Snapchat is a great social media app that allows you to instantly share the moments with your family and friends. You can maintain snap streaks, share snaps or videos, add moments to your stories and chat with your contacts on Snapchat.
Although, Snapchat lacks one important feature. The online status of your friend is considered to be vital while accessing any social media platform. But do you know that you can also check the status of your friend on Snapchat? If not, you have reached the right page.
Snapchat does not provide you with a direct option to check if someone is online. However, there are different tricks to know if someone is online on Snapchat. You must read this article till the end to understand how to know if someone is online on Snapchat.
How to Know if Someone Is Online on Snapchat?
As you are aware that Snapchat does not reflect a green dot adjacent to contacts who are online, you must be wondering how to know if someone is active on Snapchat. There are different methods you can follow to know if someone has been online recently on Snapchat or not. You must check all the methods to get the exact information.
Method 1: Sending Chat Message
One of the easiest methods to know if someone is online on Snapchat is to send a chat message to the contact you want to track. The detailed steps for this method are mentioned below:
1. Open Snapchat and tap on the “chats” icon on the bottom menu bar to gain access to the chat window of Snapchat.
2. Select the contact you want to know about and tap on their chat. Type a message for your friend and hit the “Send” button.
3. Now, you need to observe if your friend’s Bitmoji is shown on the bottom left corner of your screen or not. If you see a Bitmoji on your screen, this means the person is definitely Online.
In case, your friend does not use Bitmoji, you can observe a “smiley” icon that turns into a blue dot indicating that the person is online. And if you don’t observe any changes on the chat window, it means the person is offline.
Method 2: Sharing a Snap
You can also get to know if someone is online on Snapchat or not, by sharing a snap. All you need to do is share a snap with your contacts and observe their name on the chat window. If the chat window status shifts from “Delivered” to “Opened“, it means the person is online on Snapchat.
Method 3: Check Snapchat Stories or Posts
Although, it is a very commonly used technique to know if someone is online on Snapchat. But new users face problems while checking the recent updates of their contacts on Snapchat. You need to check if they have recently shared a snap with you or not. Further, you must check their story updates to form an idea about when they were active on Snapchat. This trick lets you know whether your friend was recently online or not.
Also Read: Fix Snapchat Notifications Not Working
Method 4: Check Snap Score
Another useful method to know if your friend is online is to have a eye on the snap score of your friend:
1. Open Snapchat and tap on the “chats” icon on the bottom menu bar to gain access to the chat window of Snapchat. Alternatively, you can also access the “My Friends” section by tapping on your Bitmoji Avatar.
2. Select the contact whose status you want to know and tap on their profile.
3. On the next screen, you can observe a number below your friend’s name. This number reflects the Snap Score of your friend. Try to remember this number and after 5 or 10 minutes check their Snap Scores again. If this number increases, your friend was recently online.
Method 5: By Accessing Snap Map
You may come to know about your friend’s status by accessing the Snap Map on Snapchat. Snap Map is a feature of Snapchat that allows you to locate your friends. This method could be useful only if your friend has turned off “Ghost Mode” on Snapchat. You can know about their online status by following the given steps:
1. Open Snapchat and tap on the “Maps” icon to access Snap Map.
2. Now, you need to search for your friend’s name and tap on their name. You will be able to locate your friend on the map.
3. Below your friend’s name, you can observe the last time they updated their location on the timestamp. If it shows “Just Now“, it means your friend is online.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Can you tell when someone was last active on Snapchat?
Ans: Yes, you can tell when someone was last active by accessing the Snap map on Snapchat.
Q2. How do you find if someone is online on Snapchat?
Ans: By sending a chat message to the contact and waiting for the appearance of Bitmoji, by sharing a snap and waiting for the status to turn “Opened”, checking their snap scores, checking their recent posts or stories, and with the help of a Snap Map.
- Fix Snapchat Messages Won’t Send Error
- How to Get Rid of Best Friends on Snapchat
- How To Fix Instagram Won’t Let Me Post Error
- How to Enable Built-In Screen Recorder on Android 10
We hope that this helpful guide and you were able to know if someone is online on Snapchat. You must follow each step in the above methods to get the exact results. Don’t forget to add your valuable feedback in the comments section.