Discord is a popular communication platform that provides a variety of features and tools for users to interact with one another. The one feature it lacks is an inbuilt screen recorder to capture your beautiful moments. So, if you are thinking about whether does Discord allow screen recording, then the answer is no. But there are ways to screen record Discord, and we’re here to show you how to screen record on Discord mobile. Recording screen Discord on mobile isn’t as simple as it appears, but we hope our tutorial guide helps. With this article, you will also learn how to screen record on Discord mobile with audio. Let’s get started!
How to Screen Record on Discord Mobile
Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to screen record on Discord mobile in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Does Discord Allow Screen Recording?
No. Unfortunately, Discord lacks an inbuilt feature to allow screen recording. But you can still record your screen using third-party software. Will see further in the article about how to screen record on Discord mobile with audio.
What are the Reasons for Recording Video and Audio Calls on Discord?
Recording audio and video calls on Discord is becoming an increasingly popular way of staying connected with friends and family, as well as for work-related conversations. There are many reasons why you might want to record calls on Discord:
- To keep a record of essential conversations: It is often hard to remember all the details of a long conversation, especially if it was in a group setting.
- To capture memories: One of the great things about Discord is that it allows you to have fun conversations with your friends and family.
- To document work-related conversations: In the age of remote work, it is often hard to keep track of all the conversations and decisions that are made.
- To produce content: Recording calls on Discord can also be a great way to produce content such as podcasts, interviews, and vlogs. By recording conversations on Discord, you can quickly and easily capture a wide variety of audio and video content.
Also Read: 15 Best Soundboard for Discord
How to Screen Record on Discord Mobile?
You can screen record on Discord mobile with the help of the phone screen recording in-built feature. Let’s see how you can do that on Android and iPhone.
Option I: On Android Phone
Note: Since Android smartphones do not have the same Settings options, they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any on your device. These steps were performed on Redmi Note 5 (MIUI 11), as shown in the illustrations below.
1. Open the Discord app on your Android phone.
2. Start or Join the desired call on Discord.
3. Now, exit the Discord app and open the Screen Recorder app.
4. Tap on the Settings gear icon from the top right corner.
5. Then, tap on Sound source.
6. Select the Mic option.
7. Return to the Screen Recorder app home screen and tap on the Screen Recording icon from the bottom right corner.
8. Then, tap on Start to start the recording.
9. After you are done with recording, tap on the Stop icon from the bottom right corner to stop the screen recording.
10 Navigate back to the Screen Recorder app and tap on the saved recording to play it.
Option II: On iPhone
1. Launch the Discord app on your iPhone.
2. Start or Join the desired Discord call.
3. Exit the Discord app while being on the call and access the Control Center by swiping up from the iPhone home screen.
4. Then, tap-hold the screen recording icon.
5. Then, turn on the Microphone option. After you turn on this option, it would show Microphone On.
6. After three seconds your iPhone would start recording what is displayed on your screen including the audio. Until then swipe down to return back to the call.
7. Return to Control Center after the call is ended and tap on the Screen Recording icon to end the recording.
8. Then, you can find the recording in the Photos app > Albums > Screen Recording on your iPhone.
How Do You Record on Discord Mobile?
Read and follow the steps mentioned above to learn to record on Discord mobile app.
What is Craig Bot?
Craig is a Discord bot that allows users to record voice channels for free. Each user is recorded as a separate audio track, making it much easier to edit or remove specific users from the recorded audio. Craig can also record multiple tracks at the same time, allowing users to record multiple conversations at the same time. Craig can also be used to record audio from specific users, allowing users to focus on specific conversations and making recording management easier.
Also Read: 14 Best Call Recording App for Android
How to Record Voice on Discord Mobile using Craig Bot?
You may learn how to screen record on Discord mobile with audio by using the Craig bot. Follow the steps mentioned below for the same:
1. Launch the Discord app and Log in to your account.
2. Tap on your server from the left panel.
3. Now, navigate to the official website of Craig bot on any mobile web browser.
Note: Make sure you have a personal server created on Discord as the Craig bot sits in your server. Thereafter, you can invite the server to record the audio chats of different chat rooms by using a few simple commands.
4. Tap on INVITE CRAIG TO YOUR DISCORD SERVER from the screen, as shown.
5. Again, log in to your Discord account.
6. Choose the desired server which you have created from the ADD TO SERVER section.
7. Tap on Authorize, as depicted below.
8. Complete the Captcha test for authorization.
9. Next, go to Discord and navigate to your server.
10. You will see the message that states Craig joined the party on your server screen. Type craig:, join to start recording the voice chat.
11. Alternatively, you can also record multiple channels for audio recording. For example, if you wish to record the general channel, then type craig:, join general.
12. After successfully recording the voice chat on your server, type craig:, leave (name of the channel) to stop recording.
13. Lastly, you will receive a download link for downloading the recorded audio files.
14. Download & save these files in .aac or .flac formats.
Also Read: 16 Best Free Screen Recorders for PC
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What happens if you screen record on Discord?
Ans. If you record a screen share on Discord, the recording will be stored locally on your computer. You can then share the recording with other members of your server, or you can upload it to a cloud storage service or other sharing platforms.
Q2. Does Discord notify when you screen record a video call?
Ans. No, Discord does not notify users when someone is screen-recording a video call.
Q3. Can you screen-record a Discord call with audio?
Ans. Yes, you can screen-record a Discord call with audio. There are several ways to do this, depending on the platform you are using.
Q4. Is the screen record detectable?
Ans. Generally speaking, screen recording is not detectable. However, some applications may have built-in features that can detect when a screen recording is taking place.
Q5. Why is there no sound when I screen record on Discord?
Ans. There could be a few reasons why there is no sound when you screen record on Discord. The major reason is if the sound capture extension is not installed in your Voice & Video settings.
- How to Link Notes in Obsidian
- Where are Screenshots Saved on Android?
- Can Zoom Detect Screen Recording without Others Knowing?
- How to Record Discord Audio
Discord screen recording could be a great way to remember important conversations or review crucial work sessions later. We hope we were able to help you understand whether does Discord allow screen recording and how to screen record on Discord mobile. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.