Many users come across an error while trying to run Minecraft on their computers. This error can be displayed with an error code 1 message. This is a common error with Minecraft and can be caused by improper Java configuration and other system issues. Minecraft exit code 1 is a common issue and can be solved by following a few simple methods. In this guide, we will try to explain what does error code 1 mean on Minecraft and how to fix Minecraft error 1 issue.
- What Does Error Code 1 Mean on Minecraft? How to Fix it
- Method 1: Update Graphic Drivers
- Method 2: Repair Xbox App
- Method 3: Remove Minecraft Mods
- Method 4: Change Minecraft Launcher Path
- Method 5: Change Java Executable Path
- Method 6: Reinstall Java Program
- Method 7: Reinstall Minecraft
- Method 8: Reset Windows 10
What Does Error Code 1 Mean on Minecraft? How to Fix it
There can be multiple reasons for this error in Minecraft. Some of the most common reasons are listed below.
- Error caused by the outdated or corrupt graphics driver.
- Issues caused due to Xbox app issues.
- Issues caused by Mods.
- Errors caused by improper Minecraft launcher path.
- Errors caused by improper Java Executable path.
- Errors caused by corrupt Java program.
- Issues due to Minecraft application issues.
- Other system issues such as corrupt program files can also cause this error.
The following guide, will explain what does error code 1 mean on Minecraft and methods to resolve this error.
Method 1: Update Graphic Drivers
One of the most common reasons for this error is an outdated or corrupt graphic driver on your computer. An outdated graphic driver can cause failure in running many programs on your computers such as games and other programs. To resolve this issue you can try to update your system’s graphic drivers from the Device Manager. There can be multiple ways to update the graphic card depending on the type you use on your computer. You can check out the 4 Ways to Update Graphics Drivers in Windows 10 guide to safely follow the steps to update the graphic driver installed on your computer and fix Minecraft exit code 1 issue.
Method 2: Repair Xbox App
A very common reason for the Minecraft error can be caused by the Xbox app which can explain what does error code 1 mean on Minecraft. Therefore, before moving to more advanced methods to figure out how to fix Minecraft error 1 issue you can try to update the Xbox app and fix the issues with the app.
1. Open the Xbox Game Bar from the Start menu.
2. Navigate and click on App settings.
3. In the Xbox Windows Settings scroll down and click on the Repair button.
Note: If repairing does not help with the issue you can also try to Reset the Xbox app by clicking the Reset button just below the Repair button. However, resetting the app will move all the app data. Therefore, make a required backup of the necessary media.
Method 3: Remove Minecraft Mods
A new mod can cause a number of errors with Minecraft and cause several errors including a code 1 error. To resolve this issue you can try to disable the mods or remove them entirely.
1. Press the Windows + R keys simultaneously to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type %appdata% and press the Enter key.
3. Here navigate to and double-click on the .minecraft folder.
4. Now, click on the logs folder.
5. Locate and open the latest.txt file.
6. Carefully check the contents of the file to see if there is a problem with any mods. If there are any problematic mods remove them from Minecraft.
This is an effective method to fix Minecraft exit code 1 issue. If this method does not work try the next one.
Method 4: Change Minecraft Launcher Path
If you are using a Windows account with special characters, this may cause issues while launching the Minecraft game on your device. You can figure out how to fix Minecraft error 1 by changing the Minecraft Launcher Path. Usually, the game stops responding to the launcher Path or the user account. You can fix this issue by changing the launcher path for the Minecraft game to a no special characters path.
1. Right-click on the Minecraft game Desktop shortcut.
2. Here, select the Properties option.
3. Navigate to the Shortcut tab.
4. In the Target section, add the following text at the end of the path.
5. Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
If this method does not help and you still don’t know what does error code 1 mean on Minecraft and how to fix it try the next method.
Also Read: Fix Minecraft Login Error in Windows 10
Method 5: Change Java Executable Path
One of the common reasons for Minecraft error code 1 is the issues with the Java directory. To resolve the issues due to the Java directory you may want to change the Java executable path on your system.
1. Open the Minecraft launcher on your computer and click on Launch Options.
2. Here locate and turn on the Java executable toggle.
3. Edit the Java executable path. Originally, the Java filename is saved as jawaw.exe you should consider changing it to java.exe.
Note: Also, ensure to change the executable file name accordingly in the Java executable path.
Method 6: Reinstall Java Program
If the previous method does not fix Minecraft exit code 1 issues and Java issues you can try to reinstall it to fix the issue.
1. Press the Windows key, type Control Panel and click on Open.
2. Set View by > Category, then click on Uninstall a program.
3. Locate and select the Java program.
4. Now, click on the Uninstall button and confirm the uninstallation.
5. Once Java has been uninstalled from your computer, reboot the PC.
6. Now Download Java from its official website.
7. Run the downloaded setup file.
8. Here, click on Install button in Java Setup wizard.
9. Wait for the installing progress to complete.
10. Finally, click on Close after installing Java.
Method 7: Reinstall Minecraft
If none of the previous methods work for you and you still don’t know what does error code 1 mean on Minecraft and how to fix Minecraft error 1 issue then you can try to reinstall the Minecraft game entirely to fix all the issues with the game.
Note: Back up Minecraft data before uninstalling the game to prevent losing the game data.
1. In the Start menu search, type Apps & features and click on Open.
2. Search and click on Minecraft Launcher and select Uninstall option.
3. Now, confirm the prompt if any, and reboot your PC once you have uninstalled Minecraft.
4. Navigate to the official Minecraft download website.
5. Now, click on Download for Windows 7/8 under NEED A DIFFERENT FLAVOR? menu as shown.
6. Now, click on the Setup file to install the application.
7. Click on Next in the Microsoft Launcher Setup Window.
8. Again, click on Next.
9. Now, click on Install in the next window.
Method 8: Reset Windows 10
Many users who received this issue also reported that performing a reset of the Windows fixed the error for them. Therefore, if you are constantly receiving this error and none of the previously mentioned methods help you with the issue you can consider a reset of the Windows. You can check out the How to Reset Windows 10 Without Losing Data guide to safely reset your Windows 10 computer.
Note: Generally, this method is not recommended as resetting the Windows can lead to the loss of data. Therefore, be cautious while using this method.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What causes error code 1 in Minecraft?
Ans. Minecraft error code 1 is a common error with Minecraft and is caused by improper Java configuration.
Q2. How to fix error code 1 in Minecraft?
Ans. You can follow several methods to resolve the error code 1 issue. Some of the common solutions include updating graphic drivers and reinstalling the Java program.
Q3. Can I reset Windows to fix the error code 1 in Minecraft?
Ans. Generally, resetting the computer is not advised to fix this issue. However, if nothing works you can consider resetting your computer.
- How to Catch Someone Cheating on Snapchat
- 6 Ways to Fix Minecraft Error Unable to Save Download
- How to Put Out a Campfire in Minecraft
- What is Twitch Minecraft Installation Process?
We hope this guide was helpful to you and you were able to understand what does error code 1 mean on Minecraft. Let us know which method worked for you the best. If you have any suggestions or queries for us please let us know in the comment section.