One of the features that make Instagram the best platform for creators, is the ability to share art and content in the form of posts. There are 8.5 million photos uploaded every day on Instagram, making it ideal for you to share your work.
However, an unforeseen error seems to disrupt the flow of posts on the platform. Users have complained that while posting on Instagram, a message stating “Sorry, there was a problem with your request” pops up on their screen. If you are facing a similar issue while posting on the platform, here’s how you can fix the ‘Instagram won’t let me post’ error and keep your loyal fanbase satisfied.
How To Fix Instagram Won’t Let Me Post Error
Why won’t Instagram let me post?
Being unable to post on Instagram is a frequent issue for many users on the platform. The most common reason for the problem can be traced to a faulty internet connection. Applications like Instagram require a heavy dose of data to operate seamlessly and a weak internet connection could prevent the connection between your profile and the online servers. Conversely, the issue could be caused by factors such as faulty servers, inadequate cache storage on your device, the large size of images, or even a temporary ban that your account may have received. Despite the grave nature of the error, tackling this issue is far from impossible and can be done with the help of the following steps.
Method 1: Ensure You Have a Strong Internet Connection
Although pretty obvious, a weak internet connection is usually the culprit behind this error. The simple nature of the error, often causes people to jump right over it, but before you start trying fancy methods to solve the issue, it is suggested that you re-check your connectivity.
1. From the recent window page, clear all applications by tapping on the Clear All button.
2. Open the notification window by swiping down from the top, and enable ‘Airplane Mode’ for a few seconds.
3. Disable the ‘Airplane Mode’ and you should be able to post on Instagram without much trouble.
Method 2: Clear Cache and Data Storage.
The cache storage of an application often tends to slow it down and hinders its functioning. Clearing the Cache and Data of an application is as good as reinstalling it and operating it from scratch.
1. Open the ‘Settings’ application on your smartphone and find the menu titled ‘Apps and notifications’.
2. Within the ‘Apps and Notifications’ menu, tap on the option that reads ‘See all apps’.
3. Navigate to find Instagram on the list and open its app info.
4. Tap on ‘Storage and cache’ to open up the storage info.
5. Tap on ‘Clear cache’ and ‘Clear storage’ respectively. This should reset all your app data.
6. Close the ‘Settings’ app and log in to Instagram. Your issue should have been resolved.
Also Read: 3 Ways to Remove Phone Number from Instagram
Method 3: Control Instagram’s Data Usage
By default, Instagram is programmed to use a lot of data to function properly. This could very well be the reason that you are unable to post, as most of your internet is being utilized to load posts on the platform.
1. Open the Instagram application and tap on your Profile Picture in the bottom right corner.
2. On your profile, tap on the three horizontal lines on the top right corner.
3. At the bottom of the panel that opens up, tap on ‘Settings’.
4. A list of settings associated with your account will open up, tap on ‘Account’ to proceed.
5. Within the account options, navigate to the setting reading ‘Cellular Data Use’.
6. After opening the ‘Cellular Data Settings’ page, tap on the toggle switch in front of ‘Data Saver’ to turn it on.
7. You can also change, the default network at which, high-resolution media loads. By selecting Cellular + WiFi, you can share the load between both networks.
8. This should save up more data for your posts and fix the ‘Instagram won’t let me post’ error.
Some Additional Tips…
If the aforementioned methods do not seem to make any difference, you can try out these additional tips to resolve your issue.
a) Make sure your post is within Instagram guidelines
Platforms like Instagram are very strict about the guidelines governing a post. There might be aspects of your image or video that violate these guidelines forcing Instagram to stop you from uploading. Try uploading a different picture to confirm this theory and then make the necessary arrangements, so that you do not post anything inappropriate.
b) Try waiting or posting from another device
There is a possibility that because of some actions associated with your profile, your Instagram account has been temporarily banned from uploading content. The aforementioned actions could include, posting offensive content, liking and sharing too many posts, seeing an unexplainable increase in the number of followers, etc. The best thing to do at this time is to wait until the ban is lifted. Its duration could range from 6 to 48 hours. During this time, you can also try posting the same content from another device and see if it works.
c) Contact Instagram Customer Service
The customer service representatives at Instagram are quick to reply and are considerate towards the users. If all the above methods fail, contacting Instagram customer service is the ideal way to go. You can mail them at [email protected] explaining your issue in detail. If your query is valid, they will get back to you within 24 hours and help solve your issue.
- How to View Full Size Instagram Photos
- How to Delete Downloads on Android
- How to Enable Built-In Screen Recorder on Android 10
- Hide Instagram Story from everyone except one Person
With that, you have successfully managed to fix the Instagram won’t let me post error and regained your access to the world’s largest content sharing platform. Happy Sharing!