Instagram allows its users to share photos and videos on its platform. Each user of Instagram has a unique profile username. These usernames can be used by other people to find that particular person. Sometimes new users of Instagram find it hard to search for someone using a username. In this article, we will be discussing methods on how to do Instagram search users by name and location. We will also be discussing websites that can be used as an Instagram username finder. So, let’s get started!
How to Search Instagram Users by Name and Location
You can simply use the search feature to find the users on Instagram app by their name and location. Here, we have listed all the possible methods to search Instagram account.
Method 1: Through Search Engines
You can find various ways to perform Instagram search users by name and location. However, one of the ways to do it is through a simple Google Search. You can search for a person’s username, location, etc. You can also enter a tag for Instagram on the search engine to arrive at a proper result.
Method 2: Through Social Networks
You can also find someone on Instagram through their other social media websites. This will be a bit hard since most people don’t usually store their Instagram media handles frequently on other social media. However, there are many platforms that you can use to search for someone.
Method 3: Through Contacts
Instagram allows you to search for someone through contacts. The one requirement before this is to have their contact saved in your phone book. This method can be used when you don’t know their exact username or find Instagram account with old username seems hard, since this step only needs you to have their contact. Instagram automatically suggests the person who is having that phone number.
1. Tap the Instagram icon from the home screen to open Instagram.
2. Tap on your Instagram profile.
3. Tap on See all near the Discover people heading.
4. On the Discover people section, there will be a section called Connect contacts, tap on Connect to connect to your friends using the phone book on your phone.
5. Tap on Allow access if your Android phone asks for permission to access your contact book.
6. This will synchronize your phone contacts with Instagram, allowing you to add the people you are searching for by clicking Follow button.
This method is useful if you are unsure how to find an Instagram account with old username since you might not know their newest username. This might be the best method to perform in those cases.
Also Read: How to Find Contacts on Instagram
Method 4: Search by First and Last Name
You can search by entering the person’s first and last name in the search bar on Instagram app. Follow these steps to do so.
1. Tap on the Instagram icon from the home screen to open Instagram.
2. Tap on the Magnifying icon.
3. Type the First name and Last name in the search bar.
4. View the profile from the results to find the person you are looking for.
Method 5: Search by Username
The easiest and one of the most used ways to search for someone on Instagram is by just searching for their username. Follow the steps given below to perform a search Instagram account by username.
1. Launch the Instagram app.
2. Tap on the Magnifying icon.
3. In the search bar, type the username of the person you are searching for.
The result will now be displayed according to your search, you can now scroll down the Instagram page to view people.
Method 6: Search by Followers
If you are unable to search a user by their name or username, then you can try to view the followers’ list of the person who may follow a user which you are looking for. Here are the steps listed below to do so.
1. Open a person’s Instagram profile who may follow the user you are looking for.
2. Tap on the Following option.
3. Go through the list and find out the particular profile that you want.
Also Read: How to See Recent Followers on Instagram
Method 7: Search Through Location on Instagram
With the addition of searching for someone on Instagram by username. You can also try searching for the person using just their location. This option is mostly used when the person you are searching for uses a different username that you couldn’t identify and would like to perform searching using alternative options.
Note: Keep in mind that this method only works when the user has uploaded a photo related to the location they are in and have also tagged the location in it, without it this method will not work.
1. Open the Instagram icon from the home screen to open Instagram.
2. Tap on the Magnifying icon present at the bottom of the screen.
3. Now, type in the search about the city, country, and street name of the person you are searching for.
4. Now select Places and scroll through the posts that mention the place.
5. Search for a photo that is identical to the person you know.
Method 8: Through Facebook Synchronization
Since Facebook(Meta) and Instagram are owned by the same team. It is easy to add people from Facebook to Instagram by simple synchronization. Keep in mind that this only works if you already are friends with the person you are searching for on Facebook itself.
1. Tap the Instagram icon app from the home screen to open Instagram.
2. Tap on your Instagram profile.
3. Tap on See all near the Discover people heading.
4. On the Discover people section, there will be a section called Sync your profile info, tap on Sync to connect to your friends using your Facebook ID.
Instagram will try to find users through Facebook Synchronization, which means your friends on Facebook will be shown on the screen, to add them simply tap on Follow button.
Also Read: How to Delete Your Activity on Instagram
Method 9: Use Third-party Tools
You can also perform a search for someone through external websites or tools. These websites will help find the person through a username and it also offers some added features like Instagram analytics, etc. This method is an essential one for users performing an Instagram search users by name and location
Social-Searcher is an Instagram search media that allows users to search for an Instagram account.
- Social-Searcher allows search functions like searching by name, username, users without an account, etc.
- They also have searches that can be done on other social media websites, in other words, you can also search for other social media accounts such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Vimeo, and Dailymotion.
- Users can filter the search results by social network and also export that data into an external file so the user can view it later.
- Results obtained are stored on the website for future searches, this is particularly helpful for people who do a recurring search of the same accounts.
Inflact is another website for Instagram profile search, it also supports search through various options and criteria.
- The search engine allows Instagram search which is based on user name, name, phone numbers, etc.
- There are also filters available for the ease of customers.
- Inflact also allows filters based on the industry in case of any person you are searching for works for a company.
- It includes a section called Influencer. This section will help users find Instagram influencers along with their bios, the number of posts they have created, and the number of followers the influencer has.
- InFlact is a free resource for Instagram search users by name and location. It requires an account to be created before using the website.
3. Code of a Ninja
Code of a Ninja is another Instagram username finder app. It includes searching for Instagram through username search.
- This website is mainly used by developers and designers as this includes fewer search features such as finding Instagram IDs from the customers.
- This ID is useful for developers as every customer has a different unique Instagram ID. It is useful for advertising companies also.
Toolzu is also one of the popular Instagram username finder tool. It provides advanced search features to find info on any Instagram account.
- Toolzu also provides search by gender, follower range, and username search filters.
- It does not require the user to create a new account to be created or register for an account using any personal information.
- Since no registration or logins are required to use Toolzu, the search process is fast and fluid. It can be used for quick search and accurate searches.
- Toolzu includes no fees to be paid to use it which is one of the plus points of using the website.
Webstagram provides basic analytics reports of any Instagram account. This service also allows performing Instagram search users by name and location.
- The details that are displayed are follower count, upload in numbers, and engagement rate for the concerned account.
- Using Webstagram, users can also track the statistics for past, present, and future times of accounts. Also, users can opt-in for weekly Email reports for their social media accounts.
- It can also be used to compare own statistics with competitor’s accounts and also provide it through PDF.
- Webstagram also includes influencers search, and the limit for different types of influencer searches does not end as it offers a wide variety of filters and categories.
- It allows search without an account but all the features that Webstagram offers will need an account to be registered and logged into.
Method 10: Through URL
You can add the username on the Website URL as well to get directly to the person’s profile page. For example, Instagram.com/username. Here you can attach the username you are searching for. However, if you don’t know the username. You can just type the name of the person and add Instagram to it on Google Search. For example, John Kumar Instagram. If you are lucky enough you can directly access the profile of the user you are searching for.
Also Read: How to Find a Sugar Momma on Instagram
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What methods can I use to search for someone on Instagram?
Ans. You can try a search for a user by searching through phone numbers, Google searches, and other details on all other social media. For example Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Q2. How do I unlink my Instagram account from another social media platform?
Ans. On Instagram, navigate to your profile and select Settings > Account > Sharing to other apps. Then, select the social networks you particularly want to un-link from. Tap Yes to confirm.
Q3. Can I use a person’s Email Address to search for them on Instagram?
Ans. No, you cannot search for people through an Email address on Instagram by default. Although there are certain ways to achieve this such as searching for users’ Email IDs on Facebook and searching for their Instagram accounts which redirects to Instagram for example.
Q4. How can I view the images that are shot in the same location by a user?
Ans. Tap the magnifying glass present on the bottom bar. Enter the name of the location, then tap on the search button. After the results are shown, tap on Places which is present on the right-hand side and will match the search.
Q5. Are there ways to search for a person’s location without providing a username?
Ans. Yes, you can use Location tags to search for images that are identical to the one that the person you are searching for uses.
- TruthFinder Free Trial, Offer Duration and Price
- How to Get an Inactive Instagram Username
- How to Find Someone’s Comments on Instagram
- Can You Follow Someone on Instagram without them Knowing?
We hope the above methods on how to perform Instagram search users by name and location were helpful to you and you were able to successfully able to conduct searches with Instagram. Feel free to drop comments in the comment section below if you have any queries and/or suggestions.