If you are a content creator or an Instagram influencer, it is necessary to have a sizeable number of followers. This will increase your chances of landing great deals and attracting high-end brands. However, you may often come across a user that abuses you in comments or send irrelevant messages. In such cases, you must learn how to remove a follower on Instagram. Continue reading this article to know if removing a follower on Instagram is the same as blocking or reporting them.
- What Happens When you Remove a Follower on Instagram
- What Does it Mean by Removing a Follower on Instagram?
- Will they Know if You Remove Someone from Your Followers List?
- How to Know if Someone Removed You as a Follower on Instagram?
- Method 1: Search in Their Following
- Method 2: Search in your Following
- Method 3: Use Followers & Unfollowers App
- If You Remove a Follower on Instagram do You still Follow them?
- If You Remove a Follower on Instagram can They Follow You Again?
- If You Accidentally Remove a Follower on Instagram can You Add them Back?
- If You Remove a Follower on Instagram can they see Your Pictures?
- If You Remove a Follower on Instagram can they see Your Story?
- If You Remove a Follower on Instagram can they still Message You?
- If you Remove a Follower on Instagram will it Remove their likes?
- Is Removing a Follower the same as Blocking?
- What is the difference between blocking and removing a follower on Instagram?
- Why would Someone remove You as a Follower but still Follow You?
What Happens When you Remove a Follower on Instagram
If this thought often troubles your mind then you have come to the right place. Here you will answers to all your questions related to removing someone on Instagram.
What Does it Mean by Removing a Follower on Instagram?
Removing a follower on Instagram means that you are removing the user from your followers list. In other words, this prevents them from seeing your posts and stories on their feed. Moreover, by modifying a few settings on the app, you can also prevent people from commenting on your posts if they are not following you.
Will they Know if You Remove Someone from Your Followers List?
No, Instagram does not notify the user when you remove them from your following. Instead, they will have to manually check that on the app or download a third-party app to keep a tab on who removed them recently.
How to Know if Someone Removed You as a Follower on Instagram?
Do you know how to remove a follower on Instagram and how to know when someone removes you? If not, you have hit the jackpot. Continue reading to know more. Instagram is fairly an easy-to-use app but it does not notify users when someone remove them from their following list.
Method 1: Search in Their Following
1. Launch Instagram on your Android smartphone.
2. Tap on the search icon at the bottom.
3. Next, type their username in the search bar.
4. Once the results arrive on your screen, tap on their Instagram account.
5. Next, tap on Following.
If the user is following you on Instagram, your account will be on the top of the list. However, if you cannot find your account in their following list, it means that they unfollowed you on Instagram.
Method 2: Search in your Following
1. Launch Instagram and tap on your profile picture at the bottom.
2. Tap on Following.
3. Now enter the username in the Search box and tap on their account.
If their username is not showing up in your Following list, this means that they have removed you.
Method 3: Use Followers & Unfollowers App
1. Launch Play Store on your Android smartphone.
2. Type Followers & Unfollowers in search box, tap on Install, and open the app.
3. Next, Tap on Login with Instagram.
4. Finally, enter your Username and Password.
Now you can see who do not follow you on Instagram in Don’t Follow Back.
If You Remove a Follower on Instagram do You still Follow them?
Yes, you do follow an Instagram user even if you manually remove him/her from your following list. This is because the action does not hamper with who you follow on the platform.
Also Read: How to Get Full Screen Instagram Videos
If You Remove a Follower on Instagram can They Follow You Again?
Yes, they can follow you again. Even if you remove them from your followers list, Instagram allows them to follow you again until and unless you block that person by your end.
If You Accidentally Remove a Follower on Instagram can You Add them Back?
No, you cannot add them back yourself if you accidentally remove a follower on Instagram. Instead, they will have to follow back you again. So, if you know them you could ask them to follow you back again.
If You Remove a Follower on Instagram can they see Your Pictures?
It depends. If your account is Public, users who do not follow your Instagram account can still see, like, and comment on your posts. Apart from, they can also watch your stories and reels. However, if your account is Private, removing a follower disempowers them from watching, liking, commenting, or sharing your content.
Also Read: How to Search Multiple Hashtags on Instagram
If You Remove a Follower on Instagram can they see Your Story?
It depends. As mentioned above, anyone can see what people with Public accounts are up to. However, you need to follow private accounts to see their stories, posts, and reels.
If You Remove a Follower on Instagram can they still Message You?
Yes, people can still send you a text on Instagram even if you remove them.
If you Remove a Follower on Instagram will it Remove their likes?
No, this action will not remove their likes and comments from your posts.
Is Removing a Follower the same as Blocking?
No, removing and blocking a follower is entirely different.
What is the difference between blocking and removing a follower on Instagram?
Not that you know how to remove a follower on Instagram, let us differentiate between blocking and reporting. As mentioned above, removing someone on Instagram and blocking them is different. Removing a follower means they will not see your photos or stories in their Instagram feed, but they can see your profile whenever they might want. But by blocking them, they cannot see your profile at all and even when they search your username, it will show no results to them.
Why would Someone remove You as a Follower but still Follow You?
Here are the possible reasons why someone removed you from their following list:
- They are no longer interested in keeping up with your updates.
- They do not want to see your content on their feed.
- Your account does not get the required engagement from the posts.
- You do not post engaging content to keep followers entertained.
- Does Instagram Delete Inactive Accounts?
- How to Delete a Draft Reel on Instagram
- How to Track an Instagram Account Location
- Does Instagram Notify When You Screenshot a DM?
So, we hope that you have understood how to remove a follower on Instagram. Let us know which method worked for you. If you have any queries or suggestions then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.