Snapchat has become a great social media platform for sharing your snaps or photos instantly. This social media app is famous for profuse filters that you can apply to your selfies and pictures.
You must have seen the “Best Friend” tags on your Snapchat. Most users get confused about them and are interested in knowing how to change or delete Snapchat Best Friends. Further, many users are confused about how to get someone off your Best Friends list on Snapchat. Is it really possible? And, if yes, then how?
If you are someone looking for answers to the above questions and want to know about the Snapchat Best Friend algorithm, you have reached the right page as we have done some research and brought you all the information about Snapchat Best Friend and how to change or delete Snapchat Best Friends.
- How to Get Rid Of Best Friends On Snapchat
- What is “Snapchat Best Friends” and its algorithm?
- What does Snapchat’s “Friend Emojis” Reflect?
- How Can You Customize the Best Friend Emoji on your Snapchat?
- How to Make Any Friend as your Snapchat Best Friend
- How to View Snapchat Best Friends List
- 2 Ways to Get Rid of Snapchat Best Friend
- Method 1: Snapping Other Contacts
- Method 2: Blocking the Contact
- How to Edit or Change Snapchat Best Friends
- How can you hide your Best Friends list?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How to Get Rid Of Best Friends On Snapchat
Let us now start by giving a brief about Best Friend and how you make Best Friends on Snapchat. To understand possible ways to get rid of Best Friends on Snapchat, you need to be clear of the Best Friend concept of Snapchat. In order to know how to get someone off your Best Friends list on Snapchat, read this article till the very end.
What is “Snapchat Best Friends” and its algorithm?
Well, you must be aware of Snap Score. Snap score provides you with a measure of the total snaps sent and received from a particular contact since you or your friend joined Snapchat.
Similarly, Snapchat assigns you a score based on the conversation between you and your contact. However, this score is not visible to the users. Snapchat uses these scores to compare and find the friends you chat with the most, and it displays the top 8 contacts amongst your friends as Snapchat’s “Best Friends.”
You can see an emoji in front of your Snapchat Best Friend on the chat list. Moreover, they will be shown in your priority list while sharing a new snap with your contacts. But you can notice more than one emoji on your chat list. Did you know that each emoji means something?
What does Snapchat’s “Friend Emojis” Reflect?
You must have seen various emojis on the chat list of your Snapchat. Each emoji has a meaning, and we have mentioned below the meaning of each emoji that you generally observe on the chat list of your Snapchat:
- Red Heart: You both have been “Best Friends” for two weeks continuously.
- Double Pink Hearts: You both have been your “#1 Best Friends” for at least two months.
- Smile: You both are “Best Friends.”
- Fire: You both have maintained a “Snapstreak” along with the number of days you have been doing this.
- Baby: You both are new friends.
- Gold Heart: You both are “Best Friends” for less than two weeks.
You can also follow the below-given steps to know more about what each emoji on your screen reflects.
How Can You Customize the Best Friend Emoji on your Snapchat?
You can easily customize your Snapchat Best Friend emoji by following the given steps:
1. Open Snapchat and tap on your Bitmoji Avatar to get a list of options.
2. On the next screen, tap on the Settings icon present in the top right corner.
3. Now, tap on the “Customize Emojis” option.
4. A list of emojis with their description will be displayed on your screen.
5. You can change the emoji by tapping on the specific friendship and choose from a list of available emojis to change them.
How to Make Any Friend as your Snapchat Best Friend
Although, currently, it is impossible to make any of your contacts as Snapchat Best Friends as per your preferences. But there is a solution that will help you make your desired contact as your Best Friend. Share the maximum snaps & chats with the person you wish to make your Best Friend on Snapchat and also convenience them to do the same for a few days. This will help you make your desired contact as Snapchat Best Friend as your chat score will increase compared to your other contacts.
How to View Snapchat Best Friends List
You can view the list of your Snapchat Best Friend by following the given steps:
1. Open Snapchat and go to your profile by tapping on your Bitmoji Avatar in the top left corner.
2. Now select “My friends” from the given options.
3. The list of your Best Friends will appear on the top.
2 Ways to Get Rid of Snapchat Best Friend
Sometimes, you may face problems when a particular contact you don’t even know reflects as your Snapchat Best Friend. Can you really delete your Snapchat Best Friend?
Well, the answer to the above question is a “Yes.” You can delete your Snapchat Best Friend. There are two methods you can use to get rid of Best Friends on Snapchat, follow these steps:
Method 1: Snapping Other Contacts
As you know, your Snapchat Best Friend depends on whom you chat & snap with the most. There is a simple trick for getting rid of your Snapchat Best Friend. You can start snapping and chatting with your other contacts and stop sending snaps to the ones you wish to get rid of. This will help you to delete unwanted Best Friends on your Snapchat.
Method 2: Blocking the Contact
Another useful method to delete your Snapchat Best Friend is blocking them. This would delete all your interactions with your selected contact to zero. Moreover, blocking a contact not only removes it from your Snapchat Best Friend list only but also removes it from your contacts. If you wish to add them on your Snapchat again, you need to unblock them and them back. However, this will notify them as you will be sending them a request again.
1. For blocking a contact, you need to open your Snapchat and then swipe right to reach the chats section.
2. Here, find the contact you wish to delete as your Best Friend.
3. Tap and hold their chat to get a list of options. Here tap on the “More” option.
4. Here, you need to tap on “Block.”
If you wish to add them back to your Contact, follow the given steps:
1. Open Snapchat and tap on your Profile.
2. Here, you need to tap on the “Settings” icon given in the top right corner.
3. Find the “blocked” option on the next screen.
4. A list of contacts you have blocked will appear on the screen. Tap on the “X” sign, next to your contact’s name.
How to Edit or Change Snapchat Best Friends
As far as editing your Snapchat Best Friends list is concerned, there is no option for you to do so. However, using the above tactics, you can restrict users from entering your Best Friend list. Moreover, selecting a friend and sharing maximum chats & snaps with them will bring them on top automatically.
How can you hide your Best Friends list?
There is no such option to hide your Best Friend list. You can be relaxed because your Snapchat Best Friend list is visible to you only, and no one can actually get access to that. However, in the previous versions of Snapchat, anyone could easily get access to your Best Friends list. With updates, this problem was ultimately solved. So, Snapchat’s Best Friend list is visible to the user only.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: What Are Snapchat Best Friends?
Snapchat Best Friends are those contacts with whom you share snaps and chats the most.
Q: How to Make Someone Your Best Friend On Snapchat?
You can do so by sharing the maximum number of snaps and chats with that particular contact.
Q: How do you get someone off your best friend list on Snapchat without blocking them?
You need to start sending your snaps and chats with other contacts and restrict the particular user you want to get rid of.
- Fix Snapchat Notifications Not Working
- How to Leave a Private Story on Snapchat?
- How To Know If Someone Blocked Your Number On Android
- How to Hide Instagram Story from everyone except one Person
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to get rid of Best Friends on Snapchat. Still, if you have any doubts then feel free to ask them in the comment section.