TikTok is a Chinese application that allows its users to create short fun-filled videos on its platform. If you’re a TikTok user, you probably want to know how to edit a TikTok draft in the process of making a fabulous and entertaining TikTok video. You may also be interested in knowing how to save a draft on TikTok and why it doesn’t allow you to download some of the videos. In this article, we will be discussing all of these along with queries to get a clear idea about how to save drafts on TikTok. So, continue reading!
Table of Contents
- How to Edit and Save a Draft on TikTok
- How to Save a Draft on TikTok? How Do I Save a TikTok Draft without Posting It?
- How Do You Save a Draft on TikTok Camera Roll?
- Why Can’t I Save Drafts on TikTok?
- Why Can’t I Save Videos on TikTok?
- Why doesn’t My TikTok have a Save Option?
- How to Edit a Draft?
- Why Can’t I Edit a TikTok Draft?
How to Edit and Save a Draft on TikTok
Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to save a draft on TikTok in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
How to Save a Draft on TikTok? How Do I Save a TikTok Draft without Posting It?
TikTok allows users to temporarily save their videos for later use or post them later. Drafting a video doesn’t mean that the video will be saved on your phone memory, but it will be saved in the application itself.
1. Open the TikTok app on your Android or iOS mobile device.
2. Tap on the Plus icon from the bottom bar.
3. Tap on Upload.
4. Switch to the Videos tab and select the desired video you want to upload.
Note: You can also record the video from the camera TikTok camera screen.
5. Then, edit the video with the available edit options if you want and tap on Next.
6. Now, tap on Who can watch this video and select the Only me radio button from the list.
7. Turn on the toggle for the Save to device option and tap on Drafts.
Also Read: How to Combine Two TikTok Drafts
How Do You Save a Draft on TikTok Camera Roll?
There is no direct way in which you can save a draft video into your camera roll without taking some extra steps. Here are the steps that will guide you to save a draft on TikTok camera roll.
1. Launch the TikTok app on your phone.
2. Tap on the Plus icon > Upload.
3. Switch to the Videos tab and select the desired video you want to upload.
4. Edit the video with the available edit options and tap on Next.
5. On the Post screen, tap on More options.
6. Lastly, turn on the toggle for the Save to device option and tap on Drafts.
Also Read: How to Duet on TikTok with a Saved Video
Why Can’t I Save Drafts on TikTok?
One of the reasons is that, unlike the videos we post on the TikTok server, the drafts are saved in the memory of the app. If you cannot save your drafts on TikTok, the problem might be with the device you are using like it may have run out of storage.
Note: TikTok says that Only you can see your drafts, uninstalling TikTok will discard all the drafts.
Why Can’t I Save Videos on TikTok?
There may be various reasons why you cannot save videos from TikTok. Here are some of the reasons.
- Poor or no internet connectivity
- Bugs or glitches in the TikTok app
- Outdated TikTok app
- Corrupted TikTok app cache and data
- Disrupted TikTok servers
Why doesn’t My TikTok have a Save Option?
As discussed earlier in the article, your TikTok may not have a save option due to the servers being offline. Other reasons might be due to:
- Age Restriction: If you are under the age of 16, TikTok will automatically turn off the download option and you will have to turn it on manually from the settings.
- Turned Off Video Downloads Settings: You might have turned off the Video Downloads settings, so other people may not be able to download the videos that you post on TikTok.
Read this article from the start to learn how to save a draft on TikTok.
How to Edit a Draft?
Here are the steps that will guide you to edit a draft video that is stored on TikTok.
1. Access TikTok on your phone.
2. Tap on the Profile tab from the bottom bar.
3. Tap on the Drafts folder.
4. Tap on the desired draft you would like to edit. The edit page will open up and you can continue editing your draft there.
Why Can’t I Edit a TikTok Draft?
If you want to edit a Tiktok Draft, first make sure to either create or record a video in TikTok and then save it as a draft. Only after you save it as a draft then you can continue with the editing of the draft. If you haven’t created and saved the draft, you will not be able to edit it afterward.
- How to Use Add Yours Sticker on Instagram Story
- Can You Delete One Picture Out of Multiple on Instagram After Posting?
- Why Did Your Instagram Drafts Disappear?
- How to Save Your Video on TikTok Without Watermark
So, we hope that now you have understood how to save a draft on TikTok. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.