Bumble is one of the most popular dating apps available today. It is a dating app that is usually atop the charts for this category of apps. Whether you want to change your profile settings, clear your matches, or delete your account entirely, we’ve got you covered. Learn how to reset Bumble quickly and easily using this guide.
How to Reset Bumble
Although dating apps in general are a dozen on the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store, there are unique features in Bumble that distinguish it from the rest. One of the most unique draws of this app is that it requires female users to message first and make the first move. This is a major USP of Bumble. Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to reset Bumble in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Follow the below steps to reset Bumble:
1. Open Bumble app and tap on the Profile icon.
2. Tap on the settings icon.
3. Then, swipe down and tap on Delete account.
4. Type delete in the text field and tap on CONFIRM.
Can You Reset Bumble without Deleting?
No. Unfortunately, it is not possible to reset Bumble without deleting your account. To properly reset your Bumble account, you have to delete your account first. It means you also have to ensure you do not simply reinstall the app before deleting your account. Likewise, you cannot expect to be able to set up a new account by simply uninstalling the app from your phone. There are also some important things to note when you want to reset your Bumble account. We have got you covered on the proper steps for resetting your account.
Can You Restart Bumble Account?
Yes. You can restart your Bumble account. All you have to do in order to restart an account is to first delete the account. Likewise, you have to make sure that you delete the account properly. After successfully deleting your account, you can wait for 24 hours and set up a new account. This will allow you to restart your account from scratch.
You may be wondering why you have to wait for 24 hours. Although it is possible to set up a new account after the deletion, Bumble may penalize users who repeatedly delete and create a new account with the same linking accounts. When you take all these into account, knowing how to reset Bumble helps you in restarting your Bumble Account. You can now understand whether or not can you restart Bumble account.
Also Read: Tinder vs Bumble: The Best Dating App
How to Reset Bumble?
In order to reset an account, you have to first delete your current Bumble account and then create a new account. Knowing how to reset Bumble can be very helpful when facing issues or you just want a fresh start. There are also two important methods on how you can delete your Bumble Account. You can follow the method that is valid for your account and then create a new account. Therefore, it is important first to learn how to delete Bumble account.
Step I: Delete Current Bumble Account
Let’s see the two methods to delete current Bumble account.
Option I: Delete Bumble Account from App
2. Tap on the Profile icon.
3. Tap on the cog wheel icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
4. Then, swipe down to the bottom and tap on the Delete account option.
5. From the pop-up menu, type delete in the text field.
6. Finally, tap on CONFIRM.
Also Read: How to Delete Prompts on Bumble
Option II: Remove Bumble from Facebook Account
Note: Make sure you are logged into your Facebook account.
2. Tap on the hamburger icon from the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Tap on the cog wheel icon from the top-right corner.
4. Swipe down to the Permissions section and tap on the Apps and websites option.
5. Tap on the Bumble option.
6. Tap on the Remove option.
7. Confirm by tapping the Remove option again.
8. Now, open the Bumble app to move forward to reset Bumble.
9. Tap on the Profile icon.
10. Tap on the cog wheel icon from the top-right corner.
11. Swipe down to the bottom of the Settings menu and tap on the Delete account option.
12. Now, type in delete in the text field to reset Bumble.
13. Finally, tap on CONFIRM to delete.
Also Read: How to Reset Siri on iPhone
Step II: Create New Bumble Account
After successfully deleting your Bumble account, you can now get started with creating a new account. It is relatively simple to do this. You can follow the step-by-step guide below.
1. Open the Bumble app.
2. Select either Continue with Facebook or Use mobile number option.
3. Enter all the necessary details for the profile.
4. Finally, start swiping on profiles.
What Happens When You Delete Bumble Account?
Your account is permanently deleted when you delete your Bumble account. Consequently, you cannot do anything to recover your account once it is deleted. It is therefore critical that you make sure you are okay with losing your account before deleting it. After successfully deleting your Bumble account, you can set up a new Bumble account.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Can you open a new Bumble account after deleting it?
Ans. Yes, you can simply open a new Bumble account after deleting your account.
Q2. Can you restart your Bumble account without deleting it?
Ans. No, it is not possible to delete your Bumble account without deleting it. Likewise, you have to permanently delete your account and all its data before starting anew.
Q3. How long do you have to wait to open a new Bumble account after deleting an account?
Ans. You can simply open a new Bumble account after deleting an account. Although it is possible to do this, it is recommended that you should wait at least 24 hours before opening a new account with the same number or Facebook account linked.
Q4. Does resetting your Bumble account repeatedly cause problems?
Ans. Yes, resetting your Bumble account repeatedly by deleting and reopening a new account can result in getting penalized.
- Is There an Instagram Ghost Followers Remover App?
- Hinge Vs. Tinder: Which Dating App is Better?
- Does Bumble Show Inactive Profiles?
- What Happens When You Delete Tinder Account?
We hope that this guide was helpful and that you were able to learn how to reset Bumble. If you have any questions or suggestions, then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.