Issues with electrical devices can always come up. But these issues can be resolved quickly if you know the cause of the problem. Because if you know the reason, you can Google the methods. So, if you are wondering why your charging port is not working and wondering how to clean iPhone charging port with alcohol, then you are at the right place. This article will tell you how to clean iPhone charger port with Q tip and many other methods. But the ways we provide here are not ideal, and we do not recommend you perform the same. So, keep reading to learn how to perform this method.
- How to Clean iPhone Charging Port with Alcohol
- What Spoils Charging Port?
- How to Clean iPhone Charging Port with Toothbrush?
- How to Clean iPhone Charging Port with Alcohol?
- How to Clean iPhone Charging Port without Toothpick?
- How to Clean iPhone Charger Port with Q Tip?
- Can You Use a Paper Clip to Clean Your Charging Port?
How to Clean iPhone Charging Port with Alcohol
Before we begin with methods on how to clean iPhone charging port with alcohol, let us know why the charging port got dirty in the first place.
What Spoils Charging Port?
Dust and residue in your pocket or on the couch or bed are frequent causes of smartphone charging port jams. Additionally, airborne moisture and dust particles collect around the inner wall of the charging phone, obstructing current passage and preventing the battery from charging.
How to Clean iPhone Charging Port with Toothbrush?
Note: We do not recommend using a toothbrush to clean the charging port because it can do more damage than good. Also, the bristles of a toothbrush can get stuck inside.
If you are wondering how to clean iPhone charging port with toothbrush, you are at the right place. Cleaning the charging port with a toothbrush is easy, but you should have a dry and clean toothbrush. Now, swipe the toothbrush head to the right after inserting the bristles into the lightning port. Once your charging port is clean, repeat the process.
How to Clean iPhone Charging Port with Alcohol?
If you are wondering how to clean iPhone charging port with alcohol, then follow the steps below to clean iPhone charging port with alcohol:
Note: It is not recommended to perform this method as it may damage your phone permanently. Also, do not put any solution inside the port.
1. First, press the Volume + Side buttons simultaneously till the time slide to power off slider appears on the screen.
2. After that, drag the power off slider from left to right to turn off your device.
3. Dip a corner of a cotton swab or handkerchief into an isopropyl solution.
4. Clean the dirt away from the port opening.
Note: Ensure moisture does not get inside the port while cleaning.
5. Leave your iPhone for at least 30 minutes so the alcohol near the port can get vaporized.
Also Read: How to Clean HP Printhead
How to Clean iPhone Charging Port without Toothpick?
If you are wondering how to clean iPhone charging port without toothpick, follow the steps that we have provided below:
Note: It is better to visit an Apple Store to get your charging port cleaned because the cleansing will last longer. Moreover, performing it at home may cause damage to your iPhone.
1. Power off your iPhone.
2. Now, use a can of compressed air to clean iPhone by applying a few short blasts of air.
Note: Ensure you do not put the can too close to the port. Also, Apple does not recommend using compressed air.
How to Clean iPhone Charger Port with Q Tip?
If you want to know how to clean iPhone charger port with Q tip, you are at the right place. Follow the steps mentioned below:
1. First, clean the iPhone charging port with the help of the steps mentioned above.
2. Now, use cotton swab and alcohol to clean the dust.
Note: Ensure that moisture does not get inside the charging port.
3. Allow the alcohol to get dried before you switch on your iPhone.
Also Read: How Long Do iPhone Chargers Last?
Can You Use a Paper Clip to Clean Your Charging Port?
No, it is recommended not to use a paper clip or any metals such as a knife, sim ejector tool, wires, and other hard objects. We do not recommend using paper clips because metal objects are sharp and the lightning port charging pins are made of soft material. So, if you use hard metal over soft material, it can damage the charging port.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Can I use a needle to clean charging port?
Ans. No, if you use a needle to clean the charging port, the needle is made up of metal and can create a short circuit.
Q2. Can a dirty charging port affect charging?
Ans. Yes, a dirty charging port can affect charging.
Q3. How do I clean my phone charging port?
Ans. You can use a cotton swab to clean the charging port. But please ensure that you do not use any abrasive cleaners such as bleach or hydrogen peroxide for cleaning.
- How to Turn On or Off NSFW on Reddit
- Why are My Notifications Not Making Sound on iPhone?
- How to Tell If Your Computer has Water Damage
- Best Waterproof Cases for iPhone 11 Pro
We hope this article has guided you well in telling you how to clean iPhone charging port with alcohol. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.