Managing money has never been easier, but with Venmo’s easy-to-use mobile payment service, anyone can pay and request money without the hassle of linking a credit card, wallet, or fees. Nonetheless, there might be some cases where users may face the issues of how to unfreeze Venmo account or unblock Venmo account. If you are someone looking for tips about how to revoke Venmo account, we bring you a helpful guide that will show you how to do it successfully with the help of detailed steps.
- How to Unfreeze Venmo Account
- How Long Does Venmo Keep Your Account Frozen?
- If My Venmo Account is Frozen, Can I Still Receive Money?
- How to Get Money Out of Frozen Venmo Account?
- Will Venmo Unfreeze My Account?
- How Do You Unfreeze Your Venmo Account?
- How Long Does Take to Unfreeze Venmo Account?
- How Can I Recover My Venmo Account?
How to Unfreeze Venmo Account
You can unfreeze your account by transferring money, replying to the email Venmo sent you regarding account freezing, and contacting Venmo customer support through the app. Let us see how you can do these things to unfreeze your Venmo account instantly.
How Long Does Venmo Keep Your Account Frozen?
Venmo will keep your account frozen until you decide to take an action. If there are not enough funds in your Venmo account or you have a negative balance, then your account will remain frozen until you pay back the owed money.
If My Venmo Account is Frozen, Can I Still Receive Money?
Yes, you can still receive money even if your Venmo account is frozen. Since Venmo usually freezes user accounts due to failed payments or any unpaid balance, any money you receive will first be paid for the balance you owe.
How to Get Money Out of Frozen Venmo Account?
You can’t withdraw money from a frozen Venmo account unless you unfreeze your account beforehand. To understand how to unfreeze Venmo account, follow the steps below:
1. Visit the Venmo Recover page and Sign In to your account.
2. Simply respond to the email that Venmo sent you informing you that your account had been frozen.
Note: A current photo and ID card may be required for verification purposes.
Also Read: How Do I Set Up A Second Venmo Account
Will Venmo Unfreeze My Account?
Also Read: How to Recover Deleted Instagram Account
How Do You Unfreeze Your Venmo Account?
You need to either use a debit card to pay back the owed amount or you can pay through your bank, which you should keep in mind, takes a few days to process transactions. You can also simply respond to the email that Venmo sent you informing you that your account had been frozen. If you are using the Venmo app on your phone, follow the below steps to contact the Venmo support team.
2. Tap on the Hamburger icon to open the menu.
3. Tap on the Get Help option.
4. Tap on Contact Us, as shown below.
5. Tap on Chat with Us under the CONNECT WITH A HUMAN section.
The live chat will be initiated with the Venmo support team.
How Long Does Take to Unfreeze Venmo Account?
It takes around 2-3 business days for Venmo to unfreeze your account. For the purpose of avoiding potential liabilities or in cases where a user has broken the Acceptable Use Policy, Venmo has the right to keep money in a user’s account for up to 180 days.
How Can I Recover My Venmo Account?
Using a debit card to settle the debt is the quickest option to get your Venmo account back in working order. You can also use your bank to make the payment, but be aware that it might take a few days for the transaction to be processed. In any case, your account will be restored as soon as Venmo gets the necessary amounts to replacing the late payment. Follow the steps mentioned above in this article to learn how to revoke Venmo account via Venmo customer support.
- How Do I Sign Up for Talkatone
- How to Freeze Location on Find My iPhone
- How to Change PayPal Account from Business to Personal
- How to Delete Venmo Account
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to learn how to unfreeze Venmo account. If you have any queries or, suggestions then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.