our Venmo email address plays a crucial role in your financial transactions and account management. Whether you’ve recently changed your primary email address or simply want to update the one associated with your Venmo account, this guide is here to help. In the following steps, we’ll walk you through the process of changing your Venmo email, ensuring that your payment history and communication channels remain up to date. So, if you’re looking to make this essential update, let’s get started on how to change your Venmo email seamlessly.
How to Change Venmo Email
You can change your registered Venmo email in case you are receiving phishing Venmo emails on your email. Carefully go through the steps listed below to have a better view of how you can handle your email better on Venmo.
Follow the steps mentioned below to change Venmo email while using an Android or iOS mobile phone:
1. Open the Venmo application on your mobile phone.
2. Log in to your Venmo account.
3. Tap on the hamburger icon from the top left corner.
4. Tap on your Profile name from the top of the menu.
5. Tap on the pencil icon to edit or change your registered email on Venmo.
6. Tap on the Email field.
7. Enter the new email address in place of the old one and tap on Save.
8. Venmo will then send you a verification link to the new email address. Tap on it to verify your identity.
Note: If you do not find the verification mail in your inbox, try checking the spam or junk folder.
Also Read: How Do I Set Up A Second Venmo Account
What is My Venmo Email Address?
Your email address verified with Venmo is your Venmo email address. You can have up to two email addresses connected to your bank account on Venmo. Read more to know about how to verify my email with Venmo. You can also change Venmo email.
Venmo uses a correspondence domain @venmo.com through which you receive all Venmo emails on your email. Listed below are some of the tips and tricks through which you will know if the email sent by Venmo is authentic or not:
- Venmo addresses you with your first and last name or your business name. You will never find anything such as Dear user or Hello Venmo member.
- Some fake Venmo emails also ask you to click on phishing links. If you are receiving them through your PC, remember to scroll over the link once before clicking on them. If you are not sure, refrain from such links. It would be very convenient if you further report the email at email@example.com.
- Also, do not open unknown attachments.
Also Read: How to Change Email on VRBO
What If Venmo has Wrong Email?
Venmo is a money-sending application that does not have the wrong email. All kinds of emails for correspondence are sent under the domain name @venmo.com.
- If you receive any email from any other malicious Venmo account, report it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nevertheless, sometimes you may receive a friend’s payment via a different email id that is unregistered with Venmo. If that happens, you can verify the email address on Venmo by visiting the Venmo Venmo email address verification page.
- And if you have entered an email address that is wrong or no longer valid, you can change it from your account. For that, keep reading this article further to find the comprehensive step-by-step tutorial.
Can You Have 2 Emails on Venmo?
Yes, you can have two emails on Venmo. Read more to find out if you can change Venmo account from business to personal.
How Do I Verify My Email with Venmo?
Verifying Venmo emails is important and must be kept note of while signing up for a Venmo personal or business account. Read through the steps on how to verify my email with Venmo.
1. Visit the Venmo website on your browser.
2. Click on the hamburger icon from the top right corner of the screen.
3. Click on the Get Venmo option to reach the account sign-up page.
4. Select the desired account type you want to create, Personal or Business, and click on Get started.
5. Enter your phone number.
Note: The mobile number be a valid 10-digit US phone number.
6. Now, follow the onscreen instructions accordingly.
7. Once you sign up and enter your email address, Venmo will send you a verification request to your email address. Confirm your identification by clicking on the verifying link.
Note: While verifying, if you cannot find the email in your inbox, try checking the spam or junk folder. Verifying your email address is an important step for completing the sign up. This will ensure that you will remain connected to all your activity on Venmo through emails.
Also Read: How to Verify My Identity on Ingo Money
How Do I Switch Between Accounts on Venmo?
You can switch and toggle between accounts by following the steps provided below.
Note: You can have two accounts on Venmo only on two conditions: If you have a joint bank account and if you have a personal and a business account.
Now let’s go through the steps to switch between accounts on Venmo.
1. Open the Venmo app on your phone and tap on the Me tab.
2. Tap on the Settings gear icon.
3. Then, tap on Account.
4. From here, switch between profiles and adjust the individual settings.
How to Change Venmo Account from Business to Personal?
You can delete your Venmo business account if you do not want to keep it. Also, you can toggle or switch between business and personal profiles. But you cannot change your Venmo account from business to personal. There are separate individual settings for both Venmo personal and business accounts. Also, you will have to pay if you have a business account. Owners who possess business profiles are charged a low fee. They receive a fee of $1.00 or more for every payment. The seller transaction fee is a standard rate of 1.9%+$0.10 of the payment. You must create a personal profile first if you want to create a business profile.
Recommended: How to Delete Venmo Account
So, we hope you have understood how to change Venmo email with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.