Siri is one of the most loved features of iPhone users, as it helps users to do various tasks on their device without much effort. Siri makes use of machine learning to answer questions raised by users, control devices, and provide suggestions to users. It is a smart assistant, and people can communicate with Siri in various voices across many languages. If you want to learn how to reset Siri on iPhone 12, read this article carefully.
Table of Contents
How to Reset Siri on iPhone
Siri which is available on Apple devices has access to in-built applications present on your Apple device, such as mail, messages, contacts, maps, Safari, and more. Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to reset Siri on iPhone 12 in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
How to Reset Siri on iPhone?
To make yourself familiar with how to reset Siri on iPhone 12, follow the steps mentioned below by us:
1. Launch iPhone Settings.
2. Then, tap on Siri & Search option.
3. After that, turn off and turn on the toggle for the Listen for “Hey Siri” and Press Side Button for Siri options.
4. Now, navigate to Settings > General > Keyboard.
5. Then, turn off and turn on the toggle for the Enable Dictation option.
6. Navigate to Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services > Siri & Dictation.
7. Next, turn off and turn on the toggle for the Location Services option and choose Never.
Also Read: Why Does my Siri Sound Weird?
How to Reset Siri to Recognize Your Voice?
After learning how to reset Siri, now let’s discuss how you can reset Siri so that it recognizes your voice, follow the steps mentioned below to reset Siri to recognize your voice:
1. First, navigate to the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Then, tap on Siri & Search option.
3. After that, turn off the toggle for the Listen for “Hey Siri” option.
4. Wait for a while and then turn on the toggle for the Listen for “Hey Siri” option again.
5. Follow the onscreen instructions to set up Siri again successfully. Abide by the prompts given on the screen and repeat the commands given aloud so that Siri can listen to the way you speak or communicate
6. After done, tap on the Done option.
Also Read: Why are My Notifications Not Making Sound on iPhone?
How to Reset Voice Recognition on My iPhone?
You can read and follow the steps mentioned above to reset Siri voice recognition on your iPhone.
To make the voice recognition work better on your device, keep in mind some important ideas:
- Make sure that you speak to Siri in the tone you speak every day instead of yelling or whispering because doing this would create difficulties in activating it while you are using it daily on your device.
- Besides that, speak naturally and maintain the normal speed while you communicate with Siri as it would improve voice recognition and would prevent any sort of issues relating to Siri not responding back while you communicate with Siri.
How to Fix Hey Siri Not Working on iPhone?
There are times when Hey Siri on your iPhone does not work. If you have also come across such a problem any day then don’t be tense because you can have a look at our article on How to Fix Hey Siri Not Working on iPhone to learn how you can fix this issue. This problem can be solved by various methods, such as restarting your device, updating iOS to the latest version, turning off low power mode, and more to reset Siri.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How to change my personal information on Siri?
Ans. If you wish to change your personal information on Siri to improve communication with the Apple smart assistant, navigate to the Settings app on your iPhone and tap on Siri & Search > My Information option. If you are able to see your name, then that indicates that Siri recognizes you. If you do not see your name next to the My Information option, tap on My Information, and select your name from your Contacts.
Q2. Why is Siri not recognizing my voice?
Ans. The reasons why Siri is not able to recognize your voice can be that you are not speaking clearly or might have the incorrect language setting on your phone. There can also be a network issue from your side that might be causing this issue, in such case check if your internet is working and if you are connected to a good Wi-Fi network. But if Apple’s smart assistant is not responding to you completely, try to restart your device.
- How to Get iHeartRadio All Access for Free
- Apple Rumored to Launch 3nm based M3 MacBook Air in 2023
- Why I Cannot Remove Device from Alexa App?
- How to Reset Plays on iTunes
We hope that you learned how to reset Siri on iPhone 12. Feel free to contact us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.