Snapchat filters make the app even more fun to use. However, several users have come across Snapchat filters not working on iPhone issues while using them to create snaps and stories. If you are also one of them, do not worry! In this article, we will discuss how to fix location filters not working along with the reasons. So, stay tuned until the end to learn all about this filter glitch.
Table of Contents
How to Fix Snapchat Filters Not Working on iPhone
Snapchat is an amazing app where you and your friends can stay connected in several different ways. You can click and send snaps to them on this platform and build your friends base. Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to fix Snapchat filters not working on iPhone in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Follow the below steps to fix issues with Snapchat filters:
1. Open the Snapchat app.
2. Tap on the Profile icon.
3. Tap on the settings icon.
4. Go to the Additional Services section and turn off the toggle for Data Saver.
Why is My Snapchat Not Showing Location Filters?
To gain insights on why is my Snapchat not showing location filters, read the reasons given below:
- Slow internet connection
- Issues with the Snapchat server
- Temporary app glitches
- Location feature disabled
- Data saver mode turned on
- Low power mode enabled
- Outdated version of Snapchat and iPhone software
- Corrupted cache files
There are various filters on Snapchat like a cute bunny, goated, weekend, dark, blur beauty, light up, etc. You can make use of any of these filters which you like to beautify yourself. But if your Snapchat filters are not working, read the methods discussed below to fix the issue:
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
Before getting into more complex methods to resolve this Snapchat filter issue, let’s see some of the basic troubleshooting methods that can help you get rid of it without wasting any time.
1A. Restart iPhone
When you restart your iPhone, then temporary glitches and problems get fixed, and your device gets a fresh start. You can read our guide on How to Restart iPhone X to learn how to restart iPhone.
1B. Force Restart iPhone
Force restarting your iPhone can also help you resolve the Snapchat filters not working iPhone issue. So, try out this method. For that, read and follow our guide on How to Force Restart iPhone X.
1C. Fix Slow Internet Connection
If Snapchat filters are not working or loading, this might be due to the slow internet connection. You should have at least a decent internet connection to properly load the Snapchat app and the filters in it. You can fix the slow internet problem on your iPhone by reading and following our guide on How Do I Fix Slow Internet on My iPhone.
1D. Wait for Snapchat Server Uptime
If there is an issue with the Snapchat server, you can come across this issue. In this case, you can check the Downdetector Snapchat page to verify if this issue is faced by others as well. You have to wait until the server issue is fixed by Snapchat and try using the filter after that.
1E. Force Close and Relaunch Snapchat App
Another way to fix this filter issue is by closing the Snapchat app completely and then restarting it again. To learn how to restart the Snapchat app, follow the below-mentioned steps:
Option I: For iPhone X and Later
1. Swipe upwards from the bottom of your home screen and then stop at the middle of your screen. Doing so will show you all the apps that are running currently.
2. Swipe up on the Snapchat app preview to close it.
3. Launch the Snapchat app again.
Option II: For iPhone 8, iPhone SE, and iPod Touch
1. Press the home button twice to see the list of applications that are recently used.
2. Swipe up on the Snapchat app preview to force close it.
3. Open the Snapchat app again from the app drawer.
Method 2: Disable Low Data Mode
You can disable low data mode to fix Snapchat filters not working on iPhone issue, read the steps discussed below to learn how to disable low data mode:
Option I: For Wi-Fi
To disable low data mode on Wi-Fi, read the following steps:
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Then, tap on the Wi-Fi option.
3. Tap on the info icon next to your connected network.
4. Then, turn off the toggle for the Low Data Mode option.
Option II: For Mobile Data
To disable low data mode on Mobile Data, follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Launch the iPhone Settings and tap on Mobile Data.
2. Then, tap on Mobile Data Options.
Note: If you are having a Dual SIM, choose a number instead.
3A. For 4G, LTE, or a Dual SIM, turn off the toggle for the Low Data Mode option.
3B. For 5G data, tap on Data Mode and then turn off the toggle for the Low Data Mode option.
Method 3: Enable Location Services
Besides the classic filters, there are various filters on Snapchat that change based on the location of the user. So, if you want to make use of them then turn on location services on your iPhone. Follow the below-mentioned steps to do it.
1. First, navigate to the Settings app.
2. Now, tap on the Privacy & Security option.
3. Tap on the Location services option.
4. Then, turn on the toggle for the Location Services option.
Also Read: Fix Snapchat Won’t Load Stories
Method 4: Disable Data Saver Mode on Snapchat
The data saver mode on Snapchat prevents Snapchat from using excessive cellular data. So, you can disable this feature to fix Snapchat filter glitch. To do so, follow the steps given below:
Note: Make sure you are logged into your account.
2. Tap on the Profile icon from the top left corner of the screen.
3. Tap on the Settings gear icon from the top right corner of the screen.
4. Navigate to the Additional Services section.
5. Now, turn off the toggle for the Data Saver option.
Method 5: Allow Relevant App Permissions
To fix Snapchat filters not working on iPhone, allow relevant permissions for the Snapchat app. Read the steps given below, to do so:
1. Go to the Settings app and tap on Snapchat.
2. From the ALLOW SNAPCHAT TO ACCESS section, turn on all the toggles to allow the required permissions to the Snapchat app.
Method 6: Update Snapchat App
If your Snapchat app is not up to date, then also you can face this issue. Thus, make sure that your Snapchat app is updated as with the new update new features are added, bugs and glitches are fixed, etc. If you have not enabled the auto-update feature, then you will have to update the app manually. To learn how you can do this, read the discussed steps:
1. Open App Store on your iPhone.
2. Then, navigate to the Snapchat app.
3. Now, tap on the Update option to manually update Snapchat.
4. Next, restart the Snapchat app to check if the issue is resolved.
Method 7: Update iOS
When you come across the Snapchat filter glitch issue, ensure that your device is up to date. And if not, update your iPhone to the latest version, as you will be able to fix the bugs, malware, errors, and glitches that might be leading to this problem.
Read and follow the steps discussed below to update your iPhone:
Note: Before updating your iPhone, ensure that you have a good internet connection.
1. Launch iPhone Settings.
2. Tap on the General option.
3. Next, tap on the Software Update option.
4. Tap on the Download and Install option.
Note: If a message appears asking you to temporarily remove apps because iOS needs more space for the update, tap on Continue or Cancel.
5A. If you want the update to occur immediately, tap on the Install option.
5B. Or, if you tap on Install Tonight and plug your iOS device into power before you sleep, your device will be updated automatically overnight.
Note: You are also given the option to install the software later by choosing to Remind Me Later.
Method 8: Offload Snapchat Data
You can also follow this method to fix Snapchat filters not working on iPhone issue. To gain insights on how to offload Snapchat, follow the discussed steps:
1. Open Settings and tap on General.
2. Tap on the iPhone Storage option.
3. Locate and tap on the Snapchat app.
4. Then, tap on the Offload App option.
Also Read: How to Delete Snapchat Data
Method 9: Reinstall Snapchat App
Try reinstalling the Snapchat app on your device to resolve the Snapchat filters not working iPhone issue. To do so, read below:
1. Tap and hold the Snapchat app icon from the iPhone app drawer.
2. Then, tap on the Remove App option.
3. Then, tap the Delete App option to confirm your choice.
4. Next, reinstall the Snapchat app from the App Store.
- Fix Insufficient Bandwidth Error on Amazon Prime Video
- How to Allow or Block Browser Pop-Ups on iPhone
- 9 Ways To Fix Snapchat Connection Error
- How to Allow Camera Access on Snapchat
So, we hope you have understood how to fix Snapchat filters not working on iPhone with the detailed methods to your aid. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.