Day by day, Instagram is adding new features on Instagram. It also has some features like blocking someone and reporting a particular profile. Reporting a person’s profile can put their profile in danger, such as not getting enough likes and followers as they received before. If you continuously log in and out of your Instagram, it won’t allow you to log in to your Instagram for two weeks. These negative features are not to make you afraid. These are just introduced to take care of security purposes. There is also a feature where someone muted your posts on Instagram. Often everyone needs peace of mind from every other people. With this option, you won’t be able to see the muted person’s content. So let us discuss how to know if someone muted you on Instagram.
How to Know If Someone Muted You on Instagram
Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to know if someone muted you on Instagram in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
What are Indications of Being Muted on Instagram?
Before discussing how to know if someone muted you on Instagram, you must first know the indications that someone muted your post on Instagram.
- First and foremost, you must check your uploaded post after 24 hours to see whether this person saw your post or not from the list of story viewers.
- If not, then they must have muted you on Instagram. Secondly, you check whether they have liked your recent post on Instagram.
Apart from these two suggestions, there is no option; you can conclude that the person has muted you on Instagram.
What Happens If Someone Muted You on Instagram?
When muting is compared to a lifetime situation, you avoid the person’s date. You won’t go to places where you often see that person available. If someone muted you, you can’t see their stories and post. Let us see more about this topic and about how to know if someone muted you on Instagram.
How Do You Know If Someone Muted You?
There are only two ways to know if someone muted you on Instagram.
- The person who muted your stories and post will no longer be engaged in your post and stories.
- Another way is if a person no longer wants their post to be viewed by you, they mute their profile not to be viewed by you.
You learned that this person muted you on Instagram in these two cases.
How to Know If Someone Muted Your Posts on Instagram?
There is one alternative but not much reliable method you should try to determine if someone has muted you, but it only applies to Instagram Stories and only if you want to concentrate on a single user. You’ll need to make a list of Close Friends and just include that one person if you want to find out if someone muted your Stories.
Here is a guide on how can you tell if someone muted you on Instagram in a few easy steps.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your account.
2. Tap on your profile icon from the bottom-right corner.
3. Tap on the hamburger icon.
4. From the menu, choose Close Friends.
5. Tap on Clear All if your Close Friends list is already created.
6. Enter the desired profile name in the search field.
7. Now, create a story and tap on Close Friends before publishing it.
All that’s left for you to do is wait. Remember that tagging them is not permitted because they will be informed immediately. They may have muted you if after 24 hours your Story vanishes and they didn’t even open it.
Note: As previously said, there is no way to know for sure. Maybe they didn’t use Instagram during that time.
Also Read: How to Unmute Players in Warzone
How to Know If Someone Muted Your Story on Instagram?
There is no specific feature in Instagram to show the list of people who muted you on their Instagram posts or stories. The one who always comments or like your post is no longer interested in that stuff. Likewise, the one who often sees your stories within a few hours is no longer seeing your stories or liking your stories. You can read and follow the methods mentioned above to know if someone muted your story on IG.
How to Know If Someone Muted You on Instagram Direct Messages?
To tell if a person has muted you on Instagram or not, you should check the person’s activities on Instagram. Check their recent activities on the particular post to see if they liked it. If you had currently uploaded a post, but they have not seen your post or story, then this person intentionally not seeing your post or story.
1. Absence of Active Status
- If this person muted you on their DM, you wouldn’t be able to see their active status on Instagram.
- Often notifications will be shown as active before 1 hour or 14 mins, but now you can’t see this on their private dm or chat.
2. Pause to receive their reply
- If you send a message to this person but don’t get back in a second then this person may mute you.
- As they mute you, they don’t get your message notifications. Hence they muted you on DM.
Why Would Someone Mute You on Instagram?
Let us see the possible ways one could avoid you on Instagram.
- Probably it may be your ex or toxic friends muted you on Instagram for various reasons that went between your lives.
- You also need some personal space. You deserve to be happy. After being freed from some toxic stuff, you can also mute the person’s post or story to take care of yourselves.
- Muting some people differs from people who unfollow you. It’s like they don’t want to ignore you in their life. But at the same, they are no longer interested in your social kinds of stuff. It would be so hard if they wanted to unfollow or block the person who may be a relative or a family friend. But muting your stuff won’t affect you or their names. So instead of blocking or unfollowing people, they mute stories and posts.
Through this, you may know why would someone mute you on Instagram.
Why Can’t I Unmute People on Instagram?
- Do you know? Sometimes you don’t even know that you have blocked a person. When time passes, you gradually forget what you have done. And there will be a time you also forget the anger and thought of giving this person a second chance. So you will look to unmute this person’s stories or posts.
- But wonder that you cannot unmute the person’s post or stories. It is impossible to mute the person’s posts or stories that you have already blocked and unfollowed the person. Only after unblocking or following a person will you be able to unmute the person’s stories or posts.
- How to Change WhatsApp Camera Settings
- Top 18 Best Tarot Apps for Android and iPhone
- Is There an Instagram Ghost Followers Remover App?
- How To Mute Whatsapp Calls On Android?
We hope that you learned how to know if someone muted you on Instagram. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what topic you want to learn about in our next article.