Discord is a great platform for the gaming community as it allows users to communicate via text chats, voice calls, and even voice chats. Since, Discord is the go-to place for socializing, gaming, holding business calls, or learning, and users need to know how to record Discord audio.
Even though Discord does not offer an in-built feature to record audio, you can use third-party apps to record Discord audio effortlessly. To help you out, we have compiled a small guide that you can follow to record Discord audio on your smartphones and computers.
Note: We do not recommend recording the Discord audio chats without the consent of the other party. Please ensure you have permission from others in the conversation to record audio.
How to Record Discord Audio on Android, iOS, and Windows 10
How to Record Discord Audio on Android devices
If you use the Discord app on your Android device, you must be aware that third-party applications or inbuilt audio recorders do not work. However, there is an alternate solution: Discord’s recording bot, Craig. Craig was created especially for Discord to provide the feature of multi-channel recording. It means recording and saving multiple audio files, all at once. Evidently, the Craig bot is time-saving and easy to use.
Note: Since smartphones don’t have the same Settings options, and they vary from manufacturer to manufacture hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any.
Follow these steps to record Discord audio on your Android phone:
1. Launch the Discord app and log in to your account.
2. Tap on Your Server from the left panel.
3. Now, navigate to the official website of Craig bot on any web browser.
4. Select Invite Craig to your Discord server button from the screen, as shown.
Note: Make sure you have a personal server created on Discord as the Craig bot sits in your server. Thereafter, you can invite the server to record the audio chats of different chat rooms by using a few simple commands.
5. Again, log in to your Discord account.
6. Tap on the drop-down menu for the option marked Select a server. Here, choose the server which you have created.
7. Tap on Authorize, as depicted below.
8. Complete the Captcha test for authorization.
9. Next, go to Discord and navigate to your server.
10. You will see the message that states Craig joined the party on your server screen. Type craig:, join to start recording the voice chat. Refer to pic below.
11. Alternatively, you can also record multiple channels for audio recording. For example, if you wish to record the general channel, then type craig:, join general.
12. After successfully recording the voice chat on your server, type craig:, leave (name of the channel) to stop recording.
13. Lastly, you will receive a download link for downloading the recorded audio files.
14. Download & save these files in .aac or .flac formats.
How to Record Discord Audio on iOS devices
If you have an iPhone, then follow the same steps as discussed for Android phones as the process for using the Craig bot for audio recording is similar for both Android and iOS devices.
Also Read: How to Fix No Route Error on Discord
How to Record Discord Audio on Windows 10 PC
If you want to record voice chats from the Discord desktop app or its web version on your PC, you can do so by either utilizing Craig bot or using third-party applications. Read below to learn how to record Discord audio on Windows 10 PC:
Method 1: Use Craig bot
Craig bot is the best option to record audio on Discord because:
- It not only provides the option to record the audio of multiple voice channels simultaneously but also offers to save these files separately.
- Craig bot can record for up to six hours in one go.
- Interestingly, Craig does not allow immoral recording without the consent of other users. Thus, it will display a label to indicate to them that it is recording their voice chats.
Note: Make sure you have a personal server created on Discord as the Craig bot sits in your server. Thereafter, you can invite the server to record the audio chats of different chat rooms by executing a few simple commands.
Here is how to record Discord audio using Craig bot on your Windows PC:
1. Launch the Discord app and log in to your account.
2. Click on Your Server from the panel on the left.
3. Now, head over to the official website of Craig bot.
4. Click on Invite Craig to your Discord server link from the bottom of the screen.
5. In the new window that now appears on your screen, select Your server and click on the Authorize button, as shown below.
6. Complete the captcha test to provide the authorization.
7. Exit the window and open Discord.
8. Craig joined the party message will be displayed here.
9. To start recording Discord audio, type the command craig:, join (name of the channel) to begin recording. Craig will enter the voice channel and will automatically start recording the audio.
10. To stop recording, use the command craig:, leave (name of the channel). This command will force Craig bot to leave the channel and stop recording.
11. Alternatively, if you are recording multiple channels at once, you can use the command craig:, stop.
12. Once Craig, bot stops recording, you will get download links for downloading the audio files thus created.
Furthermore, you can check out other commands to use the Craig bot here.
Method 2: Use OBS Recorder
The OBS recorder is a popular third-party application to record voice chats on Discord:
- It is free to use.
- Moreover, it offers a screen recording feature.
- There is a dedicated server allocated to this tool as well.
Here is how to record Discord audio with OBS:
1. Open any web browser and download the OBS audio recorder from the official website.
Note: Remember to install the OBS version compatible with the operating system version of your computer.
2. After successfully downloading and installing the application, launch OBS Studio.
3. Click on the (plus) + icon under the Sources section.
4. From the given menu, select Audio Output Capture, as shown.
5. Next, type the name of the file and click on OK in the new window.
6. A Properties window will appear on your screen. Here, select your output device and click on OK, as depicted below.
Note: It is a good practice to test the tool before you begin recording Discord audio. You can check the Audio sliders under the Audio mixer section by confirming that they are moving while picking up audio.
7. Now, click on Start recording under the Controls section from the bottom-right corner of the screen. Refer to the given pic.
8. OBS will automatically start recording the Discord audio chat that you play on your system.
9. Lastly, to access the recorded audio files, click on File > Show Recordings from the top-right corner of the screen.
Also Read: Fix Discord Screen Share Audio Not Working
Method 3: Use Audacity
An alternate to use OBS audio recorder is Audacity. Its noteworthy features include:
- It is a free tool that you can use to record Discord audio.
- Audacity is compatible with different operating systems viz Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- You can easily go through different file format options while using Audacity.
However, with Audacity, you can only record one person at a time. You don’t have the option of recording multiple speakers, talking at the same time, or multiple channel recording. Yet, it is considered to be a great tool to record podcasts or voice chats on Discord.
Here is how to record Discord audio with Audacity:
1. Launch a web browser and download Audacity from the official website.
2. After successful installation, launch Audacity.
3. Click on Edit from the top.
4. Next, click on the Preferences option, as shown.
5. Select the Devices to tab from the panel on the left.
6. Click on the Device drop-down menu under the Recording section.
7. Here, select Microphone and click on OK, as depicted below.
8. Launch Discord and go to the voice channel.
9. Navigate to the Audacity window and click on the Red dot icon from the top to start recording. Refer to pic below for clarity.
10. Once you are done recording, click on the black square icon from the top of the screen to stop recording on Discord.
11. To download the recording, click on Export and browse to the location where you want the file to be saved.
- How to Completely Uninstall Discord on Windows 10
- Fix You Are Being Rate Limited Discord Error
- How to Disable Discord Notifications
- Fix Twitter Error: Some of your media failed to upload
We hope our guide on how to record Discord audio was helpful, and you were able to record the necessary audio chats on your phone/computer after taking due consent from the other parties involved. If you have any queries, then feel free to drop them in the comment section.