Snapchat’s Best Friends feature allows you to keep track of your closest connections on the platform, showcasing your top friends in the chat section. However, your best friends list may not always accurately reflect your current social circles, and you might want to remove or get rid of some friends from this list. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to remove best friends on Snapchat, giving you more control over who appears in this exclusive list and ensuring your social interactions reflect your preferences. Whether it’s to update your best friends or maintain privacy, let’s explore the process of managing your Snapchat connections.
How to Get Rid Of Best Friends On Snapchat
Sometimes, you may face problems when a particular contact you don’t even know reflects as your Snapchat Best Friend. Can you really delete your Snapchat Best Friend?
Well, the answer to the above question is a “Yes.” You can delete your Snapchat Best Friend. There are two methods you can use to get rid of Best Friends on Snapchat, follow these steps:
Method 1: Snapping Other Contacts
As you know, your Snapchat Best Friend depends on whom you chat & snap with the most. There is a simple trick for getting rid of your Snapchat Best Friend. You can start snapping and chatting with your other contacts and stop sending snaps to the ones you wish to get rid of. This will help you to delete unwanted Best Friends on your Snapchat.
Method 2: Blocking the Contact
Another useful method to delete your Snapchat Best Friend is blocking them. This would delete all your interactions with your selected contact to zero. Moreover, blocking a contact not only removes it from your Snapchat Best Friend list only but also removes it from your contacts. If you wish to add them on your Snapchat again, you need to unblock them and them back. However, this will notify them as you will be sending them a request again.
1. For blocking a contact, you need to open your Snapchat and then swipe right to reach the chats section.
2. Here, find the contact you wish to delete as your Best Friend.
3. Tap and hold their chat to get a list of options. Here tap on the “More” option.
4. Here, you need to tap on “Block.”
If you wish to add them back to your Contact, follow the given steps:
1. Open Snapchat and tap on your Profile.
2. Here, you need to tap on the “Settings” icon given in the top right corner.
3. Find the “blocked” option on the next screen.
4. A list of contacts you have blocked will appear on the screen. Tap on the “X” sign, next to your contact’s name.
What does Snapchat’s “Friend Emojis” Reflect?
You must have seen various emojis on the chat list of your Snapchat. Each emoji has a meaning, and we have mentioned below the meaning of each emoji that you generally observe on the chat list of your Snapchat:
- Red Heart: You both have been “Best Friends” for two weeks continuously.
- Double Pink Hearts: You both have been your “#1 Best Friends” for at least two months.
- Smile: You both are “Best Friends.”
- Fire: You both have maintained a “Snapstreak” along with the number of days you have been doing this.
- Baby: You both are new friends.
- Gold Heart: You both are “Best Friends” for less than two weeks.
You can also follow the below-given steps to know more about what each emoji on your screen reflects.
How Can You Customize the Best Friend Emoji on your Snapchat?
You can easily customize your Snapchat Best Friend emoji by following the given steps:
1. Open Snapchat and tap on your Bitmoji Avatar to get a list of options.
2. On the next screen, tap on the Settings icon present in the top right corner.
3. Now, tap on the “Customize Emojis” option.
4. A list of emojis with their description will be displayed on your screen.
5. You can change the emoji by tapping on the specific friendship and choose from a list of available emojis to change them.
How to View Snapchat Best Friends List
You can view the list of your Snapchat Best Friend by following the given steps:
1. Open Snapchat and go to your profile by tapping on your Bitmoji Avatar in the top left corner.
2. Now select “My friends” from the given options.
3. The list of your Best Friends will appear on the top.
How to Edit or Change Snapchat Best Friends
As far as editing your Snapchat Best Friends list is concerned, there is no option for you to do so. However, using the above tactics, you can restrict users from entering your Best Friend list. Moreover, selecting a friend and sharing maximum chats & snaps with them will bring them on top automatically.
How can you hide your Best Friends list?
There is no such option to hide your Best Friend list. You can be relaxed because your Snapchat Best Friend list is visible to you only, and no one can actually get access to that. However, in the previous versions of Snapchat, anyone could easily get access to your Best Friends list. With updates, this problem was ultimately solved. So, Snapchat’s Best Friend list is visible to the user only.
Recommended: Fix Snapchat Notifications Not Working
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to get rid of Best Friends on Snapchat. Still, if you have any doubts then feel free to ask them in the comment section.