Snapchat is a well-known social media app that allows you to instantly share any moment with your contacts, in the form of pictures and short videos. Famous for its amusing filters, Snapchat lets you share your daily life in snaps.
Snapchat score is something that most Snapchat users usually talk about. But not everyone knows about it or how to view it. If you are someone looking for tips on how to increase your Snapchat score this simple guide will explain everything you will need to know.
How to Increase Your Snapchat Score
What do you mean by Snapchat Score or Snap Score?
You must have noticed a “Number” on your profile adjacent to your Snapchat username, that keeps on changing. This number reflects your Snapchat Score. Snapchat calculates your score based on how active you are on the app. Therefore, the more snaps you share with your friends, the more your Snap Score will be.
Note: Snapchat also takes into account other points while reaching your final score.
How to View Your Snapchat Score?
1. Launch the “Snapchat” application and tap on your “Bitmoji avatar” present on the top right corner of your screen.
2. You will see your Snapchat Score adjacent to your Snapchat username. Tap on this “Number” to view the number of sent snaps compared to the number of received snaps.
Also Read: What Happened to Monkey App?
How is Snapchat Score Calculated?
Although Snapchat has not revealed anything about its Snap Score algorithm, users have approximated various factors that may affect this Score. However, one cannot verify the accuracy of the factors mentioned below, until Snapchat reveals information about it.
Snapchat score is calculated based on various factors. These factors, along with the estimated points they contribute towards Snap Score, are given below:
|Sharing a Snap with one contact
|Opening a received Snap
|Posting a Snap on your Story
|Sharing a Snap with multiple users at a time (E.g.: n) *
|Sharing a Snap after inactivity
*n refers to the number of contacts
Many users also claim that maintaining good snap streaks also affects your score. Many others believe that adding new friends adds up to your Snap Score. Snapchat may keep altering its algorithm to calculate your score.
5 Ways to Increase Your Snapchat Score
You might now be wondering about increasing your Snapchat score? Well, here are some tips that may help you with it:
1. Try to share Snaps with multiple contacts: You get one point for each snap shared with one contact, but you get one more point if you share the same snap amongst multiple connections at the same time. In this way, you can gain an additional point by sharing a snap with numerous contacts.
2. Add stories to your profile more often: Adding stories to your Snapchat also adds to your Snapchat score. Hence, you should add stories more often to increase your interaction and your score on the app.
Note: You can share pictures on your Snapchat story by tapping on the “Send to” button and then the “Add to your Story” option.
3. Always open Unread Snaps: As you now know, opening a received snap also adds a point to your existing score; it would help if you don’t forget to open pending snaps in your account.
Note: Replaying the same snaps will not have any effect on your Snapchat Score.
4. Add celebrities to your Snapchat account: You can add known celebrities to your Snapchat account to increase your score. Celebrities won’t even see your snaps, and you would get one point without much effort. On the other hand, your friends might get annoyed by the snaps you share with them. So, if it’s a risk you are willing to take, go ahead with it.
5. Add new friends on Snapchat: Adding new friends does not cost you anything. Even if you don’t know them, you can add them and increase your score. But avoid sharing snaps with them, in order to maintain your privacy as well as their comfort.
Who can view your Snapchat Score?
Only the contacts added to your “Friend list” will be able to view your Snapchat Score. In the same way, you can also view the score of anyone on the list. It is not possible to view the Snap Score of someone that is not on your Friend List.
Is it possible to hide your Snapchat Score?
No, Snapchat does not currently allow you to hide your Snapchat Score. However, if you want to hide it from particular friends, you will need to unfriend them from your account. To unfriend a friend from your Snapchat, follow the steps given below:
1. Open the “Snapchat” application and tap on your “Bitmoji avatar” present on the top right corner of your screen.
2. On the next screen, tap on the “My Friends” option available under the “Friends” section.
3. Select the “Contact” you want to unfriend from your Snapchat and long-press on their “Name”, and then tap on the “More” option.
4. Tap on the “Remove Friend” option from the available options on the next screen.
5. Tap on the “Remove” button on the confirmation box.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I get my Snapchat score to climb up quickly?
You can achieve that by increasing your engagement on Snapchat. You should share snaps with multiple contacts, add stories and add new friends more often.
Q2. How many points do you get for a Snapchat video?
You get 1 point for each snap – picture or video, shared with your contacts. However, you can get one extra point by sharing it with multiple connections.
- How to Know if Someone Is Online on Snapchat?
- How to Get Rid of Best Friends on Snapchat
- How to View Posts on Facebook News Feed in Most Recent order
- How to Fix Failed to Add Members Issue on GroupMe
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to increase your snap score on Snapchat. If you still have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments section.