Venmo, the famous money-sending app, also has some drawbacks, which leads us Venmo users to opt for account deletion. The most recurring problem that people often report is that Venmo closed my account with money in it. Despite its popularity in the social media platform for sending out short interactions with each payment, Venmo has some strong competitors like the Cash app, Paypal, and Zelle. If you are not having a worthwhile time using Venmo as your transaction pal, you will find this guide useful. In this article, we will provide you with steps to delete my Venmo account. You will also learn how to change my Venmo username. Let’s get into it right away!
Table of Contents
How to Delete My Venmo Account
Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to delete my Venmo account in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Can I Change My Venmo Username?
Yes, you can change your Venmo username.
Can I have 2 Venmo Usernames?
Yes, you can have 2 Venmo usernames. There are two alternatives for having two legible Venmo usernames:
- When you have two Venmo profiles, one of them being personal and the other a business profile.
- When you have a joint account with family members or closed ones.
Can You Delete Venmo Account and Start Over? Can I Delete My Venmo Account and Make a New One?
Yes, once you remove your Venmo account, you can start over. Also, you can get rid of your Venmo account and make a new one. All you will have to do is to create a new Venmo account and add your bank credentials again in order to use Venmo for future payments.
Does Closing Venmo Account Delete It?
Yes, closing Venmo account deletes it permanently. If you feel like using Venmo again, you will have to sign up afresh ad create a new account at Venmo.
How to Delete My Venmo Account?
Below are the steps on how to get rid of my Venmo account. Luckily, you can do it through any web browser at hand! Follow the steps mentioned below:
Note: Make sure to complete the incomplete transactions. Once you are certain that there are no incomplete transactions, use the Transfer Funds option to transfer money back to your bank account.
1. Visit the Venmo website on your browser.
2. Click on Log in and log in to Venmo with account credentials.
3. Once you log into your Venmo account, click on Settings.
4. Click on Profile > Close my Venmo Account.
5. Click on Next to continue the deletion process.
6. Again, click on Next.
7. Venmo provides your most recent payment statement as the last remaining of your Venmo account. Download it and click on Next.
8. Click on Close Account when the final pop-up gets displayed asking if you are sure enough to close your Venmo account.
Also Read: How to Unfreeze Venmo Account
How to Delete Venmo Account on Android?
When you are using Venmo through an Android phone, you will have to be logged in first through the Venmo application. Follow the steps to know about it in detail.
1. Open the Venmo application on your Android phone.
2. Log in to your Venmo account.
3. Switch to the Me tab and tap on the Settings gear icon.
4. Then, tap on the Account option from the Preferences section.
5. Tap on Close Venmo Account.
6. Tap on Continue and follow the onscreen instructions to get rid of the Venmo account successfully.
How to Delete Venmo Account on iPhone?
Read and follow the steps mentioned above to delete your Venmo account on iPhone.
How Do I Permanently Delete My Venmo Account?
Closing or deleting your Venmo account will permanently delete your Venmo account. There are no extra steps to separately opt for permanent deletion. Follow the steps mentioned below to permanently get rid of your Venmo account.
1. Navigate to the Venmo website on your browser.
2. Log in to your account and click on Settings > Profile.
3. Now, click on Close my Venmo Account.
4. Click on Next > Next to continue the deletion process.
5. Lastly, click on Close Account from the confirmation pop-up.
Also Read: How Do I Set Up A Second Venmo Account
Why Can’t I Delete My Venmo Account?
If you are struggling to get rid of your Venmo account yet are unable to do so, your Venmo account may have developed these problems! Have a look at these to determine why your Venmo account is not getting removed already.
- Oftentimes while transferring funds, the payment fails. In that case, it goes under pending payments. If you want to get rid of your Venmo account, you need to clear all such pending payments. Once you do that, your problems on why can’t I get rid of my Venmo account will be solved.
- Another problem is when Venmo freezes your account. There are numerous reasons why it does so. However, Venmo will surely send you a mail before they freeze your account. Once frozen, try to unfreeze the account to solve the issue of why can’t I delete my Venmo account.
What to Do If Venmo Closed My Account with Money in It?
Venmo may close your account with money in it if it opts to freeze your account. In that case, you may look for steps to unfreeze your Venmo account. You will have to contact Venmo customer support and explain your situation.
Note: In case you are the one opting for deletion, make sure that you transfer your funds first before completely canceling your Venmo account.
- Top 18 Best Tarot Apps for Android and iPhone
- How to Delete Audible Account
- How to Change Venmo Email
- How to Delete PayPal History
So, we hope you have understood if you can change username and how to delete my Venmo account with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.