat history will get deleted from your device. However, they will still have these messages on their phones. They just won’t be able to send you any more messages.
Q2. Do messages disappear when you block someone?
Messages do disappear from the chat history of the blocker. But the user that has been blocked will still be able to see these in their chatbox.
Q3. What happens to chats when you block someone on Snapchat?
Once you block someone on Snapchat, their profile disappears from your device. The entire chat history also gets deleted. Moreover, you won’t be able to locate them in your chatbox anymore. But the individual that gets blocked will still have these messages on their device. But they won’t be able to reply or send any more messages to you!
Q4. Can you tell if someone has blocked you on Snapchat?
If someone gets blocked, they are not notified. But there are a few pointers that could help you figure out if you’ve been blocked or not. They are as follows:
- If you are unable to open or search their profile.
- If you don’t receive any messages from them.
- If you are unable to check their stories or snaps.
- How to see who has viewed your Location on Snapchat
- How to Reverse a Video on Snapchat on Android
- Create, Record, and Share Your Snapchat Bitmoji Stories
- How to Resize Keyboard on Android Phone
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to find out what happens when you block someone on Snapchat. If you still have any queries regarding this article, then feel free to ask them in the comments section.