Do you want to recover deleted photos from your Facebook messenger? Well, Facebook is one of the biggest social media platforms with millions of loyal users who communicate with each other using the Facebook messenger app. Facebook messenger allows you to share messages, videos, pictures, and more. However, when you delete your conversation with someone, all the images that you sent to the user are also deleted. And you may want to recover some important deleted photos. Therefore, to help you out, we have a guide on how to recover deleted photos from Facebook messenger that you can follow.
3 Ways to Recover Deleted Photos from Facebook Messenger
We are listing three different ways that you can use to recover deleted photos from Facebook messenger quickly:
Method 1: Download Information of your Facebook Data
Facebook allows users to download a copy of all their Facebook data. Every social media giant has a database that stores all your photos, messages, videos, and other posts that you upload on their platform. You may think that deleting something from Facebook will delete it from everywhere, but you can recover all your Facebook information as it is in the database. Therefore, this method can come in handy when you want to recover an old picture that you sent to someone on Facebook messenger. Later, you accidentally deleted the conversation along with the photos.
1. Head to your Web browser on your desktop or laptop and navigate to www.facebook.com.
2. Log in to your Facebook account using your username and password.
3. Click on the drop-down arrow menu from the top right corner of the screen and tap on Settings & Privacy.
4. Click on the Settings tab.
5. Under Settings, head to your Facebook information section and click on Download your information.
6. You can now tick the check box for the information you wish to download the files. After selecting the options, click on Create File.
7. Facebook will send you an email about the Facebook information file. Finally, download the file on your computer and recover all your deleted photos.
Method 2: Recover Deleted Photos Through iTunes Backup
You can use the Facebook photo recovery software to recover your deleted photos from Facebook. To use the software, you can follow these steps:
1. The first step is to download and install the data recovery software on your PC:
For Windows 7 or above – Download
For Mac OS – Download
2. After installing, launch the software on your PC.
3. Click on ‘Recover from iTunes Backup File‘ from the left panel on the screen.
4. The software will detect and list all your iTunes backup files on the screen.
5. You have to select the relevant backup file and click on the ‘Start scan‘ button to get the backup files.
6. After you get all the backup files, you can start finding the deleted photos from Facebook in one of the folders in your backup files.
Finally, select all the relevant pictures and click on ‘Recover‘ to download them to your system. This way, you don’t have to recover all the files, but only the ones you accidentally deleted from Facebook messenger.
Method 3: Recover Deleted Photos from iCloud Backup
The last method that you can resort to recover deleted photos from a Facebook messenger is using the Facebook photo recovery software to recover the pictures from the iCloud backup.
1. Download and install the Facebook photo recovery software on your system.
2. Launch the software and click on ‘Recover from iCloud‘.
3. Sign in to your iCloud using your username and password to get the iCloud backup files.
4. Select and download the relevant iCloud backup file from the list.
5. You have to option to select app photos, photo library, and camera roll to get the deleted photos. Click Next to continue.
6. Finally, you will see all the deleted photos on the screen. Select the images that you wish to recover and click on Recover to download them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How can I recover permanently deleted Messenger photos?
If you want to recover permanently deleted messenger photos, then you are mistaken as Facebook does not permanently delete these photos as they are stored in the Facebook database. So if you ever delete photos from the Facebook messenger, you can easily download the copy of all your Facebook information by heading to your Facebook settings>your Facebook information> download file for all your photos.
Q2. Is it possible to recover deleted photos from Facebook?
You can easily recover deleted photos from Facebook by downloading a copy of your Facebook information. Moreover, you can also recover deleted photos from Facebook by using the Facebook photo recovery software.
- How to Recover Deleted Notifications on Android
- 5 Ways to Access Blocked Websites on Android Phone
- How to Use Android Phone as Speaker for PC or TV
- How To Fix Facebook Dating Is Not Working
We understand that losing important or your old Facebook photos can be a tragic loss when you don’t have a copy of those photos anywhere. However, we hope this guide was helpful and you were able to recover deleted photos from Facebook messenger.