iPhone heating issue has been very common among the users of iPhone. There are different reasons why this happens. When our phone heats up, all of us get tensed and worried about our devices. So, if you have any day faced the iPhone heating issue post iOS 16 update and iPhone 11 overheating iOS 16 issue, do not worry! Read this article until the end to learn why is my iPhone 11 overheating and won’t turn on and how to fix iPhone 11 overheating iOS 15 and iOS 16.
Table of Contents
How to Fix iPhone Heating Issue Post iOS 16 Update
To learn why iPhone heating issue post iOS 16 update occurs and what can be possible solutions to fix it, keep reading further.
Why is My iPhone 11 Overheating and Won’t Turn On?
Before jumping to the solution to fix the overheating issue, let’s first discuss the reasons why is my iPhone 11 overheating and won’t turn on. Read the below points to know about the reasons:
- A temporary glitch
- Overcharging your phone
- Keeping device in direct sunlight
- High brightness level
- Problematic iPhone case
How to Fix iPhone 11 Overheating iOS 16?
We have discussed various methods using which you can resolve the iPhone heating issue post iOS 16 update or iPhone 11 overheating iOS 15 issue. So, let’s start now.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
Let’s see some of the easy-to-perform methods to fix the iPhone 11 overheating iOS 15 issue.
1A. Restart iPhone
If your device is overheating, you should try to restart iPhone as this would fix the temporary glitches and iPhone heating issue post iOS 16 update. To learn about how to restart iPhone, you can go through our article on How to Restart iPhone X.
1B. Force Restart iPhone
You can force restart iPhone to resolve iPhone 11 overheating iOS 16 problem. To make yourself familiar with how to force restart, skim through our guide on How to Force Restart iPhone X. If the issue persists after your force restart the iPhone, you can jump to the next methods discussed.
1C. Disconnect Charger & Clean Charging Port
When you put your iPhone on charge, it warms up a little bit and that’s normal. But if it starts becoming hot. there is some issue. So, in this case, disconnect the charger and besides that also ensure that you are using the Apple-certified charger and cable. Also, clean the lightning port to prevent issues like overheating.
1D. Avoid Direct Sunlight
If you keep your iPhone in direct sunlight, it might cause your iPhone to overheat. For your iPhone optimal temperature range is 32 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit or 0 to 35 Celsius.
1E. Remove or Change Case
Your device disseminates heat through its metal frame. But if you are using a case to protect your device from external damage, it can prevent the iPhone from releasing heat. So, remove the case or try a lighter case.
1F. Force Close Apps
Try closing the excess apps to fix the iPhone 11 overheating iOS 15 or iPhone heating issue post iOS 16 update. To make yourself familiar with how to do so, read the below methods:
Option I: For iPhone X and Later
1. Swipe upwards from the bottom of your home screen and then stop at the middle of your screen. Doing so will show you all the apps that are running currently.
2. Swipe up on the app previews to close them.
3. Launch the Snapchat app again.
Option II: For iPhone 8, iPhone SE, and iPod Touch
1. Press the home button twice to see the list of applications that are recently used.
2. Swipe up on the app previews to force close them.
Also Read: 16 Ways to Fix iPhone Not Ringing Problem
1G. Enable Airplane Mode
Enabling this feature can fix the iPhone heating issue post iOS 16 update. To learn how you can toggle on airplane mode, follow the methods given below:
1. Swipe down from the top right corner of your iPhone screen to access the Control Center.
2. Then, turn on the toggle for the Airplane mode icon to disable it.
Note: If the Airplane mode icon is light orangish in color, it means that Airplane mode is on.
1H. Disable Bluetooth
Let’s see how to disable Bluetooth on iPhone:
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on Bluetooth.
2. Turn off the toggle for the Bluetooth option.
Also Read: How to Fix Unable to Install Update Error on iPhone
Method 2: Enable Low Power Mode
When you turn on low power mode, the battery of your device is preserved as your iPhone uses less energy because some features are disabled. The iPhone generates less heat when the battery discharges slowly. The color of the battery level on your device will change to yellow from green when you turn on low power mode. Follow the steps mentioned below to enable this feature:
1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the Battery option.
3. Then, turn on the toggle for the Low Power Mode option.
Method 3: Enable Auto-Brightness
Keeping your iPhone’s brightness high can discharge your phone’s battery easily and can also cause overheating. So, it’s better to turn on the auto-brightness feature so that your device adjusts the brightness as per the ambient light. To do so, read below:
1. Go to the Settings app.
2. Then, tap on the Accessibility > Display & Text Size option.
3. Turn on the toggle for the Auto-Brightness option.
Let’s see more methods to fix the iPhone heating issue post iOS 16 update.
Also Read: How to Fix an Overheating Laptop
Method 4: Disable Location Services
If your device overheats then one reason is because the location services feature is turned on your device. Location services need huge processing and a larger number of effort from the processor which can lead to overheating. To disable this, abide by the following steps:
1. From iPhone Settings, tap on the Privacy & Security option.
2. Now, tap on the Location Services option.
3. Then, turn off the toggle for the Location Services option.
4. Tap on Turn Off in the pop-up.
Method 5: Remove Live Wallpaper
Your phone looks lively and amazing with the live wallpaper on your iPhone. But if you use them persistently. it might heat your device. To remove the live wallpaper, read the steps discussed below:
1. Launch the iPhone Settings and tap on the Wallpaper option.
2. Hereafter, remove the Live Wallpaper and after that restart your iPhone.
After that, check if the iPhone heating issue post iOS 16 update has been resolved.
Also Read: 15 Android Phone Overheating Solutions
Method 6: Disable Emergency Calls & SOS System Service
By disabling emergency calls & SOS system service on your iPhone, you can fix iPhone X overheating issue. To disable them, follow the steps discussed below:
1. Open iPhone Settings.
2. Then, tap on the Privacy & Security option.
3. Then, choose the Location Services > System Services option.
4. Now, turn off the toggle for the Emergency Calls & SOS option.
5. Restart your iPhone.
Method 7: Disable Background App Refresh
The background app refresh feature allows the apps to refresh their content when on Wi-Fi or a mobile network in the background. If this feature is persistently making use of the iPhone’s processing power, you might face iPhone heating issue post iOS 16 update. To disable background app refresh, follow the given steps:
1. Navigate to iPhone Settings > General.
2. Next, tap on the Background App Refresh option.
3. Turn Off the Background App Refresh option.
4. After that, restart your iPhone and then check if the iPhone heating issue post iOS 16 update is resolved.
Note: Now, if the issue is fixed, you can enable Background App Refresh feature and then, disable/enable the apps under Background App Refresh one by one until the issue is found. You can disable the feature for the app that might be causing the issue.
Also Read: How Can You Stop Roblox from Overheating
Method 8: Disable Automatic Downloads of Podcasts
Another method that you can try is this one. Read the steps given below to turn off this feature:
1. Launch iPhone Settings.
2. Next, tap on the Podcasts option.
3. Then, under Automatic Downloads, turn off the toggle for the Enable When Following option.
4. Now, turn off the toggle for Allow Over Mobile Data.
5. Now, enable Block Downloads Over Cellular.
6. After this, close the Settings app and launch the Apple Podcasts app.
7. Hereafter, choose Library > Shows.
8. Then, open the first show and tap on the three-dotted icon located in the top right corner.
9. Consequently, choose Settings and disable Automatic Downloads.
10. Following that, turn off Notifications and tap on Done.
11. Now, repeat this for all the shows in podcasts.
12. Finally, restart your iPhone and check if the issue is resolved. If the issue persists, then you can also uninstall the Podcasts app.
Method 9: Update iPhone Apps
If you do not update the iPhone apps to the latest version, they might not function properly due to their incompatibility with your phone’s operating system thus causing the overheating issue. To update apps to the latest version, follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Open the App Store on your iPhone and tap on the profile icon.
2. Then, tap on Update All option or you can update the problematic app which you think might be causing the issue by tapping on the Update option.
Let’s see more methods to fix the iPhone heating issue post iOS 16 update.
Method 10: Uninstall Problematic Apps
You can try uninstalling the apps that are causing the issue. To do so, read the discussed steps:
1. Navigate to your home screen and tap and hold the desired app icon.
2. Tap on the Remove App option.
3. Then, tap on the Delete App option to uninstall the app from your device.
Also Read: How to Fix Can’t Find App on iPhone
Method 11: Reset Network Settings
Your iPhone may overheat if network-related settings have become corrupt and are dominating your phone’s resources. In this case, reset network settings to resolve the problem.
To reset network settings on your device, abide by the following steps:
Note: Before opting for this method, keep in mind that your network as well as the internet-related information will be erased from your iPhone like the Bluetooth device pairings, Wi-Fi passwords, names, mobile network preferences, etc.
1. Navigate to the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Now, tap on the General option.
3. Next, tap on the Transfer or Reset iPhone option.
4. Tap on the Reset > Reset Network Settings option.
5. Enter your iPhone passcode.
Method 12: Reset All Settings
If the above methods did not work for you, try to reset all settings on iPhone. To do so, read the steps discussed below:
Note: Make sure you back up the important data on the secured cloud or any other desired storage.
1. Launch the iPhone Settings app.
2. After that, tap on the General option.
3. Tap on the Transfer or Reset iPhone option.
4. Tap on Reset.
5. Tap on Reset All Settings.
- Can You See Your Current Spotify Stats?
- 16 Best Wireless Earbuds to Buy Right Now
- 10 Ways to Fix iPhone Screen Flickering and Unresponsive
- 11 Ways to Avoid Heating up Phone while Charging
So, we hope you have understood how to fix the iPhone heating issue post iOS 16 update and iPhone 11 overheating iOS 15 with the detailed methods to your aid. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.