Using PayPal is very easy, and it is safe and secure. You need to add a bank account to your PayPal account and are ready to send and receive payments directly from your bank account using your smartphone. For business owners, PayPal has the option to sign up for a business account where you can set up a QR using which your customers can scan the code and pay you the price of the item bought. If you use a business account and want to switch from a business account to a personal account and know how to close your PayPal account, this article will help you with that. It will guide you in steps on how to delete a PayPal business account and how to change your PayPal from business to personal. You will also get to learn how to remove a PayPal account and what happens if you close your PayPal business account.
- How to Delete a PayPal Business Account
- How Do You Know If Your PayPal is Business or Personal?
- Can You Change Your PayPal Account Type?
- How Do You Change Your PayPal from Business to Personal?
- Can You Make a New PayPal Account with the Same Bank Account?
- How to Remove a PayPal Account?
- How Do You Delete a PayPal Business Account?
- What Happens If You Close Your PayPal Business Account?
- Can You Delete a Limited PayPal Account?
- Does Closing PayPal Account Affect Credit?
- Does PayPal Report to Credit Agencies?
- What Happens If You don’t Pay PayPal Negative Balance?
How to Delete a PayPal Business Account
You will get to know how to delete a PayPal business account and change your PayPal from business to personal further in this article. Keep reading to learn more about it in detail.
How Do You Know If Your PayPal is Business or Personal?
To know if your PayPal is business or personal, follow these steps:
1. Open the PayPal Sign in page in your desktop browser and Log In to your PayPal account with your Email and Password.
2. Now, click on the Settings gear icon from the top right corner, as shown.
3. If you see Convert to a business account written under Account options, then you are currently using a Personal account and vice versa.
Also Read: How Do You Delete a Wix Account
Can You Change Your PayPal Account Type?
Yes, you can change your PayPal account type. If you are using a personal PayPal account, converting your account to a business account is very simple, i.e. by visiting the Settings page and adjusting account setting options. If you want to convert your business account to a personal account, in that case, you need to contact the PayPal support team for further assistance.
How Do You Change Your PayPal from Business to Personal?
To change your PayPal account from business to personal, follow these steps:
1. Open the PayPal Sign in page in your desktop browser.
2. Then, Log In to your PayPal Business account with your Email and Password.
3. Scroll down the page and click on the CONTACT option, as shown.
4. On the Help Center page, click on the Message Center option.
5. Click on the New Message option to create a new query message.
6. Click on Account profile and set up option from the list.
7. Now, click on the Upgrading or downgrading your account option.
8. Lastly, write your detailed request in the Message box and then click Send Email.
There will be further procedures to perform after sending the email.
- If PayPal customer support responds, you will need to verify your credential by submitting certain documents. Then your application will be processed, and the downgrade process will get successfully completed.
- If they do not respond, you can try other customer services mentioned under Other ways to contact us on the PayPal customer support page, as shown below.
Also Read: Fix PayPal Unable to Process Request
Can You Make a New PayPal Account with the Same Bank Account?
Yes, you can make a new PayPal account with the same bank account only if you have removed the bank account from your other PayPal account. Every PayPal account needs to have a unique bank account. You can add and remove as many bank accounts as you want. Also, you can link the same debit or credit card with two or more PayPal accounts.
How to Remove a PayPal Account?
The deletion of the Business account will remove all the user data from PayPal like the transaction history as this is different from the deactivation of the account. You can remove your PayPal account with the help of the following steps:
Note: Once you close your PayPal account, you can’t open and use this account. Also, you won’t be able to see any transaction history from that account.
1. Visit the PayPal Sign in page on your desktop browser and Log In to your PayPal Business account.
2. Click on the Settings gear icon from the top right corner.
3. Now, click on the Close your account option under the Account options section.
4. Lastly, click on Close Account for the message stating: Are you sure you want to close account? to confirm the deletion process.
Also Read: How Can You Delete Amazon Photos Account
How Do You Delete a PayPal Business Account?
You can follow the steps mentioned above to learn how to delete a PayPal business account instantly.
What Happens If You Close Your PayPal Business Account?
Once you close your PayPal business account:
- You won’t be able to access your PayPal business account and all your transaction histories and other personal information will be deleted permanently.
- If you have any unused redemption codes or coupons or any kind of amount left on your PayPal account, they will be lost too.
- Any unpaid money requests will be canceled automatically.
Can You Delete a Limited PayPal Account?
No, you can’t delete a limited PayPal account. Because there are limitations on your PayPal account, you no longer be able to delete or close your PayPal account. Account limitation is a temporary restriction that will restrict all your withdrawing, sending, or receiving money. Having limitations on your account doesn’t mean that you have done something wrong, it is just used to protect both buyer and seller accounts.
Does Closing PayPal Account Affect Credit?
No, closing a PayPal account won’t affect credit until you don’t have any remaining debts. If your PayPal account is free from any debts and you close your PayPal account, it won’t affect you in any way. But if your account has debts remaining and you choose to close your account thinking it won’t affect you, you are unfortunately wrong. It will affect your credit score negatively.
Does PayPal Report to Credit Agencies?
Yes, PayPal report to credit agencies as of late 2019. Since, 2019 PayPal credit reports to the credit agencies, which means any activity taking place using your credit card will affect your credit score. Missing payments or closing an account with existing debt will affect your credit score negatively. A low credit score can affect your future purchase and monthly bill payments. To maintain your credit score, make sure not to miss any payments and pay your bills on time.
What Happens If You don’t Pay PayPal Negative Balance?
A negative balance on your PayPal account represents the amount that you have to pay to PayPal. You must immediately pay this amount, and if the amount is not paid, you can expect these actions to be taken from PayPal to recover the amount. Here are the actions you can expect from PayPal:
- They might engage in the collection of efforts to recover the amount due from you.
- PayPal can take actions on your account as outlined, under the Amounts owed to PayPal.
- They might place a limitation or take action on your PayPal account, as outlined under the Restricted Activities and Holds, which might lead to a permanent account ban.
This is what happens if you don’t pay PayPal negative balance.
- How to Find Someone’s Comments on Instagram
- Can You Follow Someone on Instagram without them Knowing?
- How to Delete Your Amazon Account
- How to Delete Venmo Account
So, we hope you have understood what happens if you close your PayPal business account and how to delete a PayPal business account with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.