If you are a hard-core gamer, you must be well aware of the Minecraft game. Minecraft is a video game that is loved by most gamers. It allows you to explore new gaming adventures, and merchandise the accessories in the game. You can use it to your will to win the game easily. One of the major accessories is the Campfire. As the name states, it is a block that is used to make a Campfire for you and your fellow players in the Minecraft game. However, there have been few google searches relating to the term Minecraft extinguish Campfire. If you are a player who likes to move to another place in the game and for that reason, you have to extinguish the Campfire you have set, you are at the right spot. The answers to the question of how to put out a Campfire in Minecraft are explained in the article.
- How to Put Out a Campfire in Minecraft
- How to Light Campfire
- Method 1: Let Campfire Burn Out Completely
- Method 2: Throw Block over Fire
- Method 3: Break Campfire
- Method 4: Use Sword or Bow
- Method 5: Use Tools
- Method 6: Use Sand or Dirt
- Method 7: Perform Waterlogging
- Method 8: Place Trapdoor over Campfire
How to Put Out a Campfire in Minecraft
A campfire is a block that is used to light a campfire in the Minecraft game and is an essential part of the game. There are two types of Campfires, namely, the Normal campfire, with red-orange color flames, and the Soul campfire with dim turquoise flames. The Normal campfires emit light of level 15 and the Soul campfire emits light of level 10. Both the campfires can be used to provide optimum results according to your need.
The uses of the Campfire are as follows:
- Act as a spread proof light source for guiding during the nighttime,
- Cook Food, up to four items, during the stay,
- Pacify bees to harvest honey without provoking the bees,
- Send signals using the smoke from the fire to find your home,
- Damage the trap block in the game,
- Campfires can be mined with any tool in the game for breaking purposes,
- They can be placed under note blocks to produce bass sounds,
- To convert soul sand to soul soil,
- To melt snow up to 3 blocks around the fire,
- To repel piglins that are within 8 block radius, and
- You can trade the campfire for a few Emeralds.
How to Light Campfire
Before knowing the answer to the question of how to put out a Campfire in the Minecraft game, you have to know the method to light a Campfire. You can use the campfire for your benefit and if it is not needed, you can consider putting it out.
The Campfires can be lit using the various methods listed below:
- By placing the campfire at the spot required,
- By dispensing flint and steel on the campfires,
- Shooting the campfire with a flaming arrow,
- By using dispensing fire charges, blaze fireballs, ghast fireballs, or
- In Bedrock Edition, the campfires can be lit using any item enchanted with fire or by stepping on the burning item.
The general method to light a Campfire using the raw materials in the game is given here.
1. Place coal or charcoal on the Crafting table with a 3×3 crafting grid and place 3 sticks covering the coal.
2. Place 3 logs of wood of any type at the bottom row of the coal.
3. Use an arrow or a sword to light the entire Campfire setup.
The methods to put out a Campfire in the Minecraft game are explained below in this section. It is advised to extinguish the Campfire only if you feel that you would not be using the Campfire again.
Method 1: Let Campfire Burn Out Completely
The first answer to the search result of Minecraft extinguish Campfire is to let the Campfire burn out completely till it extinguishes on its own. This method is only suitable if you have enough time or if you are not in a hurry to progress to the next level.
1. Let the Campfire burn out completely until the wood in it is turned to ash.
2. Spread out the remaining wood or coal using a stick and wait till all the flames are extinguished.
Also Read: Fix Minecraft Login Error in Windows 10
Method 2: Throw Block over Fire
The next method to put out the campfire in the Minecraft game is to throw a block of wood over the campfire setup to extinguish it. The only thing to note using the method is to use a wood log that is of greater dimension than the regular log. Throw the wooden log on the Campfire from a distance and break the campfire setup.
Method 3: Break Campfire
The Answer to the question of how to put out a Campfire in Minecraft game is to simply break the campfire setup. Use any of the blocks to break the Campfire set up on the game to extinguish the fire. However, you have to be cautious about getting burned due to the fire.
In Bedrock Edition, you can use the Piston or Sticky Piston to push the Campfire setup and break the fire. This would drop one charcoal instead of the conventional two charcoals and after some time the fire would get extinguished.
Method 4: Use Sword or Bow
The next option to extinguish the Campfire in the Minecraft game is to use a Sword or Bow to put out the fire. You can break the Campfire setup using your Sword or Bow and Arrow to put out the fire.
Method 5: Use Tools
This method is a lesser-known method to put out the Campfire. You can use the tools in the Minecraft game to extinguish the fire easily.
- The most common and convenient tool to put out the fire is a shovel. Using a Shovel, you can cover the fire on the campfire using sand or dirt.
- Instead of using the Shovel, you can use other tools like Wooden Pickaxe, Axe, or Hoe.
The Answer to the question of how to put out a Campfire in Minecraft game using the most common tool is explained below. The method to use the Shovel to put out the fire in the Minecraft game is described below.
1. Select the shovel on the game and right-click on the area around the Campfire.
2. Mark the path around the Campfire on the Grass using your cursor to extinguish the fire within the selected area.
Method 6: Use Sand or Dirt
The other method to extinguish the Campfire in the Minecraft game is to throw a bucket of Sand or Dirt over the campfire to extinguish the fire. In this case, you would be needing a lot of sand or dirt to extinguish the Campfire during the game.
Also Read: How to Use Minecraft Colors Codes
Method 7: Perform Waterlogging
An Answer for the search result for the term Minecraft extinguish Campfire is using water resources or waterlogging the Campfire. The method of Waterlogging the campfire can be used to extinguish the flames. This method provides you with affirmative results of putting out the Campfire.
The only drawback of using this method is that it requires a lot of water resources and you may not be able to quench the Campfire easily.
You can use any one of the given options given here as an answer to the question of how to put out a Campfire in Minecraft game.
- Place a block on the campfire block space.
- Throw a splashing water bottle on the Campfire.
- Place a water source over the campfire.
- Allow water to flow through the space above the campfire.
- Using a bucket of water over the campfire.
The method to extinguish the Campfire using a bucket of water is explained below.
1. Select an empty bucket from the utility option.
2. Click on the campfire and the water will get poured over the campfire to put it out.
Note: Alternatively, you can also use a Water Bucket to extinguish Campfire in Minecraft.
Method 8: Place Trapdoor over Campfire
If you would like to have the Campfire in place and use it for any purpose later on in the game, you can use this method. In this method, you can trick the opponents of the Campfire and relight your campfire easily. This option is useful, if you are staying at a particular place for a longer time or if you want to ward off rivals approaching you.
In this method, you have to place a trapdoor, preferably Redstone-controlled, over the campfire. The trapdoor will block all the smoke coming out of the Campfire. After the rivals have deserted the place, you can open the Trapdoor and re-light the Campfire.
- Fix VDS Error Code 490 01010004 in Windows 10
- What is Twitch Minecraft Installation Process?
- How to Connect Microsoft Account to Minecraft on PS4
- How to Change Skin in Minecraft PC
The answer to the question of how to put out a Campfire in Minecraft game is explained in the article. Try following the methods given in the article to put out the Campfire on the Minecraft game. In regards to Minecraft extinguish Campfire, please let us know your suggestions and queries on the same in the comments section below.