Fitbit is an American manufacturer of consumer electronics and fitness equipment. It creates wireless-enabled wearable devices, fitness trackers, and activity monitors such as smart watches, pedometers, and monitors for heart rate, sleep quality, and stairs climbed, as well as associated software. Alphabet, Inc. bought the business in 2021. The social component of the app predicts an upsurge in determination and finds that consumers spend an average of 700 more stages per day when they have friends on the app. Consumers can also choose to share their progress photos and achievement badges. The community page also allows users to contest and compete against other users. The majority of the time, Fitbits function without a hitch. Still, occasionally, things don’t go as planned, and you notice a large red X on your Fitbit’s screen and the notification that it could not clear its data. If you are someone looking for tips about the same, we bring you a helpful guide that will teach you how to delete data and sync on Fitbit. Also, we will teach you how to get your Fitbit back after factory reset and fix data not cleared sync and try again in Versa. You will also learn what to do if your Fitbit says data not cleared sync and try again.
What Does It Mean When Your Fitbit Says Data Not Cleared Sync and Try Again?
Keep reading further to find out what does it mean when your Fitbit says data not cleared sync and try again in detail.
How Can You Delete Data and Sync on Fitbit?
You can delete and sync your data on Fitbit with the help of the upcoming methods.
1. Delete Fitbit Data
Here is how you can delete data on Fitbit:
1. Open the Fitbit app on your phone and Log In to your account.
2. Head to the TODAY section.
3. From the top left of the screen, tap on your account avatar.
4. Then, tap on Account Settings.
5. Finally, tap on Delete Data again.
2. Sync Fitbit Data
Here is how you can sync data on Fitbit:
1. Open the Fitbit app on your phone.
2. Tap on the Account option in the Fitbit dashboard.
3. Now, select your Fitbit device.
4. Turn on the toggle for All-Day Sync.
Keep reading this article to learn how to fix data not cleared sync and try again in Versa.
How Long Does a Fitbit Factory Reset Take?
Depending on your Fitbit model, a factory reset can take up to 10 to 15 seconds.
How Can You Reboot Your Fitbit?
To reboot your Fitbit, follow the below steps:
Note: This would work for Versa 2 and higher models of the Fitbit Product series.
1. Hold the side button down for a minimum of 10 seconds until the Fitbit logo appears.
2. Release the button.
When using an earlier model, such as the initial Versa, Blaze, or Ionic, press and hold the bottom and back buttons until the Fitbit logo appears on display. Once released, tap on the buttons.
How Can You Get Your Fitbit Back After Factory Reset?
Resetting your Fitbit clears all of your data. All data on the device, including any that hasn’t synchronized with your Fitbit app and account, is deleted when you complete a factory reset. Your customized settings, alerts, objectives, and notifications get reset as well. However, your Fitbit account is not deleted when you reset your Fitbit.
What Does It Mean When Your Fitbit Says Data Not Cleared Sync and Try Again?
The message Data not erased, Sync & Try again frequently occurs when you attempt a factory reset without first removing your watch from the Bluetooth connection on your phone.
Why is Your Versa Not Syncing with Your Phone?
There could be several reasons why your Versa is not syncing with your phone. Check if these requirements are fulfilled if your Versa is not syncing with your phone.
- Check whether the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed or not.
- Make sure to check that the software on your device is up to date.
- Check if Wi-Fi or cellular data is active on your phone.
- Make sure to see there are no Bluetooth devices nearby as they interfere with the syncing process.
- Check if the Fitbit device battery is not low.
Also Read: How to Get Rolex Smartwatch Face
What Can You Do When Your Fitbit Versa 3 Says Data Not Cleared Sync and Try Again?
The message Data not erased, Sync & Try again frequently occurs when you attempt a factory reset without first removing your watch from the Bluetooth connection on your phone. The following steps can be used:
- Restart your phone and your Fitbit
- Turn off the Bluetooth devices from any nearby devices that also have Fitbit in them
- Bluetooth should be turned off and on the devices that you sync with
- Close the app or force stop it and then open the Fitbit app again
- Clear the cache for your Fitbit app
Why Does Your Versa Lite Say Data Not Cleared?
Your Fitbit Versa lite says data not cleared because the syncing process is not completed. Now, let’s see how to fix data not cleared sync and try again in Versa. Read this article from the start to learn how to delete data and sync on Fitbit.
How Can You Fix Data Not Cleared Sync and Try Again in Versa?
Follow the below steps to fix the above-said issue:
Method 1: Examine Pairing
It can be an issue if your Fitbit is connected to more than one computer or mobile device (such as an iPhone and an iPad). Fitbit appears to perform at its peak when they are only linked to one computer, phone, or tablet.
Note: Choose the device you use the most to store the app and your Fitbit data.
To remove Fitbit from other devices,
1. Go to the Today section on your Fitbit app.
2. Then, go to Profile picture.
3. Now go to your device name.
4. Then, click on Remove this_device_name.
5. Restart the Fitbit app.
Note 1: Make sure it’s not shown as a linked device by opening the Bluetooth settings on the device. If so, press it and select the option to remove Fitbit from Bluetooth settings.
Note 2: Try syncing your Fitbit with the lone surviving device using the Fitbit app and check to see whether it removes the red X from your Fitbit’s display after unplugging it from any further desktops, smartphones, or tablets.
Read this article from the start to learn what does it mean when your Fitbit says data not cleared sync and try again.
Method 2: Re-connect Fitbit Through Bluetooth
Note: The options might vary depending on the device. The following steps are done on Android device.
1. Swipe down the mobile home screen to open the Quick Access menu.
2. Tap and hold the Bluetooth option.
3. From the list of Bluetooth devices that are linked, choose Fitbit.
4. Select Unpair. This will cause your Fitbit and your phone’s Bluetooth to stop working together.
Note: If you receive a notice asking for permission for your phone to show Fitbit alerts, hit Allow.
5. Relaunch the Fitbit app.
Note: Avoid using the Bluetooth settings on your phone to connect to Bluetooth. The pairing procedure needs to be done using the Fitbit app to succeed.
6. Select your Fitbit device by tapping your profile photo or symbol.
7. Wait for a notice to begin the Bluetooth pairing procedure and follow the on-screen instructions.
Read this article from the start to learn what does it mean your Fitbit says data not cleared sync and try again.
Also Read: How to Fix Fitbit Not Syncing Issue
How Can You Get Your Fitbit Back to Normal?
To get your Fitbit back to normal, you need to reset the device. The steps to factory reset vary depending on the Fitbit device.
Option I: Ace 2
1. Charge the Ace 2 and let it be plugged into the charging cable.
2. Open Settings on the Fitbit device.
3. Choose Clear User Data.
4. Once you receive a prompt, tap and hold the screen for 3 seconds.
Your device will vibrate, and the clock will appear, indicating that the data was erased.
Note: You can follow the above steps for Ace 3, Inspire, Inspire HR, and Inspire 2 without connecting them to the charging cable. Also, for Inspire 2, ensure that you remove the Tile before resetting the device.
Option II: Aria
Resetting the Aria device is as simple as a cakewalk.
1. Remove the batteries and wait for 10 seconds.
2. Insert the batteries again.
Your device is reset.
Option III: Aria 2
The steps are similar to the Aria device.
1. Remove the batteries.
2. Press the button above the batteries slot for 10 seconds while inserting the batteries again.
Option IV: Charge 3 and Charge 4
1. Open Settings.
2. Select About.
3. Now, tap on Clear User Data.
Note 1: For Charge 5, Inspire 3, and Luxe devices, choose Device Info instead of About.
Note 2: For Ionic, Sense series, and Versa series devices, choose Factory Reset instead of Clear User Data.
Option V: Flyer
Press the buttons in the same order as given below to erase the data:
Now, the LED blinks five times, and the device will turn off.
How Can You Clear Data on Your Fitbit Lite?
Follow the below steps to clear data on Fitbit Versa 2/Lite:
1. Go to Settings.
2. Then, click on Clear User Data.
3. Press the screen for 3 seconds if prompted and then release.
As the data vibrated and the clock screen appears, it means that the data is erased.
- 8 Ways to Fix Outlook This is not a Valid File Name Error
- What is Sedecordle? How to Play This Game
- How Can You Change Time on Vivofit
- How to Remove Apple ID from Apple Watch
So, we hope you have understood what it means when your Fitbit says data not cleared sync and try again and how to delete data and sync on Fitbit. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.