Instagram is incredibly well-liked by people of all ages, from young children to senior citizens, because it enables users to engage and share life experiences. If you use Instagram frequently, you may be aware that all of your incomplete posts are automatically moved to the drafts folder by the application. The post, which could be a picture, a video, or a reel, will be in your drafts folder if you haven’t posted it yet. When you save a post to the drafts, you can go back at a later time and resume modifying it. While the draft option is important, some users may want to clear up their folders to avoid a messy appearance. If you use Instagram, have you ever wondered how to Delete a Draft Reel on Instagram? If you’re looking for more information about Instagram Drafts, we’ve put up a useful guide that can answer all of your questions, including how to delete drafts on Instagram.
Table of Contents
- How to Delete a Draft Reel on Instagram
- Where are Drafts on Instagram?
- Where is Reel Draft Saved on Instagram?
- How to Delete Draft Reels on Instagram?
- Can You Recover Deleted Reels Drafts on Instagram? Can You Undo Deleting a Draft?
- Why Can’t I Delete Drafts on Instagram?
- How Long Do Drafts Last on Instagram?
- Do Drafts on Instagram Disappear?
- Can People See My Drafts on Instagram?
How to Delete a Draft Reel on Instagram
Instagram, a popular social networking site, is used by one billion people each month. There is a brand-new story, post, or clip added every second. Thousands of fresh users join the app every day. Continue reading this article to know how you weed out Instagram reels drafts and more.
Where are Drafts on Instagram?
Finding posts you saved for later could be tough if you’re not used to using Instagram. Although it makes sense after you figure it out, the system is not the world’s most user-friendly. You can find your Instagram drafts in the IG camera section.
Where is Reel Draft Saved on Instagram?
Instagram has expanded its vast selection of video sharing with the addition of Instagram Reels, which are 15–60 second video snippets with the flexibility to add music, have filters, include stickers, etc. But could reels be written before they were published? Yes, you may draft reels on Instagram before uploading them. To find your draft reels:
1. Open the Instagram application on your Android or iOS devices.
2. Tap on the Profile tab from the bottom-right corner of the screen.
3. Tap on the Reels icon to find all your reel posts and unposted drafts.
Also Read: How to Edit and Save a Draft on TikTok
How to Delete Draft Reels on Instagram?
So, it’s a good idea to delete the previous draft reels if you don’t want your profile to be screwed up. Here is a guide on how to delete a draft reel on Instagram.
1. Open the Instagram app from your Android app drawer.
2. Tap on the Profile tab from the bottom-right corner.
3. Tap on the Reels tab from the profile.
4. Tap on the Drafts folder.
5. Tap on Select from the top-right corner.
6. Select the desired draft and tap on Discard.
7. Tap on Discard once again from the confirmation popup.
There you go! This is how to delete drafts on Instagram with a few simple steps. In addition to the reels, you can also keep other Instagram posts, including photos and videos in the drafts section. Additionally, you can edit your saved draft posts at a later time.
Also Read: Why Did Your Instagram Drafts Disappear?
Can You Recover Deleted Reels Drafts on Instagram? Can You Undo Deleting a Draft?
Yes, you can recover deleted reels drafts on Instagram. For this, you can use create and save backups to access recently lost items. Apart from this, you should be able to access your reel drafts if you’ve been storing them on any kind of cloud storage platform.
Why Can’t I Delete Drafts on Instagram?
You may experience difficulties removing Instagram drafts for a variety of reasons, including:
- Instagram is facing a server glitch.
- Your internet connection is unstable.
- Your device is incompatible with Instagram app.
- You have not updated Instagram app on your Android smartphone.
- Your smartphone contains malware.
How Long Do Drafts Last on Instagram?
Now that you know how to delete a draft reel on Instagram, let us move forward. Instagram allows you to save photographs or videos to share later and are made to last for as long as you’d like. The drafts, however, will expire after seven days and any unposted text will be erased automatically. For individuals who only have a little amount of capacity on their devices, the expiration of drafts frees up space. It is crucial to publish the information before the seven-day window has passed in order to prevent drafts from expiring.
Do Drafts on Instagram Disappear?
It depends. Instagram users often report their drafts disappearing if they uninstall the app from their Android smartphones. However, for others, Instagram reel drafts remain as they were with no changes whatsoever only for a certain period. Other reasons could be:
- One possibility is that you accidentally removed them. The drafts might have vanished if you unintentionally reset or cleared your draft folder. If the drafts were unintentionally moved to the trash folder, you may also verify this by looking there.
- It’s also possible that drafts were lost as a result of a technical error. The drafts may not have been properly saved due to software or internet connection issues. In this scenario, if your device is having issues connecting to the reel website, you might need to get in touch with technical support.
- In some circumstances, it’s also possible that a virus or other piece of malware on your device is to blame for the deletion of the drafts. Always keep your antivirus software and other security tools updated to avoid this from happening again.
If none of the issues mentioned appear to be the problem, it would be wise to get in touch with customer service at the reel website to report the problem and ask why your drafts might have vanished.
Can People See My Drafts on Instagram?
No, only you can view your Reels drafts. They cannot see your drafts, even if they are followers who can access your Reel. Nonetheless, you have the opportunity to examine and make adjustments to the video before making it available for viewing by followers when you post a draft.
- Top 18 Best Free WiFi Calling Apps for iPhone
- How to See Someone’s Activity on Instagram
- How to Combine Two TikTok Drafts
- How to Restore Deleted Draft in Gmail
We hope that you learned about how to delete a draft reel on Instagram. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.