Snapchat is a fantastic platform to interact with your friends and family using snaps, messages, voice calls, and even video calls, for that matter. You can easily add users on Snapchat with the help of snap code or snap usernames of your contacts. However, one annoying thing about Snapchat is many random users may add you, and you may receive several add requests on a daily basis. Usually, the users who have saved your phone number in their contact book can easily find you on Snapchat if you have linked your phone number on the platform. But, receiving add requests from random users can be annoying. Therefore, to help you out, we have a guide on how to disable unwanted add requests on Snapchat that you can follow.
Table of Contents
How to Disable Unwanted Add Requests on Snapchat
Why do you Receive Unwanted Add Requests on Snapchat?
When you receive add requests from users with who you have mutual friends, then, in this case, these are your organic snap requests, and you should not worry about these requests.
However, when you receive add requests from random users with no mutual contacts, then chances are these users are bots for gaining followers on the platform. These are bot accounts who send you an add request only to later unfollow you to increase their audience on the platform.
So, if you were wondering about these random add requests on Snapchat, then know that these are bot accounts that are trying to add you on the platform to increase their followers.
3 Ways to Disable Random Add Requests on Snapchat
If you want to fix random people adding you on Snapchat, then we are listing some methods that you can use to easily disable the unwanted add requests.
Method 1: Change the contact me option
By default, Snapchat has set the ‘Contact Me’ feature to everyone. This means, when someone adds you on Snapchat, they can easily send you messages. If getting random add requests was not enough, you can also receive messages from random users.
1. Open the Snapchat app on your device and tap on your Bitmoji or Profile icon from the top-left corner of the screen.
2. Tap on the Gear icon from the top-right corner of the screen to access the Settings.
3. Scroll down and tap on the ‘Contact Me’ option under who can.
4. Finally, change the Contact Me option by tapping on ‘My Friends.’
When you change the contact me settings from everyone to my friends, only the contacts in your friend list will be able to contact you through snaps or messages.
Also Read: Fix Snapchat Messages Won’t Send Error
Method 2: Remove your Profile from Quick Add
Snapchat has a feature called ‘Quick Add’ that allows users to add you from the quick add section based on your mutual friends. Quick add feature uses mutual friends to show your profile. However, you have the option of disabling or removing your profile from the quick add section of other users. So, if you are wondering how to disable unwanted add requests on Snapchat, then you can remove your profile from the quick add section:
1. Open the Snapchat app on your device and tap on your Bitmoji icon on the top-left corner of the screen.
2. Open Settings by tapping on the Gear icon on the top-right of the screen.
3. Scroll down to the ‘WHO CAN …’ section and tap on ‘See Me in Quick Add.’
4. Finally, untick the checkbox next to Show Me in Quick Add to remove your profile from appearing in the quick add section of other Snapchat users.
Also Read: How to Get Rid of Best Friends on Snapchat
Method 3: Block Random Users
The last method that you can use is to block the random users if you want to disable unwanted add requests on the Snapchat problem. Yes! You can easily block users who are not even on your friend list. This way, these users will not be able to contact you or send you add requests on Snapchat.
1. Open the Snapchat app on your device and tap on your Bitmoji or the Profile icon from the top-right corner of the screen.
2. Tap on Add Friends from the bottom.
3. Now, you will see the list of all the users who have sent you Add requests. Tap on the user who you wish to block.
4. Tap on the three vertical dots from the top-right corner of the user profile.
5. A pop will appear at the bottom, where you can easily select the ‘Block’ option.
When you block someone on Snapchat, they will not be able to contact you ever until they decide to make a new ID and send you an add request from that ID.
- How to Disable Microsoft Word Spell Checker
- 9 Ways To Fix Snapchat Connection Error
- How to Delete Messages on Snapchat
- How to Unadd People on Snapchat
We hope our guide was helpful, and you were able to get rid of unwanted add requests from random Snapchat users. If you liked the article, let us know in the comments below.