Archived posts are those posts that are hidden and are not visible on your profile, except you no one can see your archive posts. The archive is such a great feature by Instagram that allows you to keep your posts on Instagram hidden from everyone. The archive option can only be seen on the Instagram app for Android and iOS devices. While on the web version of Instagram, there is no option to view your archive posts or move your posts to the archive. A user cannot archive someone else’s posts. If you ever want any of your posts to be hidden from your followers and want no one to watch them, you can move your posts to the archive section. If you have already moved your posts to the archive and want to know how to see archived posts on Instagram, this article will help you with that. It will guide you in steps on how to see archived posts on Instagram and will help you to know what does post archived on Instagram means. Also, you will learn if you can view archived post on Instagram of someone else.
- How to See Archived Posts on Instagram
- Why Do People Archive Posts?
- What are the Benefits of Archive?
- What Happens When You Archive a Post on Instagram?
- How to Find Archived Posts On Instagram?
- How Do I Bring Something Back from Archive?
- How Do I Unarchive My Posts?
- Can You View Archived Posts On Instagram Web on a Computer or a Desktop?
- Can You See Someone’s Archived Posts on Instagram?
How to See Archived Posts on Instagram
You will get to know how to see archived posts on Instagram further in this article. Keep reading to learn more about it in detail.
Why Do People Archive Posts?
On Instagram, people archive posts to hide them from everyone without deleting them. When any post is moved to the archive, it gets removed from your profile, and no one except you can see it in the archive section. People archive posts that are older or not so important to them, but they don’t want to delete them. And they also archive those posts because even if some posts accidentally get deleted, they will still be safe in the archive section on their IG account. Posts like older contests, advertisements, and embarrassing photos usually get moved to the archive.
Also Read: How to View Heardle Archive
What are the Benefits of Archive?
The benefits of using an archive are listed below:
- Posts, Reels, and stories moved to the archive are hidden from your profile.
- No one can view the archived posts except you.
- You can hide your posts from everyone without the need to delete them from Instagram.
- By default, the save story to archive option is enabled on Instagram, which will save your stories to archive once their 24 hours are over, and you can access them anytime from the archive section.
- Instead of deleting your posts, you can move them to the archive and which will act as a backup for all your posts.
What Happens When You Archive a Post on Instagram?
Let’s see what happens when you archive a post on IG:
- On the IG app, when you select any post to move to the archive, that post gets removed from your profile and gets moved to the archive section.
- From the Archive section, you can unarchive it and bring it back to your profile or delete it permanently.
- All the comments and likes related to the post will be hidden along with the post, and no one except you can view it.
It is what happens when you archive a post on Instagram.
How to Find Archived Posts On Instagram?
To know how to see Archived posts on Instagram, just follow the below-mentioned steps:
Note: Make sure you are logged into the Instagram app before following these steps.
2. Tap on the Profile tab from the bottom-right corner of the screen.
3. Tap on the hamburger icon from the top-right corner.
4. Tap on the Archive option from the popup menu that appeared on the screen.
5. Here you will see all your Posts, Stories, and Reels that you have moved to the archive.
This is how to see archived posts on Instagram.
How Do I Bring Something Back from Archive?
Once you know how to see archived posts on Instagram, to know how do I bring something back from Archive, just follow these steps:
1. Launch the Instagram app on your phone.
2. Tap on the Profile tab > hamburger icon.
3. Then, tap on the Archive option from the popup menu that appeared on the screen.
4. Tap on the desired archived post.
5. Then, tap on the three-dotted icon.
6. Tap on the Show on Profile option.
7. From the popup, tap on Show on Profile to move your post from the archive to your profile.
This is how you can bring something back from the archive.
Also Read: How to Mass Archive Instagram
How Do I Unarchive My Posts?
Follow the steps mentioned above to unarchive your posts from the IG app.
Can You View Archived Posts On Instagram Web on a Computer or a Desktop?
No, you cannot view archived posts on Instagram web on a computer or a desktop. If you want to add any post to the archive, you can’t do that on the IG web. The archive section is only available on the Instagram app for mobiles and tablets. The desktop Instagram also uses the web version. Even if you download the Instagram app on your desktop or computer, it will run the web version of the Instagram app only. There are most of the features of the Instagram app that does not work on the web version. And some, like archives, are not even available on Instagram web. Now, you know if can you view archived post on IG web on a computer or desktop or not.
Can You See Someone’s Archived Posts on Instagram?
No, you cannot view archived post on Instagram. Archived posts, stories, or Reels on Instagram are only visible to the user who has moved them to the archive and no one else. Your Archive posts are only visible to you and no one else on Instagram. The posts that are on your profile can be viewed by others. If you put any post in the archive, it immediately gets removed from your profile. And no one, including you, can view your post on your profile. If you want to view your archive post, you need to go to the archive section on the Insta app. Now you know if can you see someone’s archived posts on IG or not.
- How to Lookup Google Voice Phone Number
- How to Watch Blocked YouTube Videos
- How to See Your Old Stories on Instagram
- How to Archive Orders on Amazon App
We hope that you learned about how to see archived posts on Instagram. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.