Siri is Apple’s smart assistant that helps users to interact with their iPhone, Apple Watch, Mac, and iPad more seamlessly. It is one of the amazing features that has made our lives easier in a way that you can do several tasks on your mobile phone without lifting a finger. Siri uses machine learning to figure out suggestions for users, answer queries, or control devices. People can configure it to speak with various voices across many languages. Besides all this, many users have come across Hey Siri not working issues. If you have also faced this problem, don’t worry! In this article, we will discuss how to fix Hey Siri not working iOS 15 and Siri not working iPhone 11 issues.
- How to Fix Hey Siri Not Working on iPhone
- Method 1: Ensure Hey Siri Availability in Your Country
- Method 2: Remove iPhone Case
- Method 3: Clean iPhone Mic Grills
- Method 4: Speak Clearly While Commanding
- Method 5: Restart iPhone
- Method 6: Force Restart iPhone
- Method 7: Update iOS to Latest Version
- Method 8: Allow Siri to Listen for Hey Siri
- Method 9: Allow Siri to Listen When iPhone is Face Down
- Method 10: Set Correct Siri Language
- Method 11: Re-Enable Siri
- Method 12: Enable Bluetooth
- Method 13: Set Up Hey Siri in Silence
- Method 14: Turn Off Low Power Mode
- Method 15: Disconnect AirPods
- Method 16: Re-Enable Dictation Feature
- Method 17: Reset iPhone
How to Fix Hey Siri Not Working on iPhone
Siri has access to every other in-built application on your Apple device, like contacts, mail, messages, maps, Safari, etc. Below we have given the methods to fix Siri not working problem. So read the methods carefully and implement the suitable ones on your iOS device to fox the Hey Siri not working iOS 15 problem.
Method 1: Ensure Hey Siri Availability in Your Country
Siri and by extension, Hey Siri are not available in all countries and regions thus make sure whether it is available for your country. Also, make a note that Siri is available on your device. Apple allows Siri to be available for iPhone 4s and later. Visit the iOS Feature Availability page on your browser to see the Siri region and language availability.
Method 2: Remove iPhone Case
If the microphone slots at the bottom of your iPhone, inside the top earpiece, or next to the camera are blocked by the case you are using, you should remove the case. It will help the mic to catch your Siri commands and implement those quickly.
Method 3: Clean iPhone Mic Grills
The dirt and gunk in the microphone grills can also cause this issue. Thus, you should use a soft cloth to remove the dirt and other gunk.
Note: Make sure you do not use a metal object like a needle or wire, as these objects might cause severe damage to your iPhone mic.
Method 4: Speak Clearly While Commanding
Make sure whenever you make any request or command from Siri, it is correct and clear. And also pronounce the words or sentences in a way that Siri understands.
Also Read: Why Does my Siri Sound Weird?
Method 5: Restart iPhone
There are times when you come across Hey Siri not working on iPhone issue. In this case, you can try to restart or reboot your device to fix the issue. It will refresh the system from freezing and glitches. You can read our article on How to Restart iPhone X to learn how to restart.
Method 6: Force Restart iPhone
To fix hey Siri not working issue, you can try to Force restart your iPhone as this can help to fix the problem. If you want to know how to force restart iPhone, you can read our article on How to Force Restart iPhone X.
Method 7: Update iOS to Latest Version
You might face Siri not talking issue if you have not updated your iPhone to the latest version as the bugs and glitches in your iPhone can disturb the functionality of your device. So, update your iPhone when the new update is there. If you want to learn how to update your device then follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Launch iPhone Settings.
2. Tap on the General option.
3. Next, tap on the Software Update option.
4. Tap on the Download and Install option.
Note: If a message appears asking you to temporarily remove apps because iOS needs more space for the update, tap on Continue or Cancel.
5A. If you want the update to occur immediately, tap on the Install option.
5B. Or, if you tap on Install Tonight and plug your iOS device into power before you sleep, your device will be updated automatically overnight.
Note: You are also given the option to install the software later by choosing to Remind Me Later.
Keep reading to learn more methods to fix the Siri not working iPhone 11 issue.
Method 8: Allow Siri to Listen for Hey Siri
To learn how to set up hey Siri correctly so that you do not face hey Siri not working issue, follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. On the Settings app, tap on the Siri & Search option.
2A. Turn on the toggle for the Listen for “Hey Siri” option.
2B. If it is already turned on, turn off the toggle and then turn it back on.
Also Read: How to Turn Off Low Data Mode on iPhone
Method 9: Allow Siri to Listen When iPhone is Face Down
For hey Siri feature to work make sure that your iPhone is not facing downward on a table or bed because then it will not work. For this feature to work, your iPhone screen should be facing upward. But if you wish the hey Siri feature should function when your device is facing downwards or is covered, follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Navigate to the Settings app.
2. Next, tap on Accessibility > Siri.
3. Then, turn on the toggle for the Always Listen for “Hey Siri” option.
Method 10: Set Correct Siri Language
Make sure that Siri language is set correctly to prevent hey Siri not working issue. Siri would respond most of the time correctly when the language is set appropriately.
For instance, if you are from the United States, you should set the language as English (United States). If you set English (India) or English (United Kingdom), Siri may not respond and recognize you all the time due to a different accent.
To set the language abide by the steps mentioned below:
1. First, open Settings on your iPhone and tap on Siri & Search option.
2. Then, tap on the Language option and select the desired language from the list.
Method 11: Re-Enable Siri
Another way to fix hey Siri not working issue is by opting for this method. To learn how to disable and re-enable Siri, follow the steps given below:
1. Navigate to Settings on your iPhone.
2. Then, tap on Siri & Search option.
3. Next, turn off the toggles for the following options from this menu screen.
- Listen for “Hey Siri”
- Press Side Button for Siri
- Allow Siri When Locked
4. Now, restart your iPhone.
5. Then, navigate to Settings > Siri & Search and turn on the toggles for the above-mentioned option once again.
Method 12: Enable Bluetooth
If you have many devices like Mac, Apple Watch, iPad, etc., that work with Hey Siri, make sure that Bluetooth is turned on these devices because when you say Hey Siri around many supported devices, they all use Bluetooth to communicate with each another and decide which device they should respond to your request.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Next, tap the Bluetooth option on your device.
3. Then, turn on the toggle for the Bluetooth option.
Method 13: Set Up Hey Siri in Silence
When you set up hey Siri in a noisy environment with background noises, you might come across a hey Siri not working issue as Siri might not recognize some words. When you set up Siri in a quite environment then the setup process will catch your actual voice. To set up hey Siri, follow the steps mentioned below.
1. First, go to the Settings app.
2. After that, tap on Siri & Search option.
3. From here, turn off the toggle for the Listen for “Hey Siri” option if it is already turned on.
4. Next, move to a quieter area and turn on the toggle for the Listen for “Hey Siri” option once again.
5. Follow the onscreen instructions to set up Siri again successfully.
Read further to understand more additional methods to fix the Siri not working iPhone 11 issue.
Method 14: Turn Off Low Power Mode
The low power mode disables some features on your device so that the battery of your device can be conserved. The color of the battery level changes to yellow when the low power mode is turned on. If you wish to preserve the battery of your iPhone, you can keep the low power mode turned on.
But in some cases, you can face hey Siri not working iPhone 13 if this feature is turned on. So, you can turn off the low power mode feature. Follow the steps mentioned below to turn off Low Power Mode.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the Battery option.
3. Next, turn off the toggle for the Low Power Mode option to fix the Hey Siri not working iPhone 11 or iOS 15 problem.
Also Read: How to Turn Off Incognito Mode on iPhone
Method 15: Disconnect AirPods
The wireless earphones from Apple like AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, AirPods (3rd generation), AirPods (2nd generation), etc., support Hey Siri. So, if you are not using your earphones and leave your wireless earphones connected, your iPhone may not respond when you say Hey Siri and you might face hey Siri not working issue. To resolve this issue,
- Wear your earphones,
- Put earphones (AirPods) in their case, or
- Disconnect AirPods from your iPhone
Let’s see the steps to disconnect AirPods from your iPhone:
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Then, tap on the Bluetooth option.
3. Locate and tap on your AirPods.
4. After that, tap on the i icon from the right of your listed AirPods device.
5. Tap on Forget This Device option and confirm your choice.
Method 16: Re-Enable Dictation Feature
If Siri is not recognizing your voice and if you are facing hey Siri not working issue, this might be due to iPhone dictation not working. So, in this case, switch on or off the dictation feature to make Siri work. To learn how to do it, follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Launch iPhone Settings.
2. Next, tap on General > Keyboard.
3. Then, turn off the toggle for the Enable Dictation option if it is already turned on.
4. After that, turn on the toggle for the Enable Dictation option again to make it work again properly.
Also Read: How to Fix Apple CarPlay Not Working
Method 17: Reset iPhone
To resolve hey Siri not working in iOS 15, you can opt for this method. Follow the steps given below to Reset iPhone Settings:
Note: Resetting your iPhone is an extreme measure and it will remove all data and information from your iPhone. After the factory reset, you will have to completely start over again. Make sure to back up all the required data and then follow the upcoming steps.
1. First, go to the Settings app on your device.
2. Next, tap on the General option.
3. Then, select the Transfer or Reset iPhone option.
4. After that, tap on Reset > Reset All Settings.
5. After the reset is done, navigate back to the iPhone Settings > Siri & Search.
6. Turn on the toggle for the Listen for “Hey Siri” option and set up the Siri settings.
This is how you can fix the Siri not working iPhone 11 issue.
- IMAP vs POP3: Difference and Comparison
- How Do I Fix Slow Internet on My iPhone
- How to Fix AirPods Connected but Sound Coming from Phone
- Why is iPhone Better Than Android?
So, we hope you have understood how to fix the Hey Siri not working and Hey Siri not working iOS 15 issues on your iPhone with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.