I use social media to remain connected with my friends. But one application that I love the most is Snapchat. The reason for using the discussed application is that I love to click selfies, and this app allows me to do that. Furthermore, the lenses available on it make the process of clicking selfies fun. The clicked photos can be shared with friends as snaps. But sometimes you may face Snapchat filter glitch. If you are facing the same issue, you are on the right page. Because in this guide, we will tell you why is my Snapchat not showing location filters and how to fix Snapchat filters not working. So, without further ado, let us get started.
How to Fix Snapchat Filters Not Working on Android
I like the Natural gleam lens on Snapchat. I click more than 90% of selfies using Natural gleam lens. But once, I could not access it because of a Snapchat filter glitch. Then I tried a few methods that helped me fix the problem. Therefore, I can tell you how to fix Snapchat filters not working on Android. But before that let us why is my Snapchat not showing location filters. So, please keep reading to learn about it.
Why is my Snapchat not Showing Location Filters?
To know why is my Snapchat not showing location filters, read the reasons listed below:
- The server is down.
- You are clicking a picture in low lights.
- Temporary glitches preventing the app from running smoothly.
- The location feature is not enabled on your device.
- Poor Internet connection.
- Data Saver mode is toggled on, on your device.
- Data Saver Mode is on, on the app.
- An outdated version of the application.
- Outdated phone software.
- Corrupted cache files.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
Here are some common methods that you can try. These methods are effective yet easy to perform. So, we suggest you to try these basic troubleshooting methods:
1A. Wait for Server Uptime
You can face the discussed problem when the servers are down. So, first, check the server status because if the servers are down, no matter what you try, the problem will not get resolved. You can check the status on the Downdetector page. If servers are down, then wait until server uptime is there. Otherwise, try out the following methods.
1B. Ensure Well-lit Environment
When you click photos using the discussed application, ensure that the pictures are clicked in a well-lit environment.
1C. Force Restart App
Another possible solution to fix Snapchat filters not working is to force restart the app. When you force restart an app, all the background and foreground processes associated with the app end entirely. So it can resolve the glitches that are causing the issue. The steps to perform the same are given below:
1. First, open the app drawer on your smartphone and tap on Settings.
2. Now, swipe down and tap on Apps.
3. Again, scroll down and tap on Snapchat.
4. Under App Info, tap on Force Stop.
5. Now, open the app and check whether the problem has been resolved.
1D. Restart Smartphone
Some apps run in the background and can impact the functionality of your device. Additionally, this interference may prevent some apps like Snapchat from functioning properly. To resolve this problem, restart your device. Use the steps to perform the same on your smartphone:
1. First, press and hold your smartphone’s Power and volume down buttons.
2. Now, tap on Restart to restart your device.
Also Read: How to Search Snapchat by Phone Number
Method 2: Turn Off Data Saver Mode on Snapchat
On the discussed application, Data Saver mode is there. When this feature is enabled on the app, you will have to load snaps and filters manually. Thus, preventing the app from consuming excessive mobile data. You can fix Snapchat filters not working Android by disabling data saver mode. To learn how to disable it, refer to the steps mentioned below:
1. First, tap on Snapchat.
2. Tap on the profile icon.
3. Next, tap on the gear-shaped icon located on the upper right side of the screen.
4. Scroll down, and under PRIVACY CONTROL, tap on Data Saver.
5. Finally, turn off Data Saver mode.
Method 3: Turn Off Data Saver Mode on Smartphone
You need to turn off the data saver mode on your smartphone. Because data saver mode does not allow the apps running in the background to use the internet. As a result, you will not receive updates made on the app. We have provided the steps that will guide you on how to turn off data saver mode on your smartphone:
1. First, tap on Settings.
2. Now, tap on Connections.
3. Tap on Data Usage.
4. Under Data Usage, tap on Data Saver.
5. Finally, toggle off the Data Saver.
Method 4: Fix Slow Internet Connection
A poor internet connection can be the reason for Snapchat filter glitch. If the network is weak, you will not be able to use the feature that you want. Therefore, you should troubleshoot your internet connection. Read our guide on How to Boost Internet Speed on Your Android Phone to troubleshoot your internet connection.
Also Read: How to Link Instagram to Snapchat Story
Method 5: Re-login to Snapchat
The next possible solution that you can perform is to re-login to the app. The steps to fix Snapchat filter glitch using re-login method are:
1. Launch Snapchat.
2. After that, tap on the Profile icon.
3. Next, tap on the gear-shaped icon.
4. Now, swipe down and tap on Log Out.
5. Now, re-login by entering the credentials.
Method 6: Enable Location Permission
If location services are not enabled for the discussed application, the lenses that show your current location will not display the site. As a result, you may experience Snapchat filters not working Android. To fix Snapchat filters not working, turn on the location feature on your smartphone. Use the given steps:
1. First, launch Settings.
2. Now, scroll down and tap on Location.
3. Toggle On the location option.
4. On the same screen, tap on App permissions.
5. Swipe down and tap on Snapchat.
6. Tap on Allow only while using the app.
7. Launch the app and check if the lens now shows the location.
Method 7: Update Snapchat
To fix the bugs and glitches, Snapchat comes with updates. Moreover, the older app version may no longer support the features you want to use. Thus, you need to update the app. When your smartphone is connected via WiFi, the app gets updated automatically. But if you are using a data plan on your phone, it does not update the app automatically. So, you will have to update the app manually by using the simple steps:
1. Open the app drawer and launch the Play Store.
2. In the search box, type Snapchat and tap on the search icon located on the keypad.
3. Next, tap on the Update option.
4. Wait till the update gets completed. Once it is done, restart the app and check if the problem has been resolved.
Method 8: Update Smartphone
If you are using the older version of Android, you may face issue with the lens feature of the discussed application. An outdated version of your mobile software may not be capable of running new features of the app. Thus, you need to update the phone software to fix Snapchat filters not working. Use the steps given below:
1. Tap on the Settings icon.
2. Now, tap on Software update.
3. Tap on Download and install on Software update.
4. Finally, tap on Download and wait until the software updates.
Method 9: Clear App Cache
The cache files on the discussed application store all the frequently used stickers, filters and memories in the form of a cache. And because of cache files, you do not have to download the same stickers again. But over time, the cache files may get corrupted. Therefore, you need to remove the corrupted files. Follow the steps to perform the same on your smartphone:
1. First, tap on the Snapchat app.
2. Now, tap on the profile icon.
3. Tap on gear-shaped icon.
4. Under ACCOUNT ACTIONS, tap on Clear Cache.
5. Finally, tap on Continue.
Also Read: What Happens If You Delete Snapchat?
Method 10: Reinstall Snapchat
Even after attempting all the methods, Snapchat filters not working Android issue remains; then, you can reinstall the application. For this, you will have to uninstall the app and then install it via Play Store. The app installed will be updated, but you will have to re-login. Ensure that you know the credentials. The steps to perform the same are listed below:
1. First, tap on Settings.
2. Now, tap on Apps.
3. Swipe and tap on Snapchat.
4. Tap on Uninstall.
5. Finally, select OK.
6. Launch the Play Store.
7. In the search box, type Snapchat and tap on the search icon on the keypad.
8. Tap on the Install option.
9. Wait till the installation gets completed. After that, open the app and check if the problem has been resolved.
- How to Cancel Xbox Pre Order
- Fix WhatsApp Photos Not Backing Up to Google Photos on Android
- How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories
- How to Remove Phone Number from Snapchat
We hope this article was helpful and you were able to fix Snapchat filters not working. Let us know which method worked for you. If you still have questions, feel free to ask them in the comment section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.