Blocking or denying access means fail to open and use the services of the site. Many times, we come across sites that are blocked or deny to provide the services. There are plenty of reasons for this, and no matter what the cause is, we constantly strive to open the site!
Experiencing a situation where a website is blocked? Is the website refusing to provide the service? Well, we have got you covered! We will be providing you with the best, short and simple techniques that will fully resolve your issue within no time. Before we dive into the solutions, let’s understand the reasons for the same.
- How to Access Blocked Websites on Android Phone
- Why Access to some websites is Denied?
- 5 Ways to Unblock Blocked Websites on Android
- Method 1: Use Tor (The Onion Router)
- Method 2: Use VPN (Virtual Private Network)
- Method 3: Use Google Translator
- Method 4: Use Proxy Server
- Method 5: Web Archive
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to Access Blocked Websites on Android Phone
Why Access to some websites is Denied?
1. Government restrictions: Government does not want its citizens to access some websites, it may be due to security, political or global reasons. Also, ISP (Internet Service Provider) may block some unsafe sites too.
2. Business reason: Organisations may not permit access to websites on the company premises. This is so that the employees do not get distracted or misuse it.
5 Ways to Unblock Blocked Websites on Android
We are now going to jot down 5 fast and effective ways to access blocked websites on your Android phone. Just follow up, and you will overcome the blocking obstruction. Here we go!
Method 1: Use Tor (The Onion Router)
Tor is a private browser that conceals your activity from the third-party, hides your visits to websites, doesn’t save cookies, blocks ads, and removes all data. It is a useful tool to access blocked websites on Android.
Here, we are trying to access the website ‘tiktok.com’, and you can see that it’s not accessible.
Now, let us access the blocked website on Android through Tor:
2. Open the Orbot application. Press on ‘Start’ and toggle on the VPN mode and ‘Use Bridge’ switch, and connect to the Tor browser (that we previously installed).
3. Now, select “Connect directly to Tor (Best)” and tap on ‘Request bridges from torproject.org’, it will ask you to solve a CAPTCHA.
4. As you solve the CAPTCHA, your browser will be configured to use the Tor browser.
5. As you can see, we can access the ‘tiktok.com’ website, which is blocked in several countries using the Tor method.
Method 2: Use VPN (Virtual Private Network)
VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a system that provides an anonymous connection over the public network and keeps all your information hidden from third-party. VPNs could be free or paid, depending on the configuration you choose. Below we are going to brief you regarding accessing blocked wevsites with a free VPN.
1. Download and install ‘hola free VPN Proxy’ from Google Play Store.
2. Open Hola and select the application on which you want to enable VPN. Here, we have enabled VPN on the Chrome browser.
And it’s done! Access the website which was previously blocked and you will be able to access it on your Android phone. Some other great VPNs you can try are – Turbo VPN, TunnelBear free VPN, ProtonVPN, hideme.com, etc.
Method 3: Use Google Translator
This method is unique and comes in handy, just follow the steps, and you will be good to go!
1. Open Google Translator.
2. Type in your URL (For example, https://www.tiktok.com/), now tap on the translated URL, and you will get access to the blocked site.
3. Here are the results:
Method 4: Use Proxy Server
Proxy servers are an effective way to reach blocked sites and use their services. These act as a gateway or intermediaries between the client and the website, keeping all the information confidential. Let us try to access blocked websites with this…
1. Download and install the ‘Proxynel’ proxy server onto your device.
2. Open the application and enter the URL of the blocked website that you want to access.
There are numerous proxy servers that one can use, but we will list some of the most popular ones- Hotspot Shield VPN Proxy, Unblock Websites, Cyber Ghost, etc.
Method 5: Web Archive
This is a great way to unblock blocked websites. The web archive is used to keep the old form of websites archived and store so that they could be accessed whenever needed. Wayback Machine is one such website that does this work, so we will be using the site’s services to easily access the blocked websites:
1. Open Web Archive website on your browser.
2. Type the URL of the blocked website, and you will come across the calendar. Tap on the most recent visit (blue circle). Now, tap on the time given, and you will be able to access your website without any hurdle.
That is all for now folks!
We hope your issue is resolved without any difficulty. We will be back with more distinctive and amazing content, stay tuned.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1) How can I access blocked sites on Android without VPN?
You can access the blocked sites on your Android without VPN through the following methods:
1. Change the DNS: Navigate to Settings > WiFi & internet > Press on the WiFi network that you are using > Modify Network > Advanced Settings > Select static IP > Change DNS 1 and 2 > Re-write your Prefered DNS as 184.108.40.206. and Alternate DNS as 220.127.116.11.
2. HTTPS: Many times the URL has HTTP protocol, if you change it to HTTPS, you can access it.
3. Google translator (as mentioned above)
4. Web Archive (as mentioned above)
- How to Unblock Yourself on WhatsApp When Blocked
- Unblock YouTube When Blocked In Offices, Schools or Colleges?
- How to Block and Unblock a Website on Google Chrome
- How to Mirror Your Android or iPhone Screen to Chromecast
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to access blocked websites on your Android phone. Still, if you have any doubts then feel free to ask them in the comment section.