Instagram is emerging as one the of most widely used social media platforms in the world. The Facebook subsidiary has become increasingly popular among the younger generation, with its easy-to-use interface and impressive privacy options.
Regardless of its various notable qualities, viewing images on Instagram is still a tiresome process. The platform compresses all the images to a resolution of 1080p x1350p resulting in average quality and uneven cropping. For creators who share and view images on the platform, this can be frustrating as the true quality of their art gets suppressed. If you want to explore the depth and clarity of an image in its highest resolution, here’s a guide on how to view full-size Instagram photos.
Table of Contents
How to View Full-Size Instagram Photos
Method 1: Through Web Browser
Unfortunately, the option to view Instagram photos in their full resolution is only available on browsers and not in the application. For the best results, it is suggested that you log in to Instagram from your PC browser.
1. Open your browser and log in to your Instagram account.
2. Head on to the Profile of the account, whose image you want to see.
3. Select the image you want to view in high resolution.
4. Now, head on to the URL bar at the top of the webpage and type media/?size=l at the end of the URL.
Also Read: How to See People’s Deleted Instagram Pictures
If the URL of the image was https://www.instagram.com/p/CLxY_yIMRDV/
The new URL would be https://www.instagram.com/p/CLxY_yIMRDV/media/?size=l
Note: The character at the end of the URL is a small ‘L’ not a ‘1’ (one).
5. Press enter and view the image in full size.
6. Right-click on the image and select ‘Save as’ to download the image to your computer.
7. With this extension to your URL, you can also find the image in medium and thumbnail quality using the extensions media/?size=m and media/?size=t respectively.
Also Read: How To Fix Instagram Keeps Crashing
Method 2: Use Third-party App
Apart from the lower resolution of images, Instagram makes it impossible for users to see the full size of profile pictures on the platform. Unlike its Facebook counterpart, profile pictures on Instagram, appear in a small circle on the user’s profile and cannot be zoomed or enlarged. If you are unsure about a person’s identity and are unable to recognize them through their tiny profile picture, follow these steps to enlarge and view the profile picture in full size.
1. On your smartphone, install ‘Qeek’ from the Appstore or the Play Store.
2. Open the application and on the search menu, type the name of the account whose profile picture you want to see.
3. After a short ad, you will see the profile picture of that particular account. Tap on the picture to zoom in.
4. By following the above step, The app will have two options, either to view the full image after watching an ad or buying the premium version. Based on your preference, choose any one option.
5.: Once the ad video is over, you will get the full-size profile picture. On the bottom left corner of your screen, you will have the option to save the picture. Tap on it to save the image to your gallery.
Note: There are websites on the internet, that operate similarly to the Qeek application but with much lower success rates. Nevertheless, if you are feeling confident, you can head on to either instadp or thumbtube, both of which claim to show the full-size profile pictures of Instagram accounts. Similar to Qeek, you simply type the name of the account on their search bar and they find the display pictures for you.
- 3 Ways to Remove Phone Number from Instagram
- How To Add Multiple Photos To One Instagram Story?
- How to Recover Deleted Photos from Facebook Messenger
- 4 Ways to Save GIFs on Android Phone
With that, you have successfully managed to view full-size Instagram photos and profile pictures. Due to the heavy amount of content being shared on the Facebook servers, the company may never give users the option of uploading pictures in their full quality. Nevertheless, with these tricks in the bag, viewing Instagram Highlights Views and images of their highest quality is no longer an impossible task.