When Snapchat first debuted in 2011, one of its distinguishing features was the way that Snaps, or images and videos, vanished forever after being viewed. The fact that Snapchat has 363 million daily active users made it obvious that a means to save Snaps would be helpful so that time spent on the platform could be recalled. The solution Snapchat came up with was Snapchat Memories. You may preserve all of your Snaps using Memories so that you can review them later or re-share them on Snapchat or another network. If you use Snapchat, have you ever wondered how to recover deleted Snapchat memories? If you’re looking for more information about Snapchat memories, we’ve put up a useful guide that can answer all your questions, including why did my Snapchat memories disappear and how to recover Snapchat memories my eyes only.
How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories
Snapchat Memories is a private archive of snaps that you’ve saved. In response to users’ requests to be able to preserve the Snaps they take through the app to Snapchat’s servers, Snapchat Memories was introduced in 2016. Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to recover deleted Snapchat memories in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
You’re not the only one who is asking why Snapchat memories disappear. Several theories could be true.
- It’s conceivable that Snapchat is having a technical issue, and your Memories will soon be back.
- As an alternative, Snapchat might have removed your Memories in accordance with a recent rule that mandates the automatic deletion of old Memories that haven’t been viewed in a while.
You can try saving a backup of your Memories to your camera roll or another cloud storage platform if you’re worried about them being destroyed. It’s crucial to keep in mind that Snapchat is only a short-term messaging service and that your Memories may not be secure in the long run.
Also Read: Why did Instagram Delete My Account?
Yes, you can recover disappeared Snapchat memories from both an iPhone and an Android device. To learn how to retrieve lost Snapchat memories, continue reading. In the event that they unintentionally erase something on Snapchat, users can recover it. The bad news is that since the memories are actually relocated to the app’s trash folder, retrieving deleted memories can be a little challenging. Go to Gallery > Trash to retrieve deleted Snapchat photos. Simply tap on the memory you’re looking for to bring up the Restore menu.
Yes, you can recover disappeared Snapchat memories. Ideally, you can find the snap in the Memories section if you’ve already saved it. To access the stored snaps, simply swipe up from your Snapchat home page. You must take drastic action if the pictures are lost from recollections or were never saved at all. For instance, you can use a recovery program, look through your phone’s cache, or access the associated cloud account to recover deleted photos.
Snapchat offers a brief retention period once the snaps are removed from the memory. Simply log in to your account on the Snapchat My Data tab to restore deleted memories. Click the Submit Request button when you reach the very bottom of the list. Your account’s data will begin to be archived by the support staff. A zip file containing your lost memories will be sent to your registered email address within 24 hours. This guide will show you how to recover deleted Snapchat memories on an Android device. Follow the instructions exactly, and the procedures will be simple to complete:
1. Launch the Snapchat app on your Android mobile device.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your account.
2. Tap on the Profile icon from the top left corner of the screen.
3. Tap on the Settings gear icon from the top right corner of the screen.
4. Swipe down to ACCOUNT ACTIONS and tap on the My Data option.
5. Log In to your Snapchat account from which you want to recover deleted Snapchat memories and tap on SUBMIT REQUEST.
6. Tap on the click here link from the Snapchat email you received to download the data.
7. Enter the password and tap on Continue.
8. Tap on the mydata zip file link to download the data file on your phone.
9. Extract the downloaded data file to access your deleted Snapchat memories.
Read this article from the start to learn the reasons why your Snapchat memories disappear.
Despite being a well-liked and safe social media app, Snapchat has certain drawbacks. Many users encounter the same problem with Snapchat’s dynamic UI and accidentally or automatically erase their memories. So, you can read and follow the steps mentioned in the above heading to recover the deleted Snapchat memories on your Snapchat iPhone app.
How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories?
Even across numerous devices, Snapchat is quite good at storing all of your photos for you. Whatever has been saved ought to be automatically backed up in case you misplace your phone or log into a different device. However, if it isn’t, there are a few actions you may take to recover any files that you didn’t delete but that for some reason ended up being lost.
To learn how to recover deleted Snapchat memories, read the upcoming steps.
1. Open the Snapchat app on your phone.
2. Tap on the Profile icon > Settings gear icon > My Data.
3. Then, Log in to your Snapchat account and tap on SUBMIT REQUEST.
4. Tap on the click here link from the Snapchat email and enter your Snapchat account password.
5. Tap on Continue > mydata zip file link.
6. Lastly, Extract the downloaded data file to access your deleted Snapchat memories.
Follow the steps mentioned above to recover deleted Snapchat memories without Computer.
You must first be aware that erased Snapchat memories my eyes only can never be recovered. When Snapchat says your eyes only, they really mean your eyes only, as Snapchat doesn’t have access to such pictures. They are unaware of the information being preserved in that folder.
- What does S Mean on Kik?
- How to Add Multiple Videos to One Instagram Story
- What Happens If You Delete Snapchat?
- How to Delete Snapchat Data
With this guide, we are hoping that you now know everything about Snapchat memories and queries about how to recover deleted Snapchat memories my eyes only. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.