Ever asked Siri a question only to be met with a weird and muffled response? Frustrating, right? If you’re wondering why your Siri sounds off, you’re in the right place. In this brief guide, we’ll unravel the mystery behind Siri’s peculiar tones and explore practical solutions to get your virtual assistant sounding crisp and clear again.
Why Does my Siri Sound Weird?
If you happen to encounter a muffled Siri voice, there may be a couple of reasons behind it. Let us have a look at why you keep hearing weird Siri voice:
- The low power of the device is many of the first reasons to cause a muffled voice of Siri. If your Apple device is running out of power, it is better to check if your device has enough power. If it is running on a low battery then charge your device to overcome the voice issue.
- One of the primary reasons to have caused this problem is a recent update. Many users have encountered Siri’s muffled voice after they updated their devices to iOS 15.1.
- AirPods are a great Apple accessory and are frequently used by people while driving or during work. In case your AirPods are not clean or are dirty, they can be behind the weird Siri sounds. So, make sure to clean them well using alcohol wipes.
- It is always important to turn off your gadget once in a while. If you haven’t done so for a week, it is time you turn off the device and then turn it on back again as the long run time can also lead to this problem and keep you wondering why does my Siri sound weird.
- Another reason that has been seen to cause issues with the Siri voice is bugs. If your Apple device has third-party apps installed, they can bug down your gadget easily. You can try to uninstall these apps and not download anything that could be a scam.
- Cookies stored in your Apple device can also slow down the way Siri speaks. Try using a VPN or switching to a private browser to avoid facing such issues.
- Involuntary changes to Siri’s voice settings can also be a reason behind this problem.
How to Fix Siri Sound Weird Problem
Now that you are well aware of the reasons that can result in the jarred voice of Siri, it is now time to look at the solutions that can fix this issue.
Note: The following steps can be performed on an iPhone.
Method 1: Restart Apple Device
The first step to take to fix the Siri sound issue is to restart the Apple device that you are using. Restarting helps to overcome minor issues that can lead to such a problem.
1. Press and hold the volume down button and power button of your iPhone.
2. Now, swipe the slide to power off option to the right.
3. Once done, press and hold the lock button on the side of your iPhone.
4. When the iPhone boots up, press and hold the lock button to bring Siri up.
5. Give Siri a command or ask it a question to check if it sounds natural now.
Method 2: Disable Low Power Mode
If restarting your device did not help you with why does Siri sound weird on the low power mode issue, then you can try disabling the low power mode on your Apple device. Even though this mode is extremely helpful in saving battery, it can sometimes also affect the Siri’s voice. So, try to disable the low power mode with the help of the following steps:
1. Open Settings of your iPhone.
2. Now, tap on the Battery option.
3. Next, toggle off the Low Power Mode option in it.
You can also try charging your device to the fullest to avoid such an issue.
Also Read: How to Put App Back on Home Screen on iPhone
Method 3: Reset Siri’s Voice
You cannot only use Siri to execute different commands, but you can also customize it. Try resetting Siri’s voice if you are still looking for answers on why does my Siri sound weird on maps.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone.
2. Tap on Siri & Search.
3. Next, tap on Siri Voice.
4. Set the voice as per your preference.
5. Once Voice 1 is set, you can also set Voice 2 following the same steps.
Now, that you have manually set Siri’s voice, try using the feature again to check if Siri sounds normal.
Method 4: Check Device’s Storage
You can also try checking your device storage to make sure that it is not a reason to cause such a sound while using Siri. Siri has multiple voice options and accents which can be set according to customization. To go ahead with applying these effects, it is important to make sure you have enough storage. You must have 500 MB of free space on your phone to make these customizations. If the space is not enough, your device can start deleting Siri audio files and other important stuff. So, make sure you have stored on your device to favor the different voices of Siri.
Also Read: How to Get Rid of Hollow Arrow on iPhone
Method 5: Check for Updates
As mentioned above, one of the main reasons behind the muffled voice of Siri is an update to iOS 15. So, if you are looking for answers to why does my Siri sound weird and ways to fix it, you must check for new updates to overcome the issue.
1. To check for iPhone updates, open Settings.
2. Next, tap on General.
3. Now, tap on Software Update.
4. In case there is an update available, tap on Download and Install.
Also Read: How to See Old Notifications on iPhone
Method 6: Reset Device
If none of the above steps fix the issue and you are still worried about why does my Siri sound muffled, then resetting your device to overcome abnormal Siri voice is the last resort. This can surely get back your Siri’s normal voice. So, you can try to do so using the steps given below:
Note: Transfer all your device’s data to a secure location before performing the following steps.
1. Open your iPhone Settings and tap on General.
2. Now, tap on Transfer or Reset iPhone.
3. Next, tap on Reset.
4. Select Reset All Settings option and move forward with the on-screen instructions.
For more, you can also check our guide on How to Factory Reset iPhone 7.
Hence, this is how you can fix my Siri sound muffled problem.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q1. How can I get my Siri back to normal?
Ans. You can get your Siri back to normal by tweaking its settings on your iPhone. You can try changing Siri’s voice which is explained in Method 3 above.
Q2. Why is my Siri sound low-quality?
Ans. Your Siri sound can be of low quality due to low power mode. You can turn off this option to avoid the low-quality sound.
Q3. Who is the original voice behind Siri?
Ans. The original voice behind Siri is Susan Bennett.
Q4. Can Siri recognize more than one voice?
Ans. Yes, Siri can recognize multiple voices. Anyone can use your device to make recommendations, send and read messages, perform basic functions, make phone calls, and ask queries using Siri on your Apple device.
Q5. How many languages does Siri speak?
Ans. Siri can speak English, German, Dutch, Italian, Russian, and many more languages.
Recommended: How to Ping an iPhone
We hope that our doc was successful in answering all your doubts regarding why does my Siri sound weird. Let us know which section of our guide helped you the most. If you have other queries or suggestions to give, you can leave them in the comments section below.