Many times, while trying to stream videos, users come across an insufficient bandwidth error on Amazon Prime Video. This is a common issue with the app that can be caused for different reasons. Some of the common reasons for this issue include a bad internet connection or server issues. In this guide, we will discuss what insufficient bandwidth means and how to resolve these issues on your computer. So, keep reading!
How to Fix Insufficient Bandwidth Error on Amazon Prime Video
Amazon Prime Video is a popular streaming service that offers a wide array of movies, TV shows, and original content. One of the notable features of Amazon Prime Video is its personalized recommendation system. It provides suggested content based on the user’s viewing history, preferences, and ratings. But you might encounter bandwidth issues while streaming. If you are facing the same, read till the end to fix it.
Follow the below steps to fix this issue on Amazon Prime:
1. Open the Microsoft Store.
2. Click on Library.
3. Under the Updates & Downloads section, click on Update next to Prime Videos for Windows.
What causes Insufficient Bandwidth Error on Amazon Prime Video?
There can be various reasons for this issue with Amazon Prime Video; some of the most common reasons are mentioned here.
- Issues caused by bugs and booting problems can cause this issue.
- A server outage with Prime Video can also cause this issue.
- A bad internet connection can also cause this issue.
- An issue with a specific Prime title can also cause this issue.
- Unsupportive streaming quality can also cause this issue.
- This issue can also be caused by VPN issues.
- A corrupt or outdated network adaptor driver can also cause this issue.
- Issues caused by an interfering Windows Firewall can also cause this issue.
- An outdated Amazon Prime Video program can also cause this issue.
In this guide, we will discuss methods to resolve the problem with Amazon Prime Video.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
Often, you won’t require complicated methods to fix this issue with Amazon Prime Video, you can easily fix the bandwidth issues by performing some basic troubleshooting methods as mentioned in the below section.
1A. Restart PC
Most of the time, the issue is caused by system bugs and improper booting of the device. Generally, the issues caused by booting are not worrisome, and you can fix insufficient bandwidth error on Amazon Prime Video by performing a simple restart of your PC.
1. Click the Start icon on your Desktop.
2. Here, click on the Power icon.
3. Now, click Restart.
1B. Wait for Amazon Prime Server Uptime
It is common for streaming services like Amazon Prime Video to run into server outage issues. There can be various reasons for a server outage with Amazon Prime Video, such as a technical issue or server maintenance. When Prime Video is experiencing a server outage, you will have to wait for the issue to be resolved on Amazon end. Once the server is activated again and works fine, you should be able to enjoy your favorite streams on the platforms. Meanwhile, you can keep yourself updated on server status by keeping an eye on server tracking sites such as DownDetector.
Method 2: Troubleshoot Internet Issues
A general reason why you may be receiving an insufficient bandwidth error on Amazon Prime Video is a bad internet connection. Therefore, when you see this error, one of the first things that you can do is fix internet issues on your device to avoid the problem with Amazon Prime Video.
Option I: Restart WiFi Router
If you use a WiFi connection to stream Amazon Prime, you should check with the WiFi router to make sure it is well-connected and is not causing internet issues. You can perform a restart of your WiFi to reset the connection settings. Also, check for any faulty wires that may be causing bad internet. You can follow these simple steps to restart your WiFi router and fix this issue.
1. Locate and long-press the Power button on your WiFi router.
2. Wait for the WiFi router to shut down completely.
3. Disconnect all the wires from the main switch.
4. Wait a few minutes and reconnect the wires.
5. Turn on the WiFi router and connect to the internet.
Option II: Increase Network Speed
If you don’t use WiFi and use mobile data to stream Prime Video, you should make sure you are subscribed to a valid internet plan. Also, make sure you are receiving a good internet speed. If this is the case, try moving to a location where the signal strength is better. If nothing works, you can try to connect to your internet provider to resolve the issue. You can also check out the Slow Internet Connection? 10 Ways to Speed up your Internet! guide to boost your internet speed.
Also Read: Fix Amazon Prime Video Buffering Issue
Method 3: Try Different Titles
Sometimes, the problem with Amazon Prime Video can be related to a specific movie or TV show on Amazon Prime Video. This can happen when servers for specific content on Amazon Prime Video are not working properly. In this case, you can try to explore new and different movie or TV show titles to verify the issue. If this is the case, wait a few hours until this issue is resolved.
Method 4: Change Streaming Quality
If you are streaming Amazon Prime Video on a smart TV, the issue can be caused by improper or unsupportive streaming quality. Therefore, you can try to fix the insufficient bandwidth issue by changing the streaming quality for Prime Video content on your smart TV.
Method 5: Disable VPN Service
If you are using a VPN service on your device, it is recommended that you disable it if you receive an insufficient bandwidth error with Prime Video. When you use a VPN to surf the internet, it changes your IP address and relocates your internet to a virtual location. However, if specific content on Prime Video is restricted to a specific location, you may not be able to stream it on the platform. Therefore, disabling the VPN can resolve the issue for you. You can check out the How to Disable VPN and Proxy on Windows 10 guide to safely disable VPN on your device.
Method 6: Update Network Adaptor Drivers
A common reason for this issue is an outdated or corrupt system driver. If the network adaptor driver is not updated on your device, it can cause various issues while trying to stream Prime Video or any other streaming service. Therefore, you should keep the network adaptor driver updated to avoid these issues. You can check out the How to Update Network Adapter Drivers on Windows 10 guide to update the driver on your device.
Also Read: How to Reset Amazon Prime Video Pin
Method 7: Reinstall Network Adaptor Drivers
If updating the driver does not help and you continue to have the same issue, you can try reinstalling the network adaptor driver. Reinstalling the driver will remove all the bugs and issues with it, and you will be able to resolve the insufficient bandwidth issue. You can follow the How to Uninstall and Reinstall Drivers on Windows 10 guide to safely reinstall the network adaptor drivers on your device.
Method 8: Add Exception to Firewall
Sometimes, the Windows Firewall may be interfering with Amazon Prime Video and blocking the content on it. If Firewall flags Prime Video as a threat to the system, it can restrict your access to the application. To avoid this issue, you can try to add an exception for Prime Video on your Firewall.
1. Open the Control Panel from the start menu.
2. Set View by as Lage icons.
3. Locate and click on Windows Defender Firewall.
4. From the left-side panel, click on Advanced settings.
5. Now, locate and click on Inbound Rules, and then click New Rule….
6. Now, select Program and click Next.
7. Browse the location of the program (Prime Video) and click Next.
8. Select Allow the connection and click Next.
9. Check the Domain, Private, and Public options and click Next.
10. Enter the Name and Description and click Finish.
Also Read: How Much is Paramount Plus on Amazon Prime
Method 9: Update Amazon Prime Video
If you are using an outdated Prime Video version on your device, it can cause various issues while streaming movies and TV shows. You can avoid these issues by keeping your Amazon Prime Video program updated all the time.
1. Open the Microsoft Store from the start menu.
2. Here, navigate to the Library.
3. Under the Updates & Downloads section, locate Prime Videos for Windows, and click Update next to it.
Method 10: Reinstall Amazon Prime Video
If updating does not help with the insufficient bandwidth issue, you can try reinstalling the program on your computer.
1. Press Windows + I keys simultaneously to open Settings.
2. Here, click Apps.
3. Locate and select Prime Video for Windows.
4. Here, click Uninstall.
5. Again, click Uninstall to confirm the action.
6. Open the Microsoft Store from the start menu.
7. Search for Prime Video for Windows.
8. Finally, click Install to get the program on your computer.
Also Read: Fix Amazon Prime Sound Issues
Method 11: Contact Amazon Prime Video Support
If none of the previous methods works and you can’t figure out how to fix the insufficient bandwidth issue with Prime Video, you should consider contacting the Amazon Prime Video support page. You can use Amazon support to figure out a solution for this issue.
- How to Allow or Block Browser Pop-Ups on iPhone
- How to Slow Down Songs on Spotify
- How to Cancel Amazon Prime Video
- How to Get Amazon Prime Discounts for Teachers
We hope this guide was helpful to you and you were able to resolve the insufficient bandwidth error on Amazon Prime Video. Let us know which method worked for you. If you have any suggestions or queries for us, please let us know in the comment section.