Well popular for its fleeting messaging feature, Snapchat, allows users to customize their profiles with various personal details, including their birthdays. Now, even though one might want to add accurate information, there are situations where you might wish to modify the date or year of birth on the platform. So the question arises, can you change your birthday on Snapchat, and if yes, then how many times? Let’s find out.
Table of Contents
How Many Times Can You Change Your Birthday on Snapchat
While your birthday on Snapchat may seem like a minor detail, it can have significant implications. However, Snapchat allows its users to change their birthdays for a limited number of times only. The exact number is not specified but once the limit is exhausted, it cannot be modified again.
Moreover, it is important to provide accurate information about your birthdate because it is used to verify your age. Users under 18 years of age cannot change their birth year. Similarly, once you have set your birthday to be over 18 years old, you cannot change it to below 18 years.
Note: Providing false information is against Snapchat’s terms of service and can have legal consequences.
How to Change Your Birthday on Snapchat
Follow these steps to change your birthday on the platform:
1. Open Snapchat and tap on the profile picture icon in the top-left corner.
2. Tap on the cog wheel icon in the top-right corner.
3. Tap on the Birthday option.
4. Change the date to the new birth date.
5. Tap on Continue to save.
Also Read: How to Change Birthday on Instagram
What Happens if I Change My Birth Year on Snapchat?
Altering your birth year on Snapchat can have an unforeseen impact on your account. If you choose to change your birth year frequently or provide fake information, you may experience the following issues:
- Limited access: You may fall into an age range that restricts certain features or content on the platform. If the new birth year indicates that you are under the minimum age requirement, you may lose access to features that are only available to users above that age. Likewise, filters or lenses available to younger users may not be available to users changing their birthday to an older date.
- Suspension or Deletion: Frequently changing the birth year or inputting false information can violate Snapchat’s terms of service. Snapchat reserves the right to suspend or terminate accounts that engage in deceptive practices.
How to Change Your Birthday on Snapchat After Limit
Snapchat does not allow changing the birthdate or year once the limit is reached. However, if you still want to do so, you can try a workaround and contact the customer support team.
Note: When submitting your request, be sure to provide a detailed explanation of why you need to change your birthdate again and attach any necessary documents as proof.
1. Launch Snapchat and tap on the profile icon in the top-left corner of the screen.
2. Tap the cog wheel icon in the top-right corner to access settings.
3. Scroll down and tap on I Need Help.
4. Tap on Contact Us followed by I need help with a Snapchat feature.
5. Select Settings from the options and then tap on Changing my birthday.
6. Tap on Yes next to Still Need Help?
7. Enter the necessary details and tap Submit.
Keep patience and check your mail for any replies from the support team.
Also Read: What Happened to Birthdays on Facebook?
What to Do After Exceeding Birthday Change Limit on Snapchat?
By default, Snapchat displays a birthday cake emoji next to your name on your profile to celebrate your special day. If you have exhausted the limit and now you do not want others to know about the day, you can disable the birthday party feature in your Snapchat settings.
1. In the Snapchat profile settings, tap on Birthday.
2. Uncheck the box next to the Birthday Party option.
Also Read: 20 Best Day Counter Apps for Android
We hope that this article helped you understand how many times you can change your birthday on Snapchat. In case you have any other questions or suggestions for us, feel free to drop them in the comments section below.